Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

LINDSAY LOHAN NO ADDERALL ... NO REHAB

Lindsay Lohan may leave rehab as fast as she arrives, if they dare try and take her precious Adderall away ... and we've learned that's exactly what the facility plans to do.

TMZ broke the story ... Lindsay will do her 90 days of rehab at the Seafield Center in Westhampton Beach, NY. An official source at the Center tells TMZ although they allow people to take drugs prescribed by a doctor, they are suspicious of Adderall because of its many abuses -- lots of people say they take it for ADHD, when they're really using it for weight loss and getting high.

We're told Seafield tries to ween patients off Adderall and give them other, less addictive meds for ADHD.

As for Lindsay -- who's been a hard-core Adderall user for years -- she's telling friends she absolutely refuses to take an Adderall substitute. She says she's tried other meds and Adderall is the only Rx that works for her.

Bottom line -- Lindsay has said many times she's not going to stay in a facility that doesn't allow her to take her Adderall, and when she finds out Seafield wants her off of it ... she's outta there.

by Anonymousreply 6004/17/2013

She does not make the rules. She's in the legal system now.

If she's being treated for ADHD, it's not working. She has no visible means of support, flits all over the country, bar hops compulsively.

How soon before she slaps a therapist there, leaves early, is back before a Judge, blah blah?

by Anonymousreply 104/13/2013

Adderall seems to be working really well for her.

by Anonymousreply 204/13/2013

"ween"?

I guess even people who write for a living can't spell any more.

by Anonymousreply 304/13/2013

Fine, go to jail then!

by Anonymousreply 404/13/2013

I convinced my dr to give me an adderall script a couple of years ago. I was amazed at how thin I became. It is like meth...which is the main reason I went off it. It's powerful stuff.

by Anonymousreply 504/13/2013

It really is like meth. I was on it for awhile. Found myself abusing it and needing something to come down at night. I preferred xanax and booze. Like Elvis. Or Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 604/13/2013

Yep, r6. I started drinking heavily at night to sleep, then the adderall helped with the hangover the next day. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled off the market at some point.

by Anonymousreply 704/13/2013

Just die already!

by Anonymousreply 804/13/2013

It'll be pulled just like 'ludes. All the good stuff is pulled eventually.

by Anonymousreply 904/13/2013

r10 I don't know how a grownup would get Adderall, unless they say it's for their kid. I used to work with a woman who took her kids rx for it. I went with her one day to pick it up at Walgreens and is said, in big letters, "Not for use of people who are over 18" It was fucking insane!

by Anonymousreply 1204/13/2013

Lindsey's grown, and she's talking it.

by Anonymousreply 1304/13/2013

My mom takes it to r13, and she's fucking 70. They don't call it Adderall though, it's Strattera and doesn't have such a stigma. r10, ask your psych for Strattera, it has to be a psych though, I don't think a pcp can give it to you.

by Anonymousreply 1404/13/2013

I am 40, and my dr gave me adderall. There is no warning about age, that is silly. I told him that I have always had ADHD, but didn't know what was wrong until recently after reading about it. I said that I couldn't concentrate at work, can't sit still, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1504/14/2013

There is such a thing as adult ADHD, and lots of those people take a stimulant for it. I'd be very suspicious about Lindsay actually having it, though.

by Anonymousreply 1604/14/2013

Does it destroy your looks like meth?

by Anonymousreply 1704/14/2013

It is a very similar chemical compound, not identical.

Few side effects if taken as prescribed (depending on the user), but as we know, it is often abused.

