Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why was Margaret Thatcher hated?

I'm not really familliar with British history or politics. Is there a reason why Thatcher was hated. I know she used to be the president of England. I saw in the newspaper earlier today, someone painted on the wall with graffitti paint "Iron Lady, rust in peace". This took place in Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013

Mine workers, poll tax (esp Scotland), privatisation, 'there's no such thing as society'. Look them up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

President of England?

Troll or idiot.

Which would you like to be, OP?

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

The Iron Lady rust in peace was the best pun along with "died of a strike". And Northern Ireland OP.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

You are quite representative of 95% of the people who are dancing in he streets, celebrating her death. I don't mean that unkindly. Life would be nothing like it is today had she not done what she did. Especially in the UK, many Brits got knocked about as a result of her equally tough domestic policies, and they are still mad (though much better off.)

The rest of it is viral. Rage of the ignorants.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

She was anti-gay for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

Try this...

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

Or, try this...

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

She is treated as a Saint by the current GOP. That's all you really need to know about this cunt. And yes, she was a disgusting homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

R4. A sane and accurate comment. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

[quote]She was anti-gay for one thing.

LOL. The fraus that run DL no longer care about that shit.

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

She left word she wanted Argentina banned from her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

called Nelson Mandela a terrorist

oblivous to the lives of most of her constituancy (formerly in the sciences, as PM she visited a chemistry class in a working-class high school... she explained the corrosive effect of sulphur on silver adding "and that is why your Mummy never uses the good silver to serve eggs.")

tax favors to the wealthy, tax

her son was convicted (and minimally sentenced) for financial misdeeds (she paid his fine) and governmental overthrow resulting paramiliatry activies in the U.S. (Texas)

a heck of a gal.

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2013

Can you explain a bit more r12 on the "paramilitary activities in the US"?

by Anonymousreply 1304/11/2013

Oxford Uni refused to give their former student Maggie an honorary degree. They did give ex student Bill Clinton one though.

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2013

[R13] Don't know about the Texas connection, but he was arrested in Zimbabwe. Apparently he and some fellow mercenaries were on their way to overthrow the government of Equatorial Guinea.

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!