Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tried the new chicken wrap at McDonalds

Pretty good and if you get the grilled chicken not too fattening either.

by Anonymousreply 8207/30/2013

Was it the same size as the one in the commercial? I can't believe McDonalds would have an item that might actually appeal to an adult appetite.

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2013

It was decent sized but the toppings aren't falling out of the top because they are so plentiful like shown in the ads. It's a lot bigger than the snack wrap.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2013

I like the chicken Ranch.

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2013

I got the chicken ranch and added bacon for 99 cents. Today it was $2 off the wraps. Took my niece to McDonalds playland and was happy I found something decent to eat.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2013

Surprise it took 5 replies before somebody had to get nasty. I took my niece to the playland, eating out once in awhile is not going to cause morbid obesity.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

McDonald's is the limb of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

r7 - then what is Burger King?

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

The McDonald's spicey mustard is like crack. I could just eat it alone.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2013

[quote]I got the chicken ranch and added bacon for 99 cents.

Then you are an idiot. Why didn't you just get the Chicken and Bacon one? There are 3 flavors: Chicken Ranch, Chicken and Bacon (with Ranch), and Sweet Chili. All for $3.99. You wasted 99 cents for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013

r12, the bacon one has a different sauce. I wanted ranch on mine with bacon so I asked the cashier and the manager stood over her shoulder and had her ring it up that way. Since they were on sale for $2 cheaper yesterday I wasn't going to complain about the extra 99 cents.

r9 & r10 - Once again, I didn't pick McDonalds my 8 year old niece did. She loves the Playland, she would rather go there than a regular place with no playland. She only goes probably 3 times a year before somebody lectures me on childhood obesity and nutrition. Sometimes my sister works late and then I will pick up my niece from school and this is a rare treat for her.

by Anonymousreply 1404/12/2013

The original snack wrap has become my go-to snack when I'm on the go and need something quick. It's only $2, 380 calories, and tastes pretty good. At this point, it's the only thing I'll eat from McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2013

I don't like Ranch or any other creamy/thick sauce? Can you get it WITHOUT those types of sauces? can you get it dry? What else is on it besides chicken?

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2013

r18, I'm in good shape. Jealous? ;)

r16, whatever. Actually my niece really doesn't care about the food, she likes the playland.

r17, They said it was a garlic sauce on the chicken with bacon so I was leery and opted for ranch. It had lettuce and cucumbers. I would think you could get it dry, if you got the grilled chicken with no sauce it would be pretty low calorie/fat.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2013

Forgot to say I am more worried about the germs in the playland than the food.

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2013

Good to know the chicken bacon has garlic sauce. I'd rather have ranch on it myself. Thanks for the education, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2013

I was pretty "meh" about the whole thing. I've tried the grilled chicken in both the "sweet chili" and the "ranch" varieties, and... while they're not bad, there's nothing there to make me crave one.

by Anonymousreply 2204/12/2013

R9, R10, et al are just tedious one-note shrieking harpies. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2013

R16? Really? Just fuck you. Go to hell, you judgmental priss. Seriously. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 2404/12/2013

[quote]then what is Burger King?

Burger King is Satan's ass.

by Anonymousreply 2504/12/2013

Beurk...MacDonalds...That's disgusting

by Anonymousreply 2604/12/2013

What's the calorie count?

by Anonymousreply 2704/12/2013

R27, depending on your selection, you're looking at:
 360 to 600 calories
, 9 to 30g fat (2.5 to 8g saturated fat)
, 23 to 30g protein, 
2 to 3g fiber, 
1,030 to 1,420mg sodium.

The Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken is the best choice with only 360 calories, meaning it could fit into anyone's daily lunch calorie allotment. Yes, the sodium is sky high (1,200 mg), but if you are very careful the rest of the day and limit high-sodium foods, this could be an exception.

Choosing either of the other grilled options would be the next best, keeping calories in the 400s range.

You can special order too... The Ranch Grilled Chicken ordered sans cheese saves you 60 calories and clocks in at 370 total calories.

by Anonymousreply 2804/12/2013

They offer these in combo meals with fries... dear lord, why? Imagine the sodium intake if you got FRIES with that. Never mind canceling the health benefits.

