Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"12 Most Ridiculous Things Gwyneth Paltrow said"

Finally, Yahoo posts content that people want!

by Anonymousreply 4904/21/2013

Oh, this is good...

On America vs. Europe: "We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature-all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, 'Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you're wearing?' and I thought, I can't stay here. I have to get back to Europe."

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2013

Ugh...

"I am who I am. I can't pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year."

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2013

[quote]"I am who I am. I can't pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year."

I really don't have a problem with that. She didn't grow up poor and isn't now.

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2013

Haha, R1. I'm SURE her best friends Beyonce and Cameron Diaz are well versed in politics! Are they even fully literate?

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2013

Its just funny that she went for 25k. She doesn't even know how to act like someone who makes 500k but isn't famous.

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2013

"My mother and I have a great relationship!"

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

R3, you "really don't have a problem with that" because you're too - uh - limited to perceive the multiple layers of arrogance, entitlement, self-aggrandizement and clueless, bourgeois philistinism (Paltrow's chief vice) that this insufferable cunt packed into that little statement.

She is one of the great befanged, noisemaking, insulting idiots of our time. I hope I live long enough to enjoy her self-written-and-produced obituary, full of pride and testimonials to herself.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

My cousins make less than 25k a year. They live on a five-acre spread in a nice house and when I visited them last year I enjoyed listening to their extensive jazz collection, discussing the very topics Ms. Paltrow enjoys in Europe, while eating fresh figs from their greenhouse after a dinner made of fresh local fare, including the harvest of their garden.

They live in the fucking Ozarks, Ms. Paltrow, you offensive lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

I agree 100% R3, but on the other hand, it's such terrible manners to say it.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2013

I've never seen cheese in a tin or was she referring to spray cheese which we say comes in a can?

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2013

"Cheese in a tin" is probably some cheeky British euphemism.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2013

You will read this interview and want to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013

[quote]"I don't hold on to fear as much as I used to, because I've learned a lot about genuinely not caring what strangers think about me," she says. "It's very liberating. It's very empowering...

It's made me completely if obliviously OBNOXIOUS.

She can be quite entertaining. I thought she was funny on Glee. If she'd only just shut the fuck up when she's not working.

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2013

Good post r8

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2013

@r12, it was fun watching her die in the movie Contagion. The audience applauded.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2013

Don't forget her head in the box in Se7en, R15!

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2013

Am I confusing her with another actress, or did one of her ex-boyfriends come right out and say in an interview that she refused to blow him?

I know it's been discussed on DL, but was it her, and who was the boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2013

After recounting a story in which Sean Penn told her that telling God what you want to do in life is a good way to make him laugh.

"He's such a nihilist!"

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2013

I tried to flush it down the pan but she wouldn't fit.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2013

I don't want to kill her and I don't wish her dead, but what I wouldn't pay to see somebody give her such a smack across her bitch face!

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2013

"I bring my husband great pleasure!"

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2013

R10 Yeah I think she means Cheez Whiz. But you she is so klazzy and bristishes and all that she doesn't know what we yahnks call it.

by Anonymousreply 2204/13/2013

I want someone like Rosie Greenbaum to beat the snot out of her.

by Anonymousreply 2304/13/2013

Her head in the box led me to send copies of "Seven" to all my friends and to send a check for $500 to Andrew Kevin Walker, who wrote the screenplay.

I kept wishing for her to do the life of Marie Antoinette or a nice St. Joan so I could have a similar pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 2404/13/2013

This attitude is common in wealthy people who do not posses college degrees.

by Anonymousreply 2504/13/2013

Why does DL hate Gwynnie so much? I think she's great with the lifestyle tips.

by Anonymousreply 2604/13/2013

She's Paris Hilton with an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2704/13/2013

Some of the comments following that article are good. This is one of them:

[quote]She sounds and seems to be very self centered. I would not care to ever meet her. Also her acting skills are mediocre. She is a bland actress/ celebrity who contradicts herself in almost every interview.

The last sentence is is what's most apropos about Paltrow for me. She constantly contradicts herself with every single ridiculous pronouncement (and that's what they are) she makes. She seems to latch on to every fad or new idea that comes along, acts as if she is an expert about it, then moves on to the next fad or idea, even if contradicts the one she just discarded. I don't believe that she has an original idea or thought in her head. Poseur, poseur, poseur.

by Anonymousreply 2804/14/2013

Ugh, she's awful.

Can you imagine sitting at a dinner table talking about politics, art and literature with Gwyn, Madonna, Stella McCartney, Chris Martin, beyonce, jay z and Cameron Diaz? The horror. All those idiots sitting around talking as though they have some idea, but with barely a decent education between them. You would spend the entire evening feeling embarrassed for them. In fact, if there's a hell it probably involves this exact scenario.

by Anonymousreply 2904/14/2013

She is hilarious. I can only laugh.

