Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Sebastian Junger gay or what?

Come on. The guy's never been married, and misses war because he loves the fact that it's the only place men can love each other without sanction. He says it's exhilarating. Exhilarating?? Dear God, that's the gayest thing I've ever heard.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 3911/29/2013

High-functioning psychopath, has no need for monogamy.

by Anonymousreply 104/13/2013

I don't know, but I just checked out his book Death in Belmont it'd better be good.

by Anonymousreply 204/13/2013

You know, the way he defends war and soldiers, I'm beginning to wonder if he's not a psychopath. One thing for sure, he's good...very very good at appearing human.

by Anonymousreply 304/13/2013

He is a slut but perhaps that's overcompensation. He's also about 4'10. He asked me out before the publication of THE PERFECT STORM, but I didn't like his arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 404/13/2013

Just how long is his head anyway? I'm guessing about a yard.

by Anonymousreply 504/13/2013

Wait, so he is gay, R4? Or are you a woman?

by Anonymousreply 604/13/2013

I used to think he was hot, but not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 704/13/2013

[quote] Or are you a woman?

I think the "female" sign-off at R4 is a clue.

by Anonymousreply 804/13/2013

When I knew him, he would hit on any woman within a mile radius. He liked them young (I was a 19 year old publishing intern). Apart from his height, he was very good-looking back then, but there was something very off-putting and nasty about his manner. Eg, he liked to fuck women but didn't like women.

So maybe he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 904/13/2013

I know more than a few vets, and not one has ever claimed he misses any part of war. If anything they say, if able to speak in full sentences, that it still haunts them.

The reason I say able to speak in full sentences is because two of these people are unable to care for themselves due to mental illness so severe that they have an emotional age of a two-year old. Both are on so many psychotropic meds that it makes my head spin. One of the drugs being fucking Haldol that should've been banned decades ago. The sad thing is they're forced to go to the Vet for all their medical needs where they're fucking guniea pigs.

by Anonymousreply 1004/13/2013

Well, men who hate women are not necessarily gay. In fact, most misogynists are heterosexual, R4.

by Anonymousreply 1104/13/2013

You're right, R11, didn't mean to be flip. He always had this romantic fascination with a woman-free world. I guess maybe that's what makes me wonder about his orientation.

by Anonymousreply 1204/13/2013

Sounds like a textbook psychopath, R4.

High concentrations of psychopaths in the army and in journalism. War journalism = psychopath nirvana.

by Anonymousreply 1304/13/2013

Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 1404/13/2013

Yeah, psychopaths thrive on "thrilling" environments like war.

by Anonymousreply 1504/13/2013

[quote]The guy's never been married,

Junger lives in New York City with his wife, Daniela Petrova, who is from Bulgaria. He co-owns a bar called The Half-King

by Anonymousreply 1604/13/2013

It's fascinating how everyone is in agreement that this guy is a sociopath. How do we let such people exist in our world?

by Anonymousreply 1704/13/2013

What do you mean, R17? Most of the people at the top are sociopaths. They rule our world. Think about how easy it would be to climb to the top if didn't care about the consequences. Or about hurting anyone else. If you have a certain skill set, you could rise to the top in a heartbeat.

The scum always rises to the top.

by Anonymousreply 1804/13/2013

Psychopaths are kind of useful unless you want to live in a world without police, firefighters, soldiers, surgeons, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1904/13/2013

He really did lose his looks. I've rarely seen someone go so rapidly from being a knockout to being ordinary in just a few years without gaining lots of weight.

by Anonymousreply 2004/13/2013

dead eyes!

by Anonymousreply 2104/13/2013

We are a psychopath nation. We've been conditioned to a psychopath superficial value system. That profit is more important than people. That material wealth is more important than humanity. That what you have is more important than who you are.

Let's face it. We worship wealth, power, status, designers, celebrity, sex without love, style over substance, violence, might makes right, illusions, ...empty, meaningless things and all that glitters....

by Anonymousreply 2204/13/2013

Was Hemingway a sociopath? That's SJ's hero and like EH he worships all that is stereotypically male. I always found him more of a narcissist with deep self-esteem issues.

by Anonymousreply 2304/13/2013

Yes, probably. Would explain his writing style.

by Anonymousreply 2404/13/2013

[quote]Eg, he liked to fuck women but didn't like women. So maybe he is gay.

Isn't that kind of exact OPPOSITE of gay?

by Anonymousreply 2504/13/2013

I saw him speak at the Free Library in Philadelphia; he was there to promote his book about Albert Desalvo. I must say I enjoyed his lecture. I don't recall him being short, but he was on a stage and i wasn't paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 2607/12/2013

I preferred Sebastian younger.

by Anonymousreply 2707/12/2013

agree, R22

by Anonymousreply 2807/12/2013

r26, if you haven't read the book yet, don't bother.

It reads like a classic case of oversold and under delivered.

He spins in circles trying to push a tenuous connection with the case. His writing is not good, specifically he never settled on what the book really was, so it suffered.

Also, he is a government shill, if not an outright asset. I will never forget his biased propaganda piece on Massoud.

by Anonymousreply 2907/12/2013

I don't know OP but I do know he is one tedious writer.

by Anonymousreply 3007/13/2013

r22, it's not the system, it's the lack of balance.

I'm too cynical to think psychos will be eliminated, and they have their uses.

In the last decade or so, though, the balance has tipped in their favour to where decent people are forced to act and become them in order to just scrape by.

by Anonymousreply 3107/13/2013

It should be noted that even in r14's picture of Mr. Junger at the peak of his hotness they had to leave the top fifteen inches of his forehead out of frame.

by Anonymousreply 3207/13/2013

He's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 3308/01/2013

What is the term for someone who likes to hang around with tough, macho men, loves to be in combat situations with soldiers, loves danger, and being with dangerous men, but doesn't really like to have sex with them - only sex with women, who he doesn't actually like. Just their genitalia ?

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2013

A dullard, R34?

by Anonymousreply 3508/01/2013

He's not a psychopath either. He does not go to war now and does not do anything risky now. Also people who do things like that are not necessarily psychopaths. Are firemen psychopaths? Get a grip people.

by Anonymousreply 3708/01/2013

Glad to see you here, Sebatian

by Anonymousreply 3808/18/2013

Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 3911/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.