Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gloria Steinem "Kim Kardashian is NOT Public Property"

In response to critics who have made negative comments about Kardashian's pregnancy weight, Steinem tells Us Weekly,

"If our bodies are treated as ornaments instead of instruments ... it's an effort to distract us. So don't be distracted. Why bother getting caught up in that?"

"Our bodies are never public property under any circumstance," Steinem tells Us. "It's wrong, and people in the street who feel the right to touch a pregnant woman's belly ought to be arrested for harassment. Our bodies belong to us, and if we don't invite touching, we shouldn't tolerate it."

by Anonymousreply 3206/09/2013

UGH! Get over it you ancient, humorless, bitchy women's libber!

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

Gloria, have you missed that she shamelessly whores herself out to the media? She thrives on attention, postive or negative.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

Oh please - Kardashian has made herself into an ongoing public spectacle that depends on non-stop comment. If she doesn't like it then it's her own fault.

You'd think Steinem would be smart enough to pick a better example.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

Our bodies belong to us! Our Bodies, Our Selves!

-Gloria Steinem

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

He's hoping Kim's demon spawn kills her during delivery and the spawn's first meal is Gloria.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

Who the hell is Gloria Steinem and why am I supposed to care what she says?

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

"Kim Kardashian is NOT Public Property"

Then why does she keep acting like she is?

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

Kim is such a phony, I really can't stand her. Wish I never had to hear her name again.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

Steinem degrades herself here. Next up: some kind of march with Amanda Bynes

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

Like I've always said, the gossip press are like vampires - they can't feed on you unless you invite them in.

Kim Kardashian has invited the world into her home, and even into her coochie, and asked them to admire her body all along the way. Now that her body has changed, she can't stop what she's started.

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

all you mother-hating men should take a gender class so you can learn a few things about women, history..and yourself. It's a real shame that you want to walk around coveting what women have physically and yet you hate what women represent. You're too weak to be a woman. Don't be mad. Do yourself and everyone a favor. Open a book and educate yourself. Shame on you haters.

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

Gloria Steinem? God, is that old cunt still alive?

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2013

R11, go back to your cave and crawl back in. "You want to walk around coveting what women have physically." Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 1304/11/2013

WTF is R11 going on about?

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2013

Gloria is wrong about this. kim kardashian is a attention seeking piece of trash. She made a sex tape and had her mother broker the deal to sell/release it to the public. The tape consists of getting pissed on and blowing her boyfriend for about 40 minutes and getting fucked every which way

She got married for money and attention. And she did it all publicly on a damn reality show. She does everything publicly

She MAKES/MADE herself public property. She did this to herself. And I seriously think she goes out in these ridiculous, hideous looking clothes (more like costumes) so she will get more press attention

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013

Oh please! She's the town bike...everyone's had a ride. I'd say KK is the very definition of public property.

by Anonymousreply 1604/11/2013

As a California taxpayer, I resent the fact that the state's tourism board is showing commercials featuring KK. I hope none of my tax dollars went into her pocket.

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2013

Oh dear god. Instead blaming Kim Kardashian herself for knowingly and willingly making herself public property Ms. Steinem turns her into a victim.

What Old Glo' should've said was, "Hey! Kardashian! Stop using a woman's oldest trick in the book - whoring oneself - to get attention and actually do something with your life!"

I'm a woman who does not like other women. I admit it. Women are perpetual victims, nothing more.

No matter how many laws are passed to make sure women are never,ever offended in the workplace, no matter how many entitlements women are given - we, overall as a group, are still nothing but whiny victims who use their looks and use sex to get what they want and then cry sexism when it blows up in our faces. And it still works!!!

Old Glo'? The year is 2013, American women have more choices than they have ever had before.

If a woman living in an advanced Western nation makes a concious decision to distribute a sex tape of herself and her boyfriend gettin' on and happily accept the millions of dollars from the reality show that is built around it then let her take the negativity and the flak that come with making decisions like that. (Especially when that woman is wealthy and priviledged and had every advantage and every resource at her disposal growing up and still conciously decided to become a media whore.)

Rather than worry about Kim Kardashian, and her even uglier, piggier sisters, take a trip to India where you might be of some use.

Kardashian herself has stated, "I'm running a business." Not public property, sheesh, someone may want to point that out to Miss Kim. Well probably not, it would probably come across as sexist.

by Anonymousreply 1804/11/2013

Approximately 400 men would beg to differ. Bitch been throwin' that cat at err'one for 16 years. She may not be YO property, but she damn sure is for sale.

by Anonymousreply 1904