Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Gay Sex And The City' HBO Pilot Filming In San Francisco

Just like its Girls and Sex and the City predecessors, this untitled project features a group of friends as they try to find footing in a concrete jungle. But these boys are a bit older than their Girls counterparts, so here’s to hoping for less woe-is-me angst and more adult-driven trivialities.

by Anonymousreply 4506/24/2013

And I hope they're not all flamboyant "fabulous" queens and shallow fashion-obsessed twinks, or gym-obsessed muscle-marys.

I'd love to have a show about gay people that wasn't just pure stereotyping. It'd be nice to have a gay character I could relate to for once in my life.

by Anonymousreply 104/13/2013

"But these boys are a bit older than their Girls counterparts"

Making them clinically dead

by Anonymousreply 204/13/2013

Great idea!

by Anonymousreply 304/13/2013

Agree, R1. Since it's HBO, maybe there's hope.

by Anonymousreply 404/13/2013

A gay Sex in the City? Isn't that a bit redundant?

by Anonymousreply 504/13/2013

Don't like the title. It should be called The Urban Rimming Brigade instead.

by Anonymousreply 604/13/2013

It sounds horrid, but maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 704/14/2013

Young gay men can't afford to move to SF these days.

by Anonymousreply 804/14/2013

I hope all the actors are gay, for once.

by Anonymousreply 904/14/2013

It sounds like that YouTube series Old Dogs, It's a fun show but the episodes are only like 5 minutes long it's written by and stars openly gay guys(well except for the fake British rocker, he's actually straight) Oh and David Pevsner has quite a few photos with his nicely proportioned cock hanging out. :) Quick question and maybe someone could start a thread about this but who do DLers enjoy watching on YouTube? There don't seem to be many gay people posting videos there except for Davey Wavy and a few Davey wanna bes.

by Anonymousreply 1004/14/2013

I think David Pevsner is really attractive, If I ran this show I'd have him as naked as possible as often as possible! I still don't understand why a gay series created by gay men would choose a straight actor to play the most sexualized part in the whole series.

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2013

Older? How in the world?

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2013

Sounds like The Outs, shame they didn't just make that into a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2013

HBO is behind the times. They seem locked on archaic depictions of gay men. How about a depiction of a thoroughly masculine bisexual or gay athlete, like a football player or rapper? How about a Hispanic masculine dude who is on the down low or coming to terms with his interest in men? HBO seems to have a retro agenda in its depictions of gay dudes.

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2013

Oh yes, a show all about cowering closet-cases on the down-low. That sure would be inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2013

Why did Pevsner come up? Is he in the show?

He has made a career out of dropping trou.

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2013

This show will only work if it features hot young male extras as lovers, play things, etc.

In this youth obsessed culture nobody wants to really see what their future holds for them. Unless it's something camp like the Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 1804/15/2013

ugh, not another dumb paint-by-numbers gay stereotype show

by Anonymousreply 1904/15/2013

R1, what would make the character relatable for you?

by Anonymousreply 2004/15/2013

Old Dogs and New Tricks?

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2013

[quote]A gay Sex in the City? Isn't that a bit redundant?

It's Sex And The City. Not in. You probably type "should of" and "would of", don't you?

by Anonymousreply 2204/15/2013

[quote]How about a Hispanic masculine dude who is on the down low or coming to terms with his interest in men?

Like Omar in The Wire? Or Keith in Six Feet Under? How about the dozens of gays in Oz?

by Anonymousreply 2304/15/2013

Is there a part for me?

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2013

r23, I wonder if this series will be ethnically diverse

by Anonymousreply 2504/15/2013

r25 Don't hold your breath.

by Anonymousreply 2604/15/2013

Oh yeah, dude!

REPORT: HBO and John Legend to Develop "Down Low" Rapper Drama

Yaasss. Now that The L.A. Complex has gone into the digital sunset ...

2013_04_18_JOHN LEGENDHBO, R20 fave and singer-songwriter deluxe John Legend and producer-director Tony Krantz are developing a new project featuring a "down low" gay rapper, reports Deadline.

Down Lo [is] set in Miami’s South Beach. [T]he edgy ensemble drama explores the intersection of three worlds — the party town’s popular music scene, sports and fashion circles. It deals with fame and secrets, with the stories told from multiple points of view. One of them will be that of a gay rapper living on the down low as homosexuality is still not readily accepted in the hip-hop community.

This could be a winner. The nine-times Grammy Award-winning Legend is ridiculously talented, super stylish and also a fierce progressive and vocal LGBT ally. Krantz was the executive producer of 24 during its height in the early 2000s. Most people would go the cheap and messy route—but I don't see it happening with this team.

by Anonymousreply 2704/19/2013

John Legend is gay. He has a great pair of tits - a little hairy with big, sensitive nipples.

by Anonymousreply 2804/19/2013

Re: john l. Down low series. That's coming out of left field.

by Anonymousreply 2904/19/2013

John Legend is producing an HBO series partially about a rapper who is on the DL. So, there will be masculine bi/gay representation on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 3004/23/2013

David Pevsner is a sweet guy, I knew him years ago in NYC. He's better looking now than he was in his 20s.

by Anonymousreply 3104/24/2013

I hope it's like Queer As Folk. I miss that show.

by Anonymousreply 3204/24/2013

Hope there are some gaybros on the shows instead of the stereotypical embarrassing queens.

by Anonymousreply 3304/24/2013

They need a hot bisexual jock character. Masculine

by Anonymousreply 3405/25/2013

I hope they have gaybros who are into Judy and some femmes that are into amateur mechanics.

by Anonymousreply 3505/25/2013

[quote]How about a depiction of a thoroughly masculine bisexual or gay athlete, like a football player or rapper?

Did you see The L.A. Complex? There was a terrific storyline about a gay rapper who couldn't come to terms with his gayosity. Unfortunately, it was canceled after two seasons, and we never got to see the resolution of Kal's storyline. Here's Andra Fuller, the actor's, imdb page:

by Anonymousreply 3605/25/2013

Let me guess - they're all white with the possible exception of a token so-called minority.

by Anonymousreply 3705/25/2013

But white people are the majority.

The opposite isn't going to be portrayed unless the show is made by minority folks.

by Anonymousreply 3805/25/2013

Sorry R24, they said younger.

by Anonymousreply 3905/25/2013

So says the bigot at r38.

by Anonymousreply 4005/25/2013

HBO has been on fire lately with their programming. I doubt they would have green-lighted this project if it were just another "Queer as Folk" rehash. HBO has become known for smart, savvy, character driven dramas. This could actually be really good and the REAL "revolutionary" depiction of gay men that we've been waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 4105/25/2013

Wait...WHAT?!?!

John Legend is producing a drama about a DOWN LOW RAPPER?!

Has he officially come out of the closet? Did I miss something? Or is this an example of "hiding out in the open"?

by Anonymousreply 4205/25/2013

Too bad they couldn't get hotter guys for the show. The openly gay dude who's dating Zachary Quinto (sorry, can't remember his name), grosses me out for some reason.. don't know why, he just does. I don't find him attractive. And yes, I know I'm a shallow cunt. I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 4305/25/2013

Poor R43. Ain't no gettin' into a shallow cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4405/25/2013

They better have some youngish hot masculine dudes in this.

by Anonymousreply 4506/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.