Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins calls on social conservatives to stop giving to GOP

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins is calling on social conservatives to stop donating to national Republicans until the GOP stops going wobbly on gay marriage.

“Until the RNC and the other national Republican organizations grow a backbone and start defending core principles, don’t send them a dime of your hard-earned money,” Perkins wrote on Thursday in an e-mail obtained by CNN. “If you want to invest in the political process, and I encourage you to do so, give directly to candidates who reflect your values and organizations you trust-like FRC Action.”

The RNC’s post-election autopsy released last month suggested the party moderate its tone on gay marriage to better appeal to younger voters. Still, the party is expected to vote on Friday to reaffirm its position against gay marriage. A majority of the country now backs gay marriage in public opinion polling.

Perkins said the GOP’s approach was counterproductive. “Instead of trying to appease millennials, Republicans should try educating them on why marriage matters,” Perkins wrote. “There’s an entire group of ‘Countercultural Warriors’ full of compelling young leaders who are all going to the mat to protect marriage.”

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013

Tony Perkins = paid shill for creating the illusion that the GOP is going "wobbly" on same sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2013

It so great watching these folks circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2013

This is the biggest civil war we have seen in the Republican Party in some time.

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2013

Let them go form the "I hate everyone" party.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2013

In the stampede of conservative dinosaurs heading toward extinction, Tony Perkins is leading the way.

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2013

A sigh of relief from trailer park landlords nationwide.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

Great news. Let's hope they succeed!

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

The only good thing about Republicans: they know how to control their politicians.

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

They should form their own party. What has the GOP done for the bible humpers? Abortion and birth control is still legal. Schools are still teaching evolution. Gay people are no living in concentration camps. Clearly they would do better on their own. Of course when they do this and still dont get their way they will have only themselves to blame.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2013

Tony Perkins seems like such a closet case to me.

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2013

I sure hope Republicans listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2013

Am I the only one who's so distracted by his too short sideburns that I never hear what he's saying?

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!