Getting it with a side-salad seems redundant.

I get it with a water, and a small fruit/yogurt parfait. That sorta makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 2904/12/2013

I don't know why, but it's the cucumber that kills it for me. I *like* cucumber, but it just seems out of place here.

by Anonymousreply 3204/15/2013

R32, the cucumber is not out of place, IMO. It adds crunch plus it's like eating a salad but in a wrap. I spend a lot of time travelling by car so this is a good alternative for fast food. I luv the salads at Wendy's but its almost impossible to drive and eat one. Now before the Obesity Police hit the siren, I don't intend to eat one every day. Personally, I eat 1/2; it's quite big.

by Anonymousreply 3404/15/2013

EDITOR: Hall monitor wannabe @ r35. Ban immediately.

by Anonymousreply 3704/17/2013

[quote] Why would anyone go to McDonald's when chicken wraps are so easy and cheap to make at home?

Why the hell would you ask such a dumb question? Maybe they weren't anywhere near their house. Maybe they worked late and wanted to grab something to eat right away. Maybe they just felt like trying something new

by Anonymousreply 3904/17/2013

Some of you on here just think you're "all that" too good for McDonald's. Well, guess what, you're all going to die one day, just everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 4004/17/2013

R38 is [italic]seriously[/italic] unhinged, seriously mental, and one of the worst trolls and assholes we've had here in years.

by Anonymousreply 4104/17/2013

I like it if you pick out the chicken(I feed it to the birds and eat the rest)

by Anonymousreply 4204/17/2013

R40, I don't think that I'm "too good" for McDonald's. But I do think that their food is too shitty for me.

by Anonymousreply 4304/17/2013

Wish they would offer a whole wheat wrap. All the carbs are in the wrap.

by Anonymousreply 4404/17/2013

which is lower in carbs corn or flower

by Anonymousreply 4504/17/2013

oops flour

by Anonymousreply 4604/17/2013

r47, I supposed you have never been out and grabbed a meal at a restaurant, you always prepare your food at home? You sound like a real joy to be around.

Any restaurant you go to is going to have unhealthy food, I just had a business dinner where the steak was $55 alone and that had to have tons of fat & calories. I would have been better off eating a stupid McDonalds wrap.

by Anonymousreply 4804/18/2013

R47 = mindless idiot

by Anonymousreply 4904/18/2013

[quote]Why would you ever eat lousy, salty, sugary and fatty foods at a multinational corporation, when could eat better food at a local place?

Most likely because the wrap at McDonald's tastes better, the quality is more consistent, the location is more convenient, you get your food quicker, and it's cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 5104/23/2013

Didn't McDonald's already have wraps a while ago?

by Anonymousreply 5204/23/2013

R52, they have their "snack wraps" still... this is a "premium wrap". It's twice the size (and twice the price) and contains more vegetables and stuff.

Basically this new wrap is a meal by itself (you don't need any sides, it's big enough). Just get it with a water and you've got a decent enough meal as long as you stick with the grilled chicken, and don't have sensitivity to sodium (it's pretty high in sodium for some reason).

by Anonymousreply 5304/23/2013

R14: why didn't you pack your fat niece an apple and take her to a playground or drive her miles away from home, and make her jog home?

by Anonymousreply 5504/24/2013

I guarantee you, all the commenters who wrote, "why ever would anyone eat that when you can..." are fast food's most loyal customers.

They are also obese.

by Anonymousreply 5604/24/2013

Sometimes McD's is the easiest way to grab something to eat. But the sodium levels in each of the products, wow. I swore off McD's about a year ago. Now if they could figure out how to make a decent product without high sodium ...

by Anonymousreply 5704/24/2013

I was at McD's this morning for a quick breakfast. As usual, I ordered the oatmeal (which is kind of a ripoff, since it's just a packet of instant oatmeal they add hot water to) and I noticed they now have an Egg White McMuffin, that actually is LOWER in calories (250) than the oatmeal (270). Has anyone tried it?

by Anonymousreply 5904/24/2013

Yes, R59. It's all right.

by Anonymousreply 6004/24/2013

Yes, you keep gobbling down that toxic sodium-filled crap, fraus and fairies.

