Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do you think the worst insults are always about having sexual intercourse with your relatives?

Why is this particularly insulting?

I saw a flame war online, where one person kept retaliating to another person's attacks in the following fashion: And I porked your mother last night. It was magical.

And the swear word "motherfucker" i.e fucking one's mom, gets used a lot. What are your thoughts on all of this?

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013

Maybe it's because most people find the example in their particular case to be utterly revolting. For many of us, however, convenience is far from the best part.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

Dear OP-from-another-planet,

Among all Earth cultures, it is considered a particularly vile insult to slander the reputation of another's mother.

Please add this to the compendium of information you're beaming back to your home planet.

Sincerely, Everyone on Earth

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

Think about the term motherfucker in terms of the Black experience in this country 400 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 304/12/2013

I don't care when people call me that, because it's true. Mom's a babe.

by Anonymousreply 404/12/2013

I got nothing. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 504/12/2013

DId your dad's cum taste like your own, OP? Not to be insulting. Just trying to gather data for your diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

Now, I like that one. Will employ.

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

OP are you ok pet? Is the answer not obvious? Picture your mother having sex, picture her having sex with your best friend. Now picture her enjoying it. Grossed out yet? To disparage someone's mom, who usually has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, is disrespectful but it's also just plain icky. That's why it's an insult.

Do you need any other basic human interactions explained?

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

"Grossed out yet?"

...no

by Anonymousreply 904/12/2013

Why would anyone take that as an insult?

by Anonymousreply 1004/12/2013

I don't understand the point of your motherfucking question.

by Anonymousreply 1104/12/2013

I remember an anthropology class where the professor told us that every society has an incest taboo. The nature of the taboo will differ (some allow/encourage siblings to marry; most don't) but there is always some kind of prohibition of some kind of intrafamilial sex.

by Anonymousreply 1204/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.