Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DLers' misconception about the smell of vagina

Many Dataloungers think that vagina smells like fish. It isn't true! I've smelt both a vagina and a penis and had the penis in my mouth and I am here to tell you that vaginas DO NOT smell like fish. They smell the same as a penis except more salty.

And if a woman's vagina smells like fish, it usually means she has an infection or a std.

by Anonymousreply 4403/28/2014

We discussed this ad nauseam about a year ago, OP. We concluded that, while a penis and a vagina do NOT smell alike, neither smells foul or unusual when clean. Dick smells salty and musky, while pussy smells 'marine'.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

Were you with an ftm?

A woman's vagina does not smell the same as a penis. Ftm's vaginas smell very similar to penis because of the hormonal system, but women's vaginas do not.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2013

So let me get this straight... a vag does not smell like fish except for when it does?

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2013

Semen smells like fish if it's exposed to the air for too long.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2013

It sometime smells a bit lemony when the PH balance is off, but I have never smelled fish in my life coming from the snatch. If it smells like fish, there is a bacterial infection. Have you ever smelled stinky pus or the sebum coming out of a sebaceous cyst? That shit reeks, but one realized that it is atypical and something is wrong.

Men who like women and their pheromones love the smell of pussy because they are wired that way. I always want to wash and clean to a fare the well before contact, but most men do not want that. They are aroused by the musky aroma. It can also smell a bit bread-like, which is a sign of a little too much yeast. The smell isn't unpleasant, but the white cottage cheese looking discharge is gross to me.

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2013

Sorry, but I have no desire to get near a vagina to smell it.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

An FTM vagina does not smell similar to a penis, R2... Hormones are not enough to change the overall odor. That's been a big sticking point with my friend and his FTM BF. The FTM BF has been on T for 10 years, and while he does not smell female, he doesn't smell male either.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

OP, why are you so intent on setting the record straight? Why do you care what a bunch of old queens think about vag? It has no bearing on your life.

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

It amazes me how obsessed gay men are with women...

Jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2013

If it smells like chicken, keep on lickin'!

If it smells like trout, get the fuck out!

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2013

[quote] And if a woman's vagina smells like fish, it usually means she has an infection or a std.

Or she's using Star-Kist brand douche.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2013

If life was only this simple...

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013

Yes pussy and dick smell alike.

by Anonymousreply 1306/01/2013

Dick and pussy smell very similar. It's a neat way to control people by telling them something is intrinsically wrong and disgusting with their biological equipment. Men do it with women, white men and women do it with people who's skin is other than white, and straight people do it with homosexual anal sex.

You would think gay men would be above that kind of bullying but many are not.

by Anonymousreply 1406/01/2013

My vajayjay smells like springtime . . .

at the fish fertilizer plant.

by Anonymousreply 1506/01/2013

If you just don't introduce any douching solutions or soap (which are alien and unnatural) into it, sooner or later it will smell like a glade of flowers.

Or so my grandma told me.

by Anonymousreply 1606/01/2013

Vaginas do have an odor. It's not bad if you can catch one straight out of a bath. If she doesn't bathe regularly (Gwyneth), it is just Awful. After one day without bathing, it smells like rotting tuna.

by Anonymousreply 1706/01/2013

A vagina can smell fishy if the women have bad hygiene that's no myth. And the cottage cheese? It's quite disgusting when you see and feel it. Then again an uncut cock will be filled with smegma if the "uncutted" doesn't wash his intact member.And an unwashed cock can taste like rancid mushrooms.

by Anonymousreply 1806/01/2013

R10 made me LOL

by Anonymousreply 1906/01/2013

There is a discharge of slimy stuff even if it's healthy. Just before a menstrual cycle, there is another kind of odor that develops. The damn things are just plain nasty.

by Anonymousreply 2006/01/2013

Cunted person here.

I've never had cottage cheese discharge; must be a str8 woman thing.

Sweaty pubes are musky.

A finger inserted into my vagina and then sniffed smells of pineapple.

When bacteria die they smell of the sea, whence all life originated.