Not that any of you would ever give a shit about underpaid workers:

--

At 11:30 am on Thursday, the start of the lunch hour rush, 100-some raucous protesters swarmed a Burger King near New York City’s Penn Station, chanting and holding up signs decrying low wages at the restaurant and other New York fast food purveyors.

Standing behind a metal barricade outside the store, the crowd included clergy, union organizers and workers from Burger King and other fast food restaurants who had gone on strike earlier in the day.

Customers were avoiding the chaos. Inside, the usually bustling restaurant was empty save for its cashiers, a security guard and two customers.

“If there’s no workers inside, there’s no money for [Burger King],” said Saavedra Jantuah, a cashier who was scheduled to be working behind the counter. “I make $7.25 an hour and that’s barely enough to live on.”

At McDonald’s, Domino’s, Wendy’s and other fast food restaurants across the city, more workers went on strike Thursday, protesting what they say are wages that keep them in poverty. Strikers hope the walkouts will represent a turning point in the low-wage fast-food industry, where workers typically drift from job to job and the franchise-operated structure creates a hurdle for union organizing. The strikes come on the heels of nationwide strikes at Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, which is widely criticized for its low-paying jobs.

Organizers cite the changing demographics of fast-food industry as one reason strikes are necessary: "It’s not just your teenagers with after school jobs. It’s mothers, fathers and families,” said Jonathan Westin, organizing director at New York Communities for Change, who helped coordinate Thursday's protests. “Especially now after the recession, a lot of people who lost work are now taking these jobs. Our economy is becoming a service sector economy but most of these jobs are minimum wage. This is a huge problem.”

The workers in New York City are demanding the ability to form unions and to be paid at least $15 an hour. Currently, the median wage for food service or food preparation worker is $8.90 an hour in New York City, according to the New York State Department of Labor, the lowest of any occupation.

by Anonymousreply 6104/25/2013

I got my daily quota of saturated fat just reading five posts.

People who create posts about McDonald's food are very dull people who are probably fat.

by Anonymousreply 6304/25/2013

Mmmmmm I was traveling for work and had one just a few days ago. I must say it was quite tasty. As I put it, it's McDonald's food for people who would never eat at McDonald's. Not a bad option if you're on the go and it's only $4.

by Anonymousreply 6404/25/2013

How much saturated fat in the wraps?

by Anonymousreply 6504/25/2013

Depends on which flavor, and whether you get grilled or crispy. R65. The Grilled sweet chili wrap has 2.5g of saturated fat. And only 360 calories.

The crispy bacon chicken wrap has 8g, and 600 calories.

by Anonymousreply 6604/25/2013

the grilled has a relatively low amount of saturated fat. not bad at all....

by Anonymousreply 6704/25/2013

Why would anyone want to get grilled when crispy strips are available? It's like asking if you want grilled chicken McNuggets or the regular kind.

by Anonymousreply 6804/26/2013

For the love of god, would someone explain to this relative newbie, paying member what the system is which keeps certain threads near the top of the list, while others wilt and drop off the vine?

This McDonalds chicken wrap thread as well as the KFC original recipe fried tenders thread greet me every damn day. I could understand completely if the threads were receiving copious responses, but this sucker only has 68.

Is the webby some sort of fast food chicken freak???

by Anonymousreply 6904/26/2013

R69 = stupid

by Anonymousreply 7004/26/2013

The grilled chicken is good.

by Anonymousreply 7204/29/2013

an entire country BANS this toxic shit, yet you obese fraus and phags gobble it up!!

--

McDonald’s happy image and its golden arches aren’t the gateway to bliss in Bolivia. This South American country isn’t falling for the barrage of advertising and fast food cooking methods that so easily engulf countries like the United States.

