Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Miss DIANA ROSS at last night's opening of MOTOWN: The Musical

Are we lit yet?

by Anonymousreply 5511/17/2014

There's a rumored duet with her and Donna Summer, I wish she'd release. They were friends for a few years around the turn of the century.

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2013

she looks really good, love her. Also Nona, Gladys look great.

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2013

Indeed, R3. I can't believe there wasn't at least a shoving match.

And Eddie Holland and BG in the same place at the same time? At one point, HDH and BG had the longest running civil suits against each other in U.S. legal history.

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2013

She boycotted the opening night of Dream girls back in the 1970s.

I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 504/15/2013

One of the gayest things about me is my love for Miss Ross ( and Joan Crawford oh and Marilyn, and Rosalind Russell, Lana Turner, Lena Horne, Dorothy Dandridge, Delores del Rio, Liz Taylor,Diahann Carroll, Ginger from Gilligin's Island, does Brando count?). Anyway, I'd love to see this.

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2013

Whoever said "Black don't crack" never saw those plastic-surgeried mugs.

by Anonymousreply 704/15/2013

R3, the unspoken "fireworks" was that Miss Diana was green with jealousy that Mary is touring in a Lena Horne tribute.

by Anonymousreply 804/15/2013

Damn, who looks more busted: Mary or Diane?

by Anonymousreply 904/15/2013

[quote] the unspoken "fireworks" was that Miss Diana was green with jealousy that Mary is touring in a Lena Horne tribute.

That's mean.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

R5, maybe because the show opened on Broadway in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

I met Mary Wilson for an interview. She autographed my Supremes Box Set. Nice lady.

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

[quote]Dream girls

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 1304/16/2013

Did she have a reservation this time?

by Anonymousreply 1404/16/2013

"...the unspoken "fireworks" was that Miss Diana was green with jealousy that Mary is touring in a Lena Horne tribute."

What is Mary Wilson doing in a Lena Horne tribute? She's a nice enough lady but she's not a good singer. I saw her in concert. There's a reason that when Diana left the Supremes they always found someone else to headline the group. I wish she'd stop with the victim thing. It will help her legacy.

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2013

Has hell frozen over? Mary and Diane together in one room... and they're smiling!

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2013

Touch my face again and I'll cut you.

by Anonymousreply 1704/16/2013

Has Miss Warwick returned from Italy yet? You know she had to be there for the opening.

by Anonymousreply 1804/16/2013

Dionne Warwick wasn't Motown, r18. She sang Burt Bacharach.

by Anonymousreply 1904/16/2013

Vanessa Williams. Did she forget her wig?

by Anonymousreply 2004/16/2013

"Has hell frozen over? Mary and Diane together in one room... and they're smiling!"

And Gladys hugging Barry? Truly the end times are near.

by Anonymousreply 2104/16/2013

I heard she passed through the lobby smelling like a shithouse Airwick.

by Anonymousreply 2204/16/2013

But, R6, you're not quite gay enough to know it is "Dolores" del Rio. But I'll bet it was a typo.

And you ARE fabulous. xx

by Anonymousreply 2304/16/2013

Nona Hendryx looks fantastic. Diana Ross and Smokey Robinson look like over the hill drag queens who've gatecrashed a party. Gladys Knight's makeup is awful; she usually looks great.

by Anonymousreply 2404/16/2013

She was waaaaayyyyyy before my time. I Googled her and I didn't recognize any of her songs and I never heard any of the songs of the Supremes before either. She kind of sucked, even for the olden days. Her voice was tinny and her songs that I heard were garbage.

by Anonymousreply 2504/16/2013

Time for your bath r25. Don't forget to clean behind your ears.

by Anonymousreply 2604/16/2013

Sorry but Diana Ross looks like shit. Black not only cracks, it turns to dust.

by Anonymousreply 2704/16/2013

Hehehe,R23, I was hoping no one would notice that! Dolores was a Goddess!

Interesting, R25, I was born in 1987 and I have a preference for old Hollywood films and musical acts/ artists from the past. I listen to music going as far back as the 1920s. A lot of it is due to my parents combined with my own preferences/taste in films and music. We're fortunate to live during a period that allows us easy access to films and music from the past.

by Anonymousreply 2804/16/2013

Why has Miss Mary poured her chunky old ass into a skimpy, cleavage-bearing ho dress that is several sizes too small? Shame girl!

by Anonymousreply 2904/16/2013

Both Diana and Mary look like shit. Mary looks old and is too overweight to be wearing that kind of a dress, and Diana really needs to stop with the birds nest weaves. She's almost 70 years old, and it looks ridiculous (more than it already did). Why can't she get a new, hairstyle with a looser curl?

by Anonymousreply 3004/16/2013

R15, it doesn't matter how lousy she is -- she got the JOB.

by Anonymousreply 3104/16/2013

Diana looks like an old alcoholic. Oh yeah---SHE IS AN OLD ALCOHOLIC!

by Anonymousreply 3204/17/2013

Did Miss Ross drive her Chevy to the event, blowing a 0.15?

by Anonymousreply 3304/17/2013

Its great that Mary and Diane finally made up. I'm sure they both feel a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 3404/17/2013

Does Miss Ross carry a wind machine in her purse or something?

by Anonymousreply 3504/17/2013

[quote] We're fortunate to live during a period that allows us easy access to films and music from the past.