I'd be more concerned about my cardiovascular system than my looks.

by Anonymousreply 1804/14/2013

My brother is 32 and he takes it. However, there is some arcane rule about insurance coverage if you're over 18. I believe it's only paid for fully by insurance if you're a minor. Adults have to pay for it out of pocket.

by Anonymousreply 1904/14/2013

My BF takes it and it is covered by insurance.

by Anonymousreply 2004/14/2013

Then quite likely my brother has very shitty insurance. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 2104/14/2013

It's old-fashioned speed, not meth.

by Anonymousreply 2204/14/2013

Do people lose weight while taking Adderall simply because they forget to eat?

by Anonymousreply 2304/14/2013

No r23...you just aren't hungry. It speeds up your metabolism too.

by Anonymousreply 2404/14/2013

How can she make all these demands when the court ruled it is rehab or jail time? This is why she has such a sense of entitlement. She needs to go to jail. And not some country club jail either. Let her do time with some Bangers. The average American who broke the law time and time again, and broke parole, would be staring at some real jail time. It just isn't fair.

by Anonymousreply 2504/14/2013

[quote]R10 I don't know how a grownup would get Adderall, unless they say it's for their kid.

You might try to educate yourself before making stupid comments like this one next time. ADHD is an actual disorder -- for children AND adults -- and Adderall/amphetamine have been prescribed for it for decades. (And yes, Walgreens fills scrips for it. I have no idea why on earth the place you visited does not.) The problem is now twofold: it's being overprescribed by pediatricians for children who don't really need it, and adults have figured out that, depending on the doctor, it's *very* easy to get an Adderall scrip if you can fake your way past a completely subjective oral test for ADHD.

When I was in law school, the name of a local "Dr. Feelgood," as we called him, was quietly shared with others. I don't know of anyone who truly abused the drug, but it sure as hell helped when it came time to cram for finals! Also, I have two (adult) friends who most definitely have ADHD and have taken Adderall for years to keep it in check.

Finally, to dispel all the hysteria on this thread: amphetamine is about as closely related to methamphetamine as Barack Hussein Obama is related to Saddam Hussein. In other words, not at all, even if the names are similar. If anything it's more like an extra-potent version of caffeine. No, R17, it does nothing to your looks; people develop "meth mouth" from inhaling super-heated smoke that eventually destroys their teeth. And no, R23, you don't "forget to eat" on it - Adderall merely has appetite suppression as a side effect.

As for LiLo ... I don't buy this "medication" excuse any more than I ever bought her once-routine emergency hospitalizations for "asthma attacks."

by Anonymousreply 2604/14/2013

I wouldn't give up my adderall either!

by Anonymousreply 2704/14/2013

Send her to jail. Please. End this charade. She's an embarrassment. No one cares anymore. No one. Her career is dead. No one will work with her. How much longer can she go on?

by Anonymousreply 2804/14/2013

R25 That's what I want to know - who is this little cunt to think she can make all these demands? And why is the CA legal system such a joke?

by Anonymousreply 2904/14/2013

[quote]Her career is dead. No one will work with her.

We're getting re-run posts. This info was posted here four years ago, three years ago, two years ago, and last year.

by Anonymousreply 3004/14/2013

I'm sure I've had ADHD all of my life. I wish it had had a name and a treatment years ago. No sense getting treated now. My career is over.

by Anonymousreply 3104/14/2013

[quote] I used to work with a woman who took her kids rx for it. I went with her one day to pick it up at Walgreens and is said, in big letters, "Not for use of people who are over 18" It was fucking insane!

[quote] I am 40, and my dr gave me adderall. There is no warning about age, that is silly

I can guarantee they know the mother is taking her children's Adderall and that's why they put that warning sticker on there. It isn't a regular warning label (like may cause dizziness). And actually there are cardiovascular warnings/ things to consider regarding Adderall for children and especially adults over the age of 45

by Anonymousreply 3204/14/2013

[quote] Do people lose weight while taking Adderall simply because they forget to eat?

No they lose weight because Adderall is an amphetamine

by Anonymousreply 3304/14/2013

r32 are you a pharmacist? I am the one who went with the woman who picked up her kid's adderall. Did they really put that warning for her? Because, yeah, she didn't look like she hadn't partaken in speed.

by Anonymousreply 3404/14/2013

I take a very high dose (180 mg daily) for major depression. The appetite suppression effect wore off after awhile and I never felt like I was "high". When I slipped into this dark place, I couldn't get out of bed or even do the simplist task. Remarkably, it was a huge help. BTW -- my insurance doesn't pay and at the time I started taking it there was a shortage so prices were jacked-up.

by Anonymousreply 3504/14/2013

No it isn't r33, see the meth apologist at r26. And know that he is smart because he went to law school.

by Anonymousreply 3604/14/2013

I take a way small amount 10MG 2x a day and I have lost 20 lbs so far w/o trying.