Sure she's offensive, but not as offensive as the unwashed masses on DL.

I don't love her, but come on, this is good shit.

I like threatening to smoke crack too in comparison to less desirable things.

She is being honest when she says she can't pretend (implied understand) to live on 25K.

I know I am in the minority, but I read all her quotes and laughed harder than I have at anything ever posted on WW. The editorial commentary was more funny and scathing too. DL just brings out the hate.

Lighten up. She's not hurting you. Just don't have her for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 3004/14/2013

[quote] But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, 'Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you're wearing?'

Is it the Juicy jeans reference that GP hates? She couldn't object to people talking about clothes since she has a web site that tells people what to wear.

by Anonymousreply 3104/14/2013

"I don't love her, but come on, this is good shit."

Really? I find it to be incredibly boring and one dimensional. It would be interesting if there was any depth to what she says, but it's all pompous grandstanding.

I've never heard or read her opinions on anything pertaining to politics, literature or the arts aside from film.

by Anonymousreply 3204/14/2013

I can't belive Blythe Danner is doing that retarded pharmaceutical commercial. That's so lowbrow and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 3304/14/2013

"Well, it's actually not true. They're not on an elimination diet at all. What it is, is that my son has very bad eczema and he's allergic to gluten and he's allergic to cow dairy. I try at home to make everything gluten-free for him because the difference in his comfort is unbelievable when he's sticking to what he's meant to be eating. I don't know where they get some of this stuff! They say I don't give my kids carbs, and I'm feeding them seaweed…I have no idea. But they eat Oreos, too, and they're normal kids."

Oreo are not gluten-free. More contradictions from the vacant airhead.

by Anonymousreply 3404/14/2013

Has anyone seen that Jon Stewart interview where she's supposedly a bitch and he shuts her down?

Can't get on that damn Daily Show website, the videos are blocked in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 3504/14/2013

[quote]She is being honest when she says she can't pretend (implied understand) to live on 25K.

Yeah, a lot of people can't pretend or understand what it's like to live on $25K a year. Doesn't mean they go off spouting shit like that.

Instead of telling people to spend $500,000 on their new spring wardrobe why doesn't she devote her life to charity or doing something meaningful. She's got enough time and money on her hands. No, all she wants to do is remind people how good she has it and look down her nose at everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 3604/14/2013

I don't hate her, but I sure as hell love the reaction to her.

by Anonymousreply 3704/14/2013

I don't want more choices. I just want nicer things!

by Anonymousreply 3804/14/2013

"I'd rather smoke crack than eat cheese from a tin" is actually kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 3904/14/2013

[quote]Has anyone seen that Jon Stewart interview where she's supposedly a bitch and he shuts her down?

There's a great Letterman interview where she came out looking like a raccoon with way, way, too much eye shadow (remember that phase she went through?). Letterman said something, and I thought she was going to cry.

by Anonymousreply 4004/14/2013

"She is hilarious. I can only laugh. "

Darling, why do you think she has such a big anti-fandom? Haterdom?

She's hilariously awful, and people say the most hilarious things about her. Being a Gwynneth Hater is no end of fun, and she gives us so much troll bait it seems like she's playing along.

by Anonymousreply 4104/14/2013

She barely graduated from high school and the same is true for her friends. If her interviews are any indication of her conversational tone, she never rises above the self-absorbed and banal.

I'm just waiting for her to die of seaweed poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 4204/14/2013

Her latest book is on the NYT bestseller list again. Who is buying her book? Who? Tell me.

by Anonymousreply 4304/15/2013

I love when Kathy Griffin recounted running into her on the red carpet 10 years ago when Kathy had to interview celebs.

by Anonymousreply 4404/15/2013

R13 maybe she's like that CHILD CALLED 'IT' author Dave Pelzer who's been known to buy bundles of his own books so that they stay on the bestseller list.

by Anonymousreply 4504/15/2013

Sorry, that was for R43.

by Anonymousreply 4604/15/2013

Gwyneth is a game girl on Graham Norton, measuring knee height and testicle balance.

I still contend that she is hilarious. Wry. Terrible clench jaw accent and a yoga foot in her mouth, but not hateable. Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 4704/21/2013

She has a new interview in yesterday's Guardian. The comments section seems to mirror DL comments - she must be rubbing some (most?) people the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 4804/21/2013

Quite often things she says are taken out of context. I don't think she is dumb or arrogant. People just love to hate her. Lot's of celebs I find way more obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 4904/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.