Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

You should type datalounge into google

The first thing that comes up is datalounge Matt Bomer. The fuck. Is Matt Bomer really that popular?

by Anonymousreply 2504/16/2013

It's only here. Someone has an obsession with him, and they think typing his name over and over again will make them just a little bit closer to him.

I refuse to even Google his name to find out what he looks like.

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2013

OP, Google caters to the person using the search engine. Turns out that it's you that is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2013

Its coming from inside the house!!

by Anonymousreply 304/15/2013

I think R2 nails it. I got mitt Romney. Lisa Witnchel( whatever her name is) and Miss Sisssy Boodles. Also another site about datalounge refugees

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2013

[quote]OP, Google caters to the person using the search engine.

Not necessarily so. I got Matt Bomer, Gale Harold, and Bradley Cooper for the first three people. I've never looked at a Bomer thread, looked at Gale Harold threads several years ago and have never read a Bradley Cooper thread. I also got Beyonce (can't stand the bitch so don't look at her threads), Taylor Lautner, another person I don't follow, and Tom Cruise - I've read TC threads.

by Anonymousreply 504/16/2013

I got Jodie Foster. Google knows I'm a big old lez.

by Anonymousreply 604/16/2013

Weird! I get the following top results when I type in "DataLounge" on:

Google - Rihanna

Bing - Tom Hiddleston

Yahoo - George Eads (?!)

Ask - Nicole Kidman and Naomi Watts

by Anonymousreply 704/16/2013

I got Mitt, dammit

by Anonymousreply 804/16/2013

Google doesn't know r2

by Anonymousreply 904/16/2013

It displayed gossip for me. It's probably because you have already searched for Bomer or visited a page where he was a keyword.

by Anonymousreply 1004/16/2013

I also get Matt Bomer, Gale Harold, and Bradley Cooper.

I have searched for more Gayle Grinds threads than Gale Harold, so I wonder why that shows up.

by Anonymousreply 1104/16/2013

[quote]I also get Matt Bomer, Gale Harold, and Bradley Cooper.

I just got the same. I've never done a search for them.

by Anonymousreply 1204/16/2013

Hahahahaaa. Check out the Urban Dictionary entry for DATALOUNGE.

by Anonymousreply 1304/16/2013

If everyone goes to Google and types in "DataLounge Aaron Schock gay," at the end of the day will that put Schock in the lead over Bomer?

by Anonymousreply 1404/16/2013

Does google also track websites you visit (not through their search engine, but regular browsing) to tailor your search results, or did I make that up?

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2013

I get Matt Bomer, Gale Harold, and Bradely Cooper. I doubt Google catered to my interest because I couldn't care less about these 3 and couldn't tell you anything they've done. Gossip was also in my top a long with Tom Cruise, Taylor Lautner, Hugh Jackman, Zac Effron, and refugees. This essentially proves that if Google caters to the specific person ( I doubt it) they surely aren't catering to me. I think they just show the most popular searches.

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2013

[quote] I also get Matt Bomer, Gale Harold, and Bradley Cooper.

I'm sure I've never googled Harold or Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 1704/16/2013

Google doesn't cater to your specific interests, but shows the most popular searches at the moment.

So, to answer OP's question, it seems that yes, Bomer is that popular.

by Anonymousreply 1804/16/2013

Google definitely tailors search results:

by Anonymousreply 1904/16/2013

If you're signed in to google, they definitely also tailor autocomplete suggestions. (Possibly they do this also if you're not logged in, but it's not clear to me from their language. They don't say that they do, but they also don't say that they don't.) From their support page:

[quote]The search queries that you see as part of autocomplete are a reflection of the search activity of all web users and the content of web pages indexed by Google. If you're signed in to your Google Account and have Web History enabled, you might also see search queries from relevant searches that you've done in the past.

by Anonymousreply 2004/16/2013

Since several people have already said that they've never searched for the people who show up on their lists, it should be clear that they don't tailor search topics to your specific interests.

It's one thing for them to save your prior searches ( which is something they do actually do and you can also delete the past search history by clicking the x to the right of it, and these prior search topics are above the other search topics and usually in blue) but it's another thing to say that they cater specifically to your interests especially when none of the people/things showing up are included in those interests. There are things you've never even heard of that will pop up if you type certain letters or partial words. Those names pop up because they are the most popular search topics for people who visit DL.

by Anonymousreply 2104/16/2013

I do all the time. If you want to search any topic you just Google datalounge and the name of the topic.

That's how I find threads and know not to start another one!

by Anonymousreply 2204/16/2013

No, I don't think it means Matt Bomer is that popular online, rather, Bomer, BC, and GH are popular searches for DL users. That's not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 2304/16/2013

anything Matt Bomer is a SOAP THREAD in case you didn't know it.

Matt Bomer is a SOAP OPERA actor and his threads are just the SOAP OPERA cunts getting their stupid stealth SOAP OPERA threads.

Anyone says any different is lying and is hoping the webmaster doesn't start snuffing out their Matt Bomer SOAP OPERA threads.

by Anonymousreply 2404/16/2013

This image encapsulates the Datalounge Experience:

by Anonymousreply 2504/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!