I do feel "on" when I take it. & Yes I do have ADHD.

by Anonymousreply 3704/15/2013

Wellbutrin works in some cases. It isn't an amphetamine or anything, it's marketed for depression and smoking cessation. But it does give a lift and suppress the appetite.

by Anonymousreply 3804/15/2013

Hohan cleary takes it for weight control. In her brief heyday she was never fat, but after getting implants installed she became an anorexic bleached cokewhore, skinny to Nicole Ritchie levels. I had heard of adderall used as a weight loss trick back then and wanted an rx myself.

by Anonymousreply 3904/15/2013

I'm very surprised to read that, R35. I review medical records for a living, because I make disability decisions. Of the thousands I have seen, I have never seen Adderall prescribed for this purpose. And I'm not surprised you take a huge dose. You are addicted and would be in bad shape if something happened to your doctor and you had to get that scrip from someone else.

by Anonymousreply 4004/15/2013

If Lilo thinks she's going to go into court mandated rehab and demand her meds of choice I have one thing to tell her. Good luck sweet cheeks.

I entered rehab without any mandate other than my desire to stop drinking. I have taken Ambien nightly since the year it was put on the market, and I am both psychologically and physically dependent on it. It never entered my mind that being in treatment for one addiction meant having to give up all addictions. Duh, I know. As if it were yesterday I can remember feeling so strung out after 3 sleepless nights, literally PLEADING with the doctor to help me get some sleep. GIVE ME BACK MY AMBIEN! He said he would give me a barbiturate, but benzo's of all kinds were a no go. I gratefully accepted the offer of Nembutal vaguely remembering that it was one of the so called "dolls" as in "Valley of.." Two hours later I was as hyper as a ferret on crack. The damn stuff had a reverse effect and made my insomnia mutate into a mini-mania!

Never got the Ambien, and Lindsay doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting the Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 4104/16/2013

I call bullshit on R35. Adderall is NEVER used to treat depression, and the absolute MAXIMUM daily dose is 30mg 3x/day, or half of what he claims to take.

by Anonymousreply 4204/16/2013

[quote] I entered rehab without any mandate other than my desire to stop drinking.

That's the BIG difference between you and Lindsay. She is only going to rehab so she doesn't have to go to jail.

[quote] Never got the Ambien, and Lindsay doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting the Adderall

She actually might. All she needs is some star struck (but deluded) Dr to say she needs it. And she'll get it. This loser has been on one year's probation for FIVE YEARS. She can not stop breaking the law, drinking and drugging long enough to finish her original probation. The courts have bent over backwards 10 times for her. They give her chance after chance after chance after chance. And she keeps getting arrested and into all kinds of trouble. Anyone else who broke probation twice would be in jail. She has broke probation about 6 or more times. The average citizen who is choosing to go to rehab so they don't have to go to jail doesn't get to decide when they will go to rehab (lilo deciding she'll only go after Coachella Music Festival is such bullshit).

The best thing for Lindsay is if they put her in a state controlled rehab facility. The court ordered type that poor people (and people of color) who break the law have to go to. They type that lasts a year or two. The type that makes the people live in a half way house for a year. The type where a person is thrown out - and thrown DIRECTLY in to jail if they get into any type of trouble or test positive for drugs or alcohol. The type where no one can even take aspirin, much less has a prescription for Adderall

by Anonymousreply 4304/16/2013

Are there such things as state-controlled rehab facilities?

by Anonymousreply 4404/16/2013

[quote]The type where no one can even take aspirin, much less has a prescription for Adderall

Few years ago, I was in an intensive [but outpatient] psych group counselling program.

One of the rules was that during group, nobody was allowed to so much as take a sip from their water bottle, because it might be a trigger for group members who had alcohol issues.