Bolivians simply don’t trust food prepared in such little time. The quick and easy, mass production method of fast food actually turns Bolivians off altogether. Sixty percent of Bolivians are an indigenous population who generally don’t find it worth their health or money to step foot in a McDonald’s. Despite its economically friendly fast food prices, McDonald’s couldn’t coax enough of the indigenous population of Bolivia to eat their BigMacs, McNuggets or McRibs.

One indigenous woman, Esther Choque, waiting for a bus to arrive outside a McDonald’s restaurant, said, “The closest I ever came was one day when a rain shower fell and I climbed the steps to keep dry by the door. Then they came out and shooed me away. They said I was dirtying the place. Why would I care if McDonald’s leaves [Bolivia]?”

Fast food chain remained for a decade, despite losses every year

The eight remaining McDonald’s fast food shops that stuck it out in the Bolivian city’s of La Paz, Cochabamba, and Santa Cruz de la Sierra, had reportedly operated on losses every year for a decade. The McDonald’s franchise had been persistent over that time, flexing its franchise’s deep pockets to continue business in Bolivia.

Any small business operating in the red for that long would have folded and left the area in less than half that time. Even as persistent as McDonald’s was in gaining influence there, it couldn’t continue operating in the red. After 14 years of presence in the country, their extensive network couldn’t hold up the Bolivian chain. Store after store shut down as Bolivia rejected the McDonald’s fast food agenda. Soon enough, they kissed the last McDonald’s goodbye.

Deep cultural rejection

The McDonald’s impact and its departure from Bolivia was so lasting and important, that marketing managers immediately filmed a documentary called, “Why McDonalds’s went broke in Bolivia.”

Featuring, cooks, nutritionist, historians, and educators, this documentary breaks down the disgusting reality of how McDonald’s food is prepared and why Bolivians reject the whole fast food philosophy of eating.

The rejection isn’t necessarily based on the taste or the type of food McDonald’s prepared. The rejection of the fast food system stemmed from Bolivian’s mindset of how meals are to be properly prepared. Bolivians more so respect their bodies, valuing the quality of what goes into their stomach. The time it takes for fast food to be prepared throws up a warning flag in their minds. Where other cultures see no risk, eating McDonald’s every week; Bolivians feel that it just isn’t worth the health risk. Bolivians seek well prepared, local meals, and want to know that their food was prepared the right way.

This self respect helps Bolivians avoid processed “restructured meat technology,” often used by fast food joints like McDonald’s.

The McRib: 70 ingredients all restructured into one

Did you know that the McRib is processed with 70 different ingredients which include azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in producing foamed plastics? McRib’s are basically “restructured meat technology” containing a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach. Proteins are extracted from this muscle mixture and they bind the pork trimmings together so they can be molded in a factory. The McRib is really just a molded blob of restructured meat, advertised and sold like fresh ribs. There’s nothing real about it, the preparation or the substance. In fact, McRibs really came about because of a chicken shortage. The restructured meat technology approach kept the McRib on the menu, despite the shortage, and the profits continued rolling in.

This is the very disgusting idea that the Bolivians have rejected in their country.

The Bolivian r

by Anonymousreply 7306/20/2013

There are highway billboards advertising the new McD quarter pounders.

by Anonymousreply 7406/22/2013

good stuff

by Anonymousreply 7507/07/2013

We love fast food!

by Anonymousreply 7707/22/2013

McD's needs really healthy salads with true greens such as arugula and spinach, not fake salads.

by Anonymousreply 7807/25/2013

[quote]if you get the grilled chicken not too fattening

"not [bold]too[/bold] fattening" should be avoided and replaced with something that is simply "not fattening."

by Anonymousreply 7907/25/2013

Do you mean "chicken" r72?

by Anonymousreply 8007/25/2013

McDonald's is the foulest, most disgusting shit ON. THE. PLANET.

As with other threads, I am constantly amazed how often people will call this cheap, carcinogenic shit "a treat" or exclaim how cheap it is. You'll pay later when it fucks up your body!

by Anonymousreply 8107/25/2013

I love me some McD's.

by Anonymousreply 8207/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.