Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Vatican is forced to admit Pope Emeritus Benedict's health has worsened following reports 'he will not be with us much longer'

12 April 2013

The health of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI has deteriorated, the Vatican has revealed.

Senior church officials were forced to make their fears public after a respected Vatican expert declared 'we won't have him with us for very much longer'.

The 85-year-old, who stepped down in February, has looked increasingly frail in his few public appearances.

He is reported to have appeared unsteady on his feet when his successor, Pope Francis, visited him at the papal summer retreat of Castel Gandolfo near Rome recently.

But some Vatican insiders have said recent suggestions that he does not have long to live by respected Holy See observer Paloma Gomez Borerro are alarmist, according to The Telegraph - although it is generally agreed Benedict has appeared weaker in recent months.

Spanish journalist Ms Borerro stands by her claims, saying: 'Benedict is in a very bad way.

'In the last 15 days he has undergone a tremendous physical deterioration.'

The Pope Emeritus had given his deteriorating mental and physical strength as reasons behind his decision to step down.

It was revealed in March that Pope Benedict had had a pacemaker fitted about ten years ago, and that a replacement had been fitted soon before he announced his retirement - while his eyesight is also thought to be deteriorating.

Pope Benedict's health was also called into question by some commentators in 2010 during his gruelling state visit to Britain when he attended huge events across the country.

'At his final public appearances, it was evident that he was having difficulty walking. He started using a cane about a year ago. The overall decline has been steady, there's no doubt about it,' one insider told The Telegraph.

Benedict is due to move to a former convent within the Vatican within the next month.

The retired pontiff has reportedly taken with him a number theology books as well as music to listen to.

He was also hoping to play the piano - one of his favourite pastimes - in the evenings.

by Anonymousreply 1904/13/2013

So they are going to kill him so no dirt comes out hu?

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2013

Wow, it takes a lot of guts to admit an 85-year-old is in poor health.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2013

He's on the highway to hell!

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2013

Bernadette? You in danger, gyrl!

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2013

No, not the Emerita!

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2013

Oh yeah, he 'dies' and lives as a zombie in some lavish countryside mansion where he gets entertained by house boys.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

He must really miss those red shoes...

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

Who wouldn't step down as pope with I'll health???

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

[quote]Who wouldn't step down as pope with I'll health???

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2013

Poison!

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2013

Why didn't they just wait a few more months instead of making him resign? Was it for the publicity?

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2013

Looks like he will soon be joining the Lord in Heaven. Although, I'm sure not before celebrating his 86th birthday next Tuesday. Happy Birthday, Pope Benedict and thank you for your 8 years guiding us on this Earth!

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013

Why couldn't he have just died while still at the Vatican like so many Popes that have come before him? What's not fair is that he'll probably still receive a full-on Papal funereal service even though he forfeited his Papal position and rights.

by Anonymousreply 1304/12/2013

In other news, Buckingham Palace today was forced to admit the Queen is white.

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2013

[quote]The 85-year-old, who stepped down in February, has looked increasingly frail in his few public appearances.

I thought he was going into seclusion? Or did I think he was cutting a new album? I never know.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2013

Maybe Francis slipped something in his drink when they had lunch.

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2013

Hopefully, the Lord will allow him a few more years to enjoy his retirement.

by Anonymousreply 1704/13/2013

Soon we will be singing....

"Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" ...again. Heck it could be the biggest song this year.

by Anonymousreply 1804/13/2013

r18--oh hellz yeah. The E.Y. Harburg estate will be rolling in it.

by Anonymousreply 1904/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.