One day, I forgot, and was raising my water bottle to my mouth after having popped an aspirin into it. The group leader freaked out, and kicked me out of the group for the rest of that day's session. >:[

If you are THAT FUCKING ADDICTED, that you can't even see someone drink WATER or take ASPIRIN, then you need to be fucking locked up away from normal society until you can deal with such issues.

by Anonymousreply 4504/16/2013

Why does she need ADHD medication in rehab? What can she claim she needs to focus on?

by Anonymousreply 4604/16/2013

[quote]Anyone else who broke probation twice would be in jail.

Not true. Even in red states, courts rarely incarcerate people who've merely been caught in possession (of small amounts). Ditto DUIs. California, in particular, simply can't *afford* to keep nonviolent offenders locked up for minor probation violations. (And sorry, but her violations are indeed minor; she has yet to commit any felony, or at least be prosecuted for one.)

[quote]The average citizen who is choosing to go to rehab so they don't have to go to jail doesn't get to decide when they will go to rehab.

Also not true. For the hoi polloi who can't afford the Betty Ford Center and the like, there's often a months-long waiting list simply to get *in* to to rehab, at least if it's a program paid for either by government or health insurance. Also, there's a difference between rehab and detox; the latter needs to be treated in a hospital-like setting, given the likelihood of seizures and the like, plus you can't really start to comprehend the point of rehab while you're still either high or feeling the after-effects of being high.

by Anonymousreply 4704/16/2013

[quote]Why does she need ADHD medication in rehab?

She doesn't, which is the whole point of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4804/16/2013

She's a celeb & CA's current policy is not locking up a lot of criminals so nothing will happen to her.

by Anonymousreply 4904/16/2013

[quote]If you are THAT FUCKING ADDICTED, that you can't even see someone drink WATER or take ASPIRIN, then you need to be fucking locked up away from normal society until you can deal with such issues.

R45, have you considered that your habit of taking pills is/was so ingrained that you couldn't make it through a group therapy session without: #1 taking a pill; and #2 breaking the rule about not drinking water during a session?

Look at your own behavior instead of attacking others. There may be legitimate reasons for the rules. I sat in AA/NA/CA meetings for years and watched people constantly screwing around with their cigarettes and coffee to distract themselves from what was going on around them.

by Anonymousreply 5004/16/2013

It's really excessive for a general psych counseling group to impose a limitation such as not drinking water during meeting time so as to not [italic]possibly[/italic] trigger those with alcohol issues. If someone is that shaky in their sobriety, they don't belong in a general psych counseling group. They belong in a group dedicated to dealing with alcohol-related issues.

I find it amusing that R50 admonishes R45 for attacking others while simultaneously waging an attack on R45 and implying that s/he has issues with pills. Then R50 goes on to attack people in past 12 Step meetings, telling us that s/he was able to read their minds and surmise intent, implying his superior intent and/or sobriety. Jesus Fucking Christ. Keep coming back, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 5104/16/2013

Wow. You turn around, attack R45 again and toss yet another salvo? Jesus. Then after going on about my alleged brain fog, you admit to misreading R45's post, the basis for your initial attack. Have you lost your sense of irony? Or something else?

Hmm. Jumping to attack people on the basis of erroneous knowledge, projecting your issues onto others, as well as bragging about the number of people you sponsor and the quality of your sobriety... Hmm.

Oh, yeah. And thanks for reaffirming those pernicious, pejorative stereotypes about people who seek mental health treatment.

by Anonymousreply 5304/16/2013

[quote]It's really excessive for a general psych counseling group to impose a limitation such as not drinking water during meeting time so as to not possibly trigger those with alcohol issues. If someone is that shaky in their sobriety, they don't belong in a general psych counseling group. They belong in a group dedicated to dealing with alcohol-related issues.

My point exactly, R51.

So, R50, because I took an aspirin for a headache, I'm addicted to pills and am a crazy person who refuses to follow rules?

Wtf, freak!

by Anonymousreply 5404/16/2013

R50 is why so many people have a bad impression of AA.

by Anonymousreply 5504/17/2013

R40. It's actually used off label for treatment resistant and/or bipolar depression. There were a few studies in the late 'aughts' that showed it helped with severe depression. You can google them.

