Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stoners

I love pot. It makes me happy. It clears my mind. My intensity goes why down. And I find that I can't lie to myself when I am stoned. I am stoned now. To all my fellow potheads-what do you like about pot, would you make it legal, and/ or which famous person smokes pot on the down low?

I think pot is better than drinking or coke. And I would never support legalizing coke. My one restriction would be that you must be an adult to smoke it.

Don't bogart your answer!

by Anonymousreply 5204/20/2013

No stoners?

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2013

It also strips you of motivation and ambition. I've seen friends go down the tubes because of pot. It's not the harmless little drug everyone thinks it is. As bad as alcohol in my honest opinion.

When used recreationally I don't have an issue but people who smoke pot daily are not productive, engaging people to be around. Just like any drug, it has its highs and lows.

I don't doubt its medicinal qualities for those in pain but long term constant usage is not the answer.

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2013

I'm not a stoner but I do think it should be legal simply because I agree that it's no worse than alcohol.

I also do think it can be as bad as alcohol- in the other direction.

People do get VERY dependent and addicted. Abuse can make the very things they're trying to assuage worse, Anxiety, Depression, etc., worsen with abuse of pot. So it all depends on how one uses it.

If you're someone whose prone to addiction, you'd probably want to stay off of it. You'll have no motivation to get better with anything.

by Anonymousreply 304/15/2013

"My intensity goes why down"

Oh, dear. Are you high now?

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2013

Its fun, things that normally would only be amusing turn out to be downright hilarious. And you sure dont feel like shit the next day like you do with drinking. It helps me be more creative, I like to smoke up, fire up the Sketch-up and make really cool things, or draw or paint. Problem is for me, if I get a bag and smoke only once every day, after about 5 days it no longer has the same effect. I have to lay off it for a few days, then start up again.

I really wish they would legalize it. It's no worse than alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2013

I wish they would make it legal, too, it's ridiculous that alcohol gets a free pass while this much less harmful drug is criminalized. That said, I hope I never have occasion to converse with a hardcore stoner again. That dull-wittedness drives me crazy. And it can definitely be a problem -- my high school valedictorian wasted all his potential after discovering the joys of pot in college.

by Anonymousreply 704/15/2013

Considering the demographic catastrophe which faces us ahead, we need to have as many people as possible kept indoors, low activity, zero political action, minimal resource use. It would behoove the government to provide the marijuana itself and keep a good proportion of the public on it.

by Anonymousreply 804/15/2013

Smoke di chi chi mon!

by Anonymousreply 904/15/2013

As I do with genetically modified food, I do wonder about the origin of most Cali weed. What's in it? How is it grown and what is added? I did get some once straight from Humboldt that was truly sublime. Sticky ICKY. No paranoia, no dopey-headedness. Incredible.

by Anonymousreply 1004/15/2013

Please, r1, your friend's are doing more than pot if they are debilitated by the rate you claim.

I find it to be motivating and mentally opening, personally. I used to be a heavy stoner back in college, in my twenties I quit, because I used to run a lot and I thought that it winded me. Lately I enjoy a puff or two, I'm one of those tedious users that has to have an agenda of productivity on tap or I would rather not get high. BTW... I get high, but not stoned, and I don't drink alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 1104/15/2013

just me and my ganga!

love my pot and smoke a little every night before bed instead of drinking alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2013

I never got the people claiming it makes you lethargic, etc. I smoke and have a HUGE burst of energy from it. I don't smoke often but I did the other day. Painted a room, cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms completely and organized my cabinets and pantry.

Love it for that effect alone.

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2013

Legalize it!!

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2013

People who post these weird "danger danger" things about pot don't actually know anything about pot.

Shut the fuck up, idiot puritans.

You sound like Republicans talking about gay people and women.

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2013

It should be legal and anyone with a thinking brain, knows that.

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2013

R13, I love you, we could get so much done together.

We could become a property flipper team!