I also listen to music from any era, and don't understand the obsession with new music only. Good art doesn't have an expiration date. I wonder if more people are listening to old music, as you say now there's easier access to it.

by Anonymousreply 3604/18/2013

Mary has got some reasons to look not as hot as she used to be looking.

Aside from losing a son in an accident several years ago, don't forget that Tom Jones used to pound her mercilessly and relentlessly with his huge Tom Jones schwanzstucker. That would put some years on you in a hurry too.

Wear and tear...wear and tear.

by Anonymousreply 3704/18/2013

I am glad Mary and Diana met and there wasn't a slap or a shove. The resentments from the past are in the past. Good for Berry to pull this all off.

by Anonymousreply 3804/18/2013

This is so old I hezitated, but what the fuck. That Rio Metro Bus #791B isn't due for another 45 minutes so I got a moment.

Yes, I flew up from my self-imposed exile pending resolutionable closure of my little tax issues. And I attended the alleged opening.

Diane wore yellow to hide that piss bag she wears because she's sure people are selling her urine in Eastern Europe as a tonic and bear repellent. She looked like a frog, the poor thing. Those cheek implants are getting soggy up in that nasty mouth of hers, and when she talks her face goes in the six directions. Like a flabby version of the thing in those Alien movies. And to thing that in the past those extra mouths were all sharp and metallic just like in the films.

Her daughters were there, and the extra ones you never know what they are but they've got those thyroid eyes so you figure they're blood. It looked like a reunion of the inbred Spanish Bourbons, with those bad teeth, fat asses and hauteur (see, I read).

I worry about Mary. She don't got no money, as you must know. Otherwise she'd have some of that lard sucked out of her butt and shipped to KFC. But she hired some bitch to dress and make up like Flo, who kept hovering around Diane snarling "murderessssssssss." Diane finally cut her, just on the arm, and Faux Flo took off. She obviously wasn't getting combat pay.

But Lord the worst was Berry. Now I never worked for him, which means I never fucked him (pretty much the same thing), but at one time I thought he was rather fine. Not white fine, but fine for a man colored like 10:15 pm. Shit. He looks like a shriveled walnut with Afromold on top. Age is shit. So much for Plan W.

The show sucked. There was nothin' about the non-Motown stars who were proving you didn't have to come out of a Detroit slum to make it. And not one of my hits - such a narrow focus.

Oh, here comes a 790D. That'll get me close. I hate having to go fetch my Amazon Wowowweed myself, but I found out Lupella was cutting it with oregano and giving it to her Paraguayan boyfriend. I smelled like burnt dago pot roast for a week.

by Anonymousreply 3905/08/2013

Oh, Miss Warwick, you've gone and outdone yourself this time. Best post in a long time. Dumont must have picked up some really good shit recently.

by Anonymousreply 4005/08/2013

You're sweet, R40, but I notice no one in your zip code has donated to the That's What Fans Are For Emergency Defense Fund for Justice for MISS DIONNE WARWICK (tm) the Greatest Singer in History Against Racism and Sexism in Jesus' Holy Name.

Now that you know that I got an in with the people here - we use the same "pharmacy" when I'm in Iowa - you don't want me to sit here tapping my poor gouty toe waiting for you to show your love in the only way that means a shit to me, do you, baby?

Three digits minimum, now. Justice don't come cheap.

by Anonymousreply 4105/08/2013

Dionne, did Diane try to seduce Whitney when the latter was on the cusp of stardom?

Of course Whitney, being the Jesus lovin', straighter than Jodie Foster, red-blooded heterosexual gal that she was, would have turned Diane down. Diane would have made a good lez couple with Aretha a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4205/09/2013

Diane called Cissy when Nippy was starting to move towards her moment and told her she would pay Mama a stipend every month if she arranged for Nippy to have some "throatal nodal surgery." Cissy consulted with the most successful entrepreneur and talented diva she knew - me - and I told her that she could make more by pushing Nippy out on stage and letting her sing. I knew that girl would make it huge, raising her up as I did with my uh-huhs and amens and you-go-girls when she'd sing at family suppers. And picnics. And church. And going to the store. And taking a pee. And, a-fucking-las, taking a hit off my bong. Ka-CHING, I told CIssy.