If I don't wash my hands after fingering a woman, the marine smell emerges and lingers into all my tomorrows.

by Anonymousreply 2106/01/2013

Anyone who thinks a rank dick smells like a rank cunt is crazy. Twats go bad in an hour. They're like mayo in the sun. It takes a cock three days to go off, and even then it's not like you've stuck your head in a chum barrel left on the dock for the summer.

by Anonymousreply 2206/01/2013

r22: off your medication again?

by Anonymousreply 2306/01/2013

OP is a stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 2406/01/2013

I'm sorry OP, my pussy smells like a day old Mackerel.

by Anonymousreply 2506/01/2013

Made me laff!

by Anonymousreply 2606/01/2013

[quote]They smell the same as a penis except more salty.

Salt is odorless, so I'm kind of confused about what it means for something to smell salty.

Does it mean s smelling sweaty? Or like ocean salt water?

by Anonymousreply 2706/01/2013

[quote]Anyone who thinks a rank dick smells like a rank cunt is crazy. Twats go bad in an hour. They're like mayo in the sun. It takes a cock three days to go off, and even then it's not like you've stuck your head in a chum barrel left on the dock for the summer.

W&W for R22 ! Funny stuff. :-)

by Anonymousreply 2806/01/2013

Where the hell do u guys get that a pussy smells like a dick. U have obviously never slipped up on one. Just for the record, they do have a smell. It's kind of like having a gaping, oozing sore. How do I know? Because I own one.

by Anonymousreply 2906/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 3006/02/2013

r29, if ur gaping sore-like cooze is oozing pus, as sores do, see a doc.

Maybe you just need to clean it out after a gang bang at the corner bar.

Plunge it out with your finger during your weekly shower.

by Anonymousreply 3106/02/2013

"Dick smells salty and musky, while pussy smells 'marine'."

Well then, by the look of her strong chin I think Glenn actively volunteers with the 'Marines'.

by Anonymousreply 3206/02/2013

Fags are jealous of our straight man-attracting musky treasures. Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 3306/02/2013

R18: "cutted" or circumcised men have bad breath if they don't brush their teeth.

by Anonymousreply 3406/03/2013

So Venus emerging from a seashell is just metaphor.

by Anonymousreply 3506/03/2013

I don't remember when (before this) was the last time I thought vagina and smell of it. Sometimes a woman wears too tight pants (must be hot for straight guys), I see something, but I have no interest and I look male butts and bulges.

by Anonymousreply 3606/03/2013

Not a troll question...

I know that women on their period sometimes have a fishy smell. Well, I have a hemorrhoid for the first time. It is shrinking / healing, and I am keeping the area very clean, but there is a fishy smell around my ass! WTF! Does coagulated blood that the body is expelling have a fishy smell? I've never had to deal with this before.

by Anonymousreply 3703/28/2014

Periods don't have a fishy smell. It smells like blood and blood smells like metal. If a vagina has a fishy smell, that's because of a bacterial infection. It's abnormal and not supposed to smell like that.

by Anonymousreply 3803/28/2014

The best way to describe a vagina is that it feels like the inside of your cheek.

Fish is just some misogynistic term. Dicks smell much worse than vaginas on average. Sweaty and musty ballsacks and cheese.

by Anonymousreply 3903/28/2014

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 4003/28/2014

Ok. It's a touchy subject. Point taken. But I am close to enough women that are open with me and me with them that I can tell them that I can smell that they are having their period. Whatever that smell means. It's related to the blood I think, and my hemorrhoid has the same smell. Sigh. Maybe the damn thing is infected. I hope not.

No insurance here. If it doesn't shrink away, can you cut it off or burn it off or something? I read some people put rubber bands around them to cut off the blood supply to them.

by Anonymousreply 4103/28/2014

OP, go find a straight guy. They can only smell barbecue sauce and beer.

by Anonymousreply 4203/28/2014

R41 you are a disgusting pig person and your galpals are piglets. Discussing their period smells with you!

Uggh, the THOUGHT of having a hemorrhoid that one can SMELL. No one is interested in your vile home remedies. VILE!

by Anonymousreply 4303/28/2014

[quote] If it smells like chicken, keep on lickin'! If it smells like trout, get the fuck out!

Funny, I'd always heard the opposite:

"If it smells like fish it's a good dish. If it smells like cologne you betta leave it alone!"

by Anonymousreply 4403/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!