Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Louis C.K. "Oh My God" on HBO

He's fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 3404/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 104/14/2013

I used to love him. But after watching that special, I think he's peaked. Too successful and no longer with the outsider perspective that made his earlier specials so funny.

by Anonymousreply 204/14/2013

Are you kidding? This special was every bit as funny as past ones.

And his TV show is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 304/14/2013

Funnier than the last special. Lost it when he was mimicking the seals and pondering what it would be like if we were still in the food chain and had to worry about predators.

by Anonymousreply 404/14/2013

I hate "story jokes". Where they go on and on, then there's some sort of 'reveal' that passes for a weak punchline.

I really don't care about this guy's bodily functions. And kid stories are deadly dull. When you start incorporating your offspring into your act- it's over.

I enjoy "Louie", but dislike how they bookend the show with standup, ala early Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 504/15/2013

R5, you should watch this show before you judge, because what you describe yourself as hating doesn't sound like his show at all to me.

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2013

Love his show. Some of the episodes rank with the best of Seinfeld in terms of misanthropic humor.

I do not find his stand-up funny in the least bit.

by Anonymousreply 704/15/2013

R7, did you watch this most recent HBO special? I laughed out-loud many times...

by Anonymousreply 804/15/2013

Then there's his famous "faggot" routine. Any gay people still left on this site?

by Anonymousreply 1004/15/2013

On his show his gay friend explains to him the origin of the word faggot in explicit terms and shames him for using it. I don't consider Louis C.K. the enemy. Tracy Morgan is another case, however.

by Anonymousreply 1104/15/2013

I love Louis, but this was probably the weakest special of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2013

I just want his ball sack in my mouth. So sue me.

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2013

I loved his bit about how putting on his socks was the worst part of his day, every day... "It's like folding a bowling ball"

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2013

I watched this last night and found myself kind turned on when he was talking about sex -- gay sex included -- as one of life's great pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 1604/21/2013

Well *I* thought it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 1704/25/2013

I saw this routine live in NYC back in October. While I love Louis CK and have seen every episode of his show, this standup routine was good but not great.

One thing that spoiled it for me was that part of Louis's act is describing the awfulness of his life, of getting older and fatter - which I do find hilarious - but the audience was filled with young hipster types from Manhattan and Brooklyn who can't actually relate to that, but are just there because Louis is one of the hottest comedians right now. When he asked people over 40 to clap, you could've heard a pin drop.

by Anonymousreply 1804/25/2013

Because most of them didn't clap!!

"I don't have to fuckin clap..."

by Anonymousreply 1904/25/2013

His bit about road rage was so hilariously applicable to my life that I recounted it to my therapist (a few weeks after I lamented the fact that I lost my temper and flipped off another driver). I don't think he's brilliant, but he's a great comic.

by Anonymousreply 2004/25/2013

I liked his proposal for an "It Gets Better" video for middle aged straight guys and his riff on Nixon's resignation.

And I'd think he'd deserve DL's highest honor for his "Of COURSE/But MAYBE" bit about peanut allergies. ("Maybe if touching a peanut kills you, you're supposed to die.")

by Anonymousreply 2104/25/2013

He was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 2204/25/2013

R21, I was just thinking about that bit again... especially with the "woman demands school go peanut-free for her kid" thread on the front page.

by Anonymousreply 2304/26/2013

I love his humor and would do him in a NY minute.

by Anonymousreply 2404/26/2013

I thought his stuff on co-parenting with his ex was insightful--that he can be a good dad because he's only with his kids a few days out of the week. I'm sure lots and lots of divorcees feel that way but don't want to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 2504/26/2013

He's sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 2604/26/2013

OK, I get funny. I get charisma. But I don't get sexy.

by Anonymousreply 2704/26/2013

I want his babies swimming up where the man go up the man.

by Anonymousreply 2804/26/2013

LOL...ok R27 I will give you that one.

Him, as a cop, on Parks & Rec did it for me though.

by Anonymousreply 2904/26/2013

"He's sexy as hell."

Isn't it too early to be drunk?

by Anonymousreply 3004/26/2013

Dylan Moran is funny. This guy is kind of dull.

by Anonymousreply 3304/26/2013

Bob's Burgers is funny. It's only unfunny to old farts.

by Anonymousreply 3404/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!