Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How would you treat a wealthy unaccomplished person?

If said person was extremely wealthy (inheritance money) but very dumb and with no accomplishment to his name, how would you treat him?

Me: I would not respect him.

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013

I would treat them no different than how I would want to be treated myself.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

How are Laura and the twins, Mr. President?

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

Like he or she is lucky. To be born into money without having to rely on skills or working for it is good fortune.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

Stupid people are more to be pitied than scorned. They can't help having been born without much brain, just as short people can't help having been born without height. And there's nothing they can do about it because they lack the mental ability to learn -- it's like being crippled.

When I deal with stupid people, I try to be kind & patient, & not make them feel inferior by talking down to them or treating them like children. When they act badly, I remind myself that they're probably always angry & scared & frustrated because they must realize that they're not as capable as most other people.

Stupid people deserve our sympathy, whether they're rich or poor.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

I'd try to get them to give me some money. If they're dumb, it should be easier.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

I would think..."There but for the grace of God go I," damn it.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

It doesn't bother me until they try to prove otherwise. My brother-in-law married into money. Our father basically handed him the family business when my sister married him and he is always trying to prove what a hotshot he is, even though he got everything handed to him. I think he's trying to convince himself more than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

Trustafarians are grossly under-developed humans. They generally haven't had to try hard at anything in life, and they are truly losers. When any normal person experiences setback, they learn resilience and resourcefulness. And people who are unhappy are the ones who work more on themselves and are much more enjoyable to know.

Trust fund people usually have arrested development (they never had to grow up so they didn't). It's like dealing with a perpetual teenager. No thanks. I prefer adults.

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

[quote]If said person was extremely wealthy

Marry him!

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

It would depend on the type of person they are. I have an unaccomplished childhood friend that didn't finish the first semester of college, made a lot of stupid choices, then married into money. She became entitled, snobby, and bigoted. I have nothing more to do with her, she's an annoying bore.

If the person were unaccomplished but simple and nice, I would be kind to them then continue to seek out people who are intellectually stimulating, fun, and accomplished, as I do now.

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

And that is what a loser cynic like OP would actually do R10.

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2013

OP's idea of "accomplishment" is probably Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1304/11/2013

with money always trumps without money....op sounds poor and jealous.

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2013

Am longtime friends with someone who has money and is not super-accomplished, but is fun, easygoing, and sometimes generous. Take people as you find them and try to enjoy them...

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!