Naturally Diane went ape. She'd sit in front of that mirror talking to it with that jet-and-obsidian crown of hers on her head - size 23 7/8 - and cast spells. I blame her for everything that happened to Nippy - Diane put the devil on that girl. She did.

But she never seduced Whitney. Diane likes the men, and she only likes them when they are using a wrap-around Ben Franklin for a condom.

Diane stayed away from Re because when she was around Re Re always said Diane smelled like buffalo fish and Ripple, with her mouth all watering and drooling. Diane liked being eaten only when the word was followed by an "out."

Yes, now. Yes, you sassy bitch at R42. Let it be known just between the two of us that Nippy did like a little tang bumping once in a while. I caught her with that whatsit once pegging the shit out of her. I think she was playing Bobby and Miss Thing under her was playing Nippy. I do not judge. No maam. I get stoned, I don't throw 'em. But I was a little spooked - Nippy looked up at me and that tongue licked both her eyebrows and I knew she was grooving on the celestial beauty of my matchless perfection. Meaning my sweatshirt was hiding the fact that my tits were tied in a knot behind my back to keep out of my way.

No, Re wasn't into ladies, unless you count fried chicken made from hens.

As you can see, I'm a little strung out and tired. I got on the wrong bus last night and ended up in the jungle. Thank God my hair now glows in the dark a little from all the processes and medicaments I have ingestified, so I could find my back back into town. Speaking of Nippy, I gotta stop by that cemetery where I got her stashed and make sure she hasn't run out of rats. When she turns on the street urchins I got to move her to keep the locals out of my shit.

by Anonymousreply 4305/09/2013

[quote]I get stoned, I don't throw 'em.

LOL. I love Miss Warwick.

by Anonymousreply 4405/09/2013

Is Diana Ross still a superstar or is she over?

by Anonymousreply 4505/09/2013

I think Ross is actually more well-regarded in Europe than the US. She had a UK top 10 within the last ten years, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 4605/09/2013

Over. Big time.

by Anonymousreply 4705/09/2013

I saw Smokey at the Kool Jazz festival, it was in the middle of his cocaine addition. He literally rambled on and on between songs until fans were actually booing him. Oh well. I saw Stevie on his next to last night of a tour. You'd think he would be burnt out after that, but hell no. What a show. Sang everything. After the show he said "I'm gonna preach a while, if you wanna go, go." Everybody stayed and he preached. His brother Calvin was with him, his usual guide. I saw Diana as well, a good show.

by Anonymousreply 4805/09/2013

re: Mary Wilson does Lena Horne. I'm just glad that Lena ain't still alive because there's NO-WAY she'd have let that piece of crap happen. Have you seen the clips on YouTube? Awful, just AWFUL. Wilson can't sing and to even attempt to emulate a true star who REALLY struggled to make her name is just obscene. Wilson doesn't have a great voice - whoever thought she was right for the part was WRONG. Pick some unknown up-and-coming talent who can REALLY do Ms Horne justice.

by Anonymousreply 4906/15/2013

Doesn't she ever change her hair?

by Anonymousreply 5006/15/2013

r49

Leslie Uggams!

by Anonymousreply 5106/15/2013

[quote]I think Ross is actually more well-regarded in Europe than the US. She had a UK top 10 within the last ten years, for instance.

Not really. And that UK Top 10 (Not Over You Yet) was actually 14 years ago in 1999, and the single version was produced by the same people who produced Cher's "Believe", hence the good reception. Other than that, she still plays the same little sized theaters there that she plays here these days.

[quote]Doesn't she ever change her hair?

Sadly, no. That cotton candy weave looks so dated now and ridiculous at her age. She needs to straighten it or loosen the curl and get several inches taken off.

by Anonymousreply 5206/15/2013

[quote] Not really. And that UK Top 10 (Not Over You Yet) was actually 14 years ago in 1999, and the single version was produced by the same people who produced Cher's "Believe", hence the good reception.

Check your facts. She did a remake of "When You Tell Me That You Love Me".

by Anonymousreply 5306/15/2013

Well leave it to Miss Mary to Crash another Party! She was about as Welcome as Crabs at a Bath House. That tired old thing no doubt took the Subway.

by Anonymousreply 5411/17/2014

Diana's face looks ok, but that hair and outfit! Girl, no.

Her daughters seem normal? Wonder how that happened...

Nona looks the best.

by Anonymousreply 5511/17/2014
Need more help? Click Here.