Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ann Coulter “jokes” about killing Meghan McCain, Fox News deletes the blog post

THURSDAY, APR 11, 2013

In a now-deleted Fox News blog post on gun control, Ann Coulter remarked that if “Republican senators need to have a member of their families killed for them to support the Democrats’ gun proposals” they should “start with Meghan McCain.”

The line was a reference to MSNBC host Martin Bashir’s question to Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings about a possible filibuster on a Senate gun proposal. Bashir asked the Democratic congressman (rhetorically, it should go without saying) if a personal experience with violence was really necessary for Republicans to support stricter gun laws:

“But Congressman,” Bashir said, “is that what needs to happen to move these senators to stop threatening a filibuster? Is that really what needs to happen? That you need to have a member of your family killed in order for you to do what the American people want you to do?”

“I hope not,” Rep. Cummings replied. “I don’t wish this pain on anybody.”

Coulter’s blog comment, while offensive and violent, was clearly intended to be some kind of “joke,” but McCain isn’t laughing.

In a series of tweets, McCain said that Coulter’s suggestion that someone shoot her “isn’t funny or appropriate” and expressed anger that Fox News had published the blog to begin with. In a now-deleted tweet posted by New York magazine’s Adam Martin, McCain asked: “The column with the joke about me being killed currently on fox news nations website, appropriate fox?”

Coulter’s blog post is still offline at the Fox News website.

Fox News and Coulter have not yet responded to requests for comment.

by Anonymousreply 2905/06/2013

Would love to know what Cindy thinks of this.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

Bwah, hah, hah. Fox News has censored Ann Coulter. Free Republic must be in a tizzy.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

Couldn't care less about this one.

Just get me some popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

Proving there's a fine line between wit and tasteless humor, Ann picked the lowest hanging fruit...when she could've invoked Cookie Kwan-McConnell

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

She's trying really really hard.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

Because she's become an irrelevant kook in a sea of crazy.

A big ol' pile of conservative shit and it's hard for her to be top turd.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

If only life were an episode of THE MENTALIST.

She'd be the corpse in Act 1.

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

R1, Cindy has been ripping Ann a new one on Twitter:

[quote]Ann Coulter needs to get a life!

[quote]Ann Coulter have one of your family members threatened. See how you feel!.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

Is it open season on Coulter now?

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

Had ann said something about doing this to the Obama family instead of Meghan McCain in this blog post faux news would have left it and vigorously defended it. They would have criticized every Democrat who spoke against it

I'm all for ann being able to say what ever she wants. She should also have to suffer the consequences for saying anything she wants. She was really stupid to say something like this. I hope she keeps it up and crosses the line even further. I'd love for her to be publicly reviled, despised and forced to stay out of the public eye for good

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

I agree r10, had she said this about Obama, Fox would have left it up no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

She's certifiable, but there is a certain amount of pleasure in watching Republican cannibalism.

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2013

Oh god yes. Watching them turn on each other is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 1304/11/2013

R10, that would be illegal so I doubt even Fox would leave it up. Maybe if Anne gets even more desperate for attention she'll allude to killing the President. BUT, they'd make a show of taking it down to show how "persecuted" Anne is.

R9, its between two famewhores. No one else gives two shits about either of them.

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2013

Cindy McCain

[quote]@AnnCoulter you are incredible despicable. You want my child @MeghanMcCain to die because she disagrees with you? #no respect #sick #crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1504/12/2013

Why does anyone employ that woman?

by Anonymousreply 1604/12/2013

If there were a God, a meteor would take her out along with Turd Nugent.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2013

I'm wondering what kind of personal security does Coulter employ.

by Anonymousreply 1804/12/2013

Ann must be ready to release her new book. She does shit like this all the time right before to stir up controversy and get people talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2013

They need to re-create the classic National Lampoon cover with the puppy and the pistol: Buy This Book Or Ann Coulter Will Kill This Politician's Child!

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2013

I still don't get the background for Coulter's post.

Is she actually saying she's in favor of gun control, even if some Republican family members of her choice have to get shot for it? What she said doesn't make any sense otherwise...

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2013

For once, I agree with Ann Coulter!!!

by Anonymousreply 2204/12/2013

R21, Ann Coulter is totally against gun control as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2013

If Coulter came out for gun control, her entire customer base would be lost.

by Anonymousreply 2404/12/2013

Too bad Coulter's threat was funnier than either of the McCains' responses.

by Anonymousreply 2504/12/2013

I can't stand Ann (without the E!) Coulter either, but I have to admit this was funny

by Anonymousreply 2604/15/2013

Why is this any worse than Piers Morgan joking with guests about shooting Alex Jones?

by Anonymousreply 2704/15/2013

Fuck! This was one of my best lines, and just 27 posts? What more stupid stuff can I say to make you bitches notice ME, ME ME???!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2805/06/2013

Who's her gf?

by Anonymousreply 2905/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!