As far as being addicted... My body doesn't react the same as people without my issues. I don't now nor have I ever felt a high. What did happen was a gradual (months) climb back to a state where I no longer feel like death was an option. I can actually get out of bed a do something. I feel almost human again -- almost.

I take half when I wake up and the other half around 1PM. I sometimes forget to take the afternoon dose, and when that happens I feel a little tired but nothing overwhelming and nothing bad enough to make me run for the pills. In the late morning I take seroquel and in the evening I take seroquel and depakote.

Adderall, like any drug, is not a one size fits all.

by Anonymousreply 5604/17/2013

The reason people question your post, R35, is probably the bizarre dosages you describe.

Since the 1970s, amphetamines have been discontinued for the long-term treatment of depression due to the problem of tolerance and tachyphylaxis (the need for higher and higher doses to achieve the same effect).

I have prescribed amphetamines (rarely) in cases of major depression, if the patient has suicidal ideation, but only under very controlled circumstances. Even then, it was for a short duration, only until a more suitable antidepressant had time to take effect. However, never for long-term use, almost never outside an inpatient setting, and absolutely not in the dosages you stated.

I mean, 15 mg - 30 mg of Dexedrine daily, and usually 10 mg - 15 mg total per day, for a few weeks.

If you're taking 180 mg of Adderall daily, you're seeing numerous doctors for multiple prescriptions, or your doctor is a complete quack and will surely be shut down soon.

I suggest rereading R40's post. If your physician loses his license, you are in big trouble. Amphetamine withdrawal is not fun. The lack of the drug is not fatal, per se, as can be with barbiturate or opiate withdrawal, but suicide isn't infrequent with the sudden cessation of high dosage amphetamine abuse.

Back to the topic of the thread, Lohan needs to be gradually withdrawn from Adderall, especially if she's using cocaine as well. God help her if she goes through benzodiazepine, amphetamine, cocaine, alcohol, and nicotine withdrawals simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 5704/17/2013

Obviously the judges have either pity for her or are just starstruck. Otherwise she would be in a jail cell with the key being thrown far far away. And a psych evaluation can be summarized as 'bitch is crazy!'

by Anonymousreply 5804/17/2013

R57 it's only one doctor that prescribes my adderall. He is not a quack, in fact he is one of the leading doctors here in NYC and has been practicing for 48 years.

Maybe you are not as up-to-date as you think you are.

God help her anyway -- one withdrawal or twelve its still withdrawal.

by Anonymousreply 5904/17/2013

Back to R50 and R52, the turbo AA sponsor and dogmatist.

[quote]One of the things I have tried to impress on them is that if they're going to distract themselves during meetings they may as well not be there.

Are you telling the world that people who want or need help shouldn't seek it on the AA doorstep UNLESS... (please name your requirements)? I wasn't aware of any others besides "the desire to stop drinking" stated in the preamble.

Perhaps your vast experience has made you super-astute or, alternatively, super-dismissive and cynical. Or, perhaps even, a professional sponsor.

Please wonder if you are sending people out the door with your lack of humility as you proudly state your "terms and conditions," possibly conflating them with AA's single requirement. I used "T&C" precisely BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS for membership in AA as you seem to promote in your posts at R50 & R52. Yeah, you have every right as a sponsor to state what you're willing to deal with, but you're not a spokesperson for AA as you seem to be trying to push yourself as here.

Remember, it's all about attraction not repulsion. I have a feeling you wouldn't dare share this thread with your own sponsor, if you have one.

Sadly, there are "cults of personality" within AA wherein the leader is above needing guidance of his or her own, such as "Clancy" with the Pacific Group (it's all on YouTube) and his offshoots.

Despite all of these clowns, there really are wonderful people within AA and they don't seek to impose their own wills or personalities on others. These are people with true humility who serve as examples and have helped save lives. But they're quiet. They aren't false prophets who might fall apart under minimal scrutiny or people who live false and hypocritical lives or take pleasure in seeing others fall.

And, please, don't try to impugn them as "not following the program" or try to diminish their sobriety.

Last question. How many Traditions have you violated?

by Anonymousreply 6004/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.