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2013

For all of you who equate alcohol with pot, I don't agree. With today's pot, one puff and you are instantly as impaired as you would be after several alcoholic drinks.

by Anonymousreply 1804/15/2013

I'm with R13 & R11. If I smoke I get a burst of energy and become very focused to the point of obsessive. I'll clean like crazy, organize my library. I just can sit still. I only take a few hits, the idea of smoking and smoking and smoking and then sitting and vegging out is not appealing to me. And of course, sex while high is really amazing. But I don't know if I could be called a stoner because I really only do it once a month or so.

by Anonymousreply 1904/15/2013

I hadn't smoked pot for 15 yrs but happen to have some now. I had to relearn what I like to do stoned. At first I just wanted to listen to music, not watch movies or tv. I like the way you can really tell what songs are good when you're stoned, bad songs become obvious and you have no patience for them. A helpful state to weed out your mp3 collection. So listening to music is my favorite thing to do stoned, also watching something weird, sci-fi or horror, on tv.

by Anonymousreply 2004/15/2013

There's nothing wrong with smoking daily.

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2013

Alcohol is far more impairing than marijuana, and addictive.

by Anonymousreply 2204/15/2013

I smoke daily and can name numerous occasions where the pot helped me get through the most tedious of chores.

I believe it should be legalized, it has helped my father get through the worst of his chemo, and my godmother has been relieved of the pain caused by her MS.

by Anonymousreply 2304/15/2013

It helps my deal with long car trips.

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2013

R2, are you high?

by Anonymousreply 2504/15/2013

I have never done anything on pot that I regret. Most of the behavior I regret in life happened when drinking.

That being true, I still can't sleep if I smoke and run "films" behind my eyelids all night long.

So it is only occasional and always great.

It is NOT a good idea for the kids, the link to the underdeveloped brain and teenage use and schizophrenic onset is sadly proven. It is not harmless.

by Anonymousreply 2604/15/2013

*as a factor in schizophrenic onset*

by Anonymousreply 2704/15/2013

[quote]I don't doubt its medicinal qualities for those in pain but long term constant usage is not the answer.

I second this, with caution. I don't believe the drug should be criminalized or vilified as it is now. Smoking up on occasion probably should be a larger part of many people's lives. But when it is a "lifestyle" it seems to sap the will out of my acquaintances who are that way.

by Anonymousreply 2804/15/2013

[quote]It also strips you of motivation and ambition. I've seen friends go down the tubes because of pot. It's not the harmless little drug everyone thinks it is. As bad as alcohol in my honest opinion.

I've been a stoner for years, yet I'm an honors student, I'm on the dean's list, and have tons of ambition. Just because you and your friends are lazy doesn't mean it's pot's fault. It's time to grow up and stop blaming your own shortcomings on weed.

by Anonymousreply 2904/16/2013

Sometimes, probably due to anxiety, I freeze up when I'm normal. Cycles of self-attack (instigated by family originally). When I smoke a SMALL amount - like a sip - I get right to it, whatever it might be: cleaning, submitting for work, laundry, ironing, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3004/16/2013

I think its pretty clear that everyone who has posted here about the horrors of pot have not actually done it.

by Anonymousreply 3104/16/2013

I remember reading a conspiracy theory(?) somewhere explaining why marijuana is banned while others are not.

by Anonymousreply 3204/16/2013

A little pulls you out of the matrix. Too much drops you back in.

by Anonymousreply 3304/16/2013

Exactly right, R31. The anti-pot brigade R18 has all their little pamphlets about the Evils of Marijuana, but they have no clue what the experience of smoking it is like.

I drank hard for over 30 years. Don't anyone dare tell me that weed is worse than liquor. Weed would never have fucked up my liver the way alcohol did.

by Anonymousreply 3404/16/2013

R32 For a long time marijuana was considered something only blacks did. The laws grew out of the racist attitudes as another way to lock them up. Times havent change.

by Anonymousreply 3504/16/2013

Like, wow, OP. You know I was just thinking on that myself. There's just gotta be a way in, inside, way inside, a way. And, and, and. Huh. What? (Giggle giggle, hack.)

No. Wait. What?

by Anonymousreply 3604/16/2013

I used to be a heavy drinker, and mj edibles (I live in Denver) have helped me get off the booze. I feel so much better. No more hangovers, bloated stomach, or liver pain. It will be legal here in February, and they are going to push marijuana tourism, which I don't think will be good for the city. I have a couple of edibles and go to bed. I don't want people coming here driving and running around town high. The downtown area reeks of weed already.

by Anonymousreply 3704/16/2013

I recommend nibbling on a little piece of pot brownie after lunch one day late in the week. High, smiley, no odor, feeling good in your cube. And often getting shit done!

by Anonymousreply 3804/16/2013

I smoke pot every day. Not much, a few hits at night. It calms me down, and helps me come up with ideas for work. Many of my best projects came to me when stoned. I vastly prefer it to alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 3904/16/2013

[quote]And you sure dont feel like shit the next day like you do with drinking

Not my drug of choice partially due to the "pot hangovers" I feel in the morning. Just totally lacking energy. It never does anything to my mood, just makes me a zombie.

Different drugs react differently with different people, so it irks me a bit to hear the endless drone from pot heads about how great it is and all this consciousness-expanding bullshit. It's like listening to someone go on about their home theater set up.

by Anonymousreply 4004/16/2013

I bought the Hot Box cube and gave up smoking for vaporizing. Much better for your lungs, very effective and stoney high.

Plus there is no pot smoke---great for close living situations like dorms or apartments or when you don't want to smell like a cloud of reefer

by Anonymousreply 4104/16/2013

So... the take away here, is that pot affects people in different ways. I personally get energetic and get into cleaning or organizing. If I listen to music, which is about he only thing I want to do when on pot, I can focus on every note and instrument. It's amazing. When I have watched 'Friends' while high, it soo much funnier. Every line and facial movement of the actors have many meanings all at the same time. It's fun. Too bad I don't get high that often. Once every few years.

by Anonymousreply 4204/16/2013

Prohibition Now, Prohibition Forever!

Because it always works out so well in America.

by Anonymousreply 4304/16/2013

OP I don't know if you can access this or not, but if you have cable TV with On Demand, go to the menu and click Free On Demand. Then look for the sub listing Cutting Edge(which contains the cartoon network), then click on "Adult Swim". Now you will have a menu of all the adult targeted shows on Cartoon Net. If you have made it this far, and I somehow doubt that you have, look for the show "The Boondocks". It is the funniest thing on free cable, and I don't like cartoons. There is an episode where granddady is offered weed, after all his years of taking the meds shoved down the throats of the elderly. He is a real old school guy, so he initially refuses the joint. When he finally tries it, his entire outlook on life changes, he loses his grumpiness, gets his sex drive back and is in hog heaven. It's done in a hippie acid style, much like a retro Fantasia thing. Your post sounded so reminiscent of the episode, I thought you's enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 4404/16/2013

Pot makes people stoned.

by Anonymousreply 4504/16/2013

I get annoyed with people who like to personify marijuana and put all the responsibility for their behaviour on the drug. All it does is enhance what you're feeling; you have to judge whether it's appropriate to use or not.

All this "pot ruined my life, made me a no hoper" is rubbish. If that is the outcome of your behaviour then you always were a no hoper. Marijuana is not addictive; the routine you create around it may be but the actual substance is not.

It's like people who can't quit smoking tobacco and make a huge deal about it - drama queens. Or people who can't control their food intake. A bunch of attention seeking drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 4604/16/2013

Famous pot smoker: Fran Drescher. My long-time hairdresser once told me his friend worked for a limo company that Fran used frequently in the late 90's. His friend drove for her few times, and said she always requested a car with a moon/sun roof so she could smoke out with her companions on the way to thier destination (and even then, it was very pungent and he could smell it in the front seat).

My hairdresser told me, so it must be true!! Kidding....although I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 4704/16/2013

i'm not as think as you stoned i am

by Anonymousreply 4804/16/2013

Happy 4/20 fellow sisters of Fatima.

by Anonymousreply 4904/20/2013

The advantages of legalization involve bringing it out in the open. People who overuse can be treated openly, which is what happens with alcohol abuse. Society and culture will shape the usage similar to what has happened over time with alcohol. Research can be done on all the effects, good and bad. Research will be more widely discussed on strength, additives, etc. Consider the positive effects of small daily wine consumption, for example.

I haven't used alcohol or marijuana in years, but R10's post sounds interesting to me.

by Anonymousreply 5004/20/2013

"I know people who are these geniuses, who could do great things in this world, but they're wake and bakers and so they don't do anything. It's a waste."

Jennifer Anniston (paraphrasing)

by Anonymousreply 5104/20/2013

"Some of my finest hours have been spent sitting on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."

by Anonymousreply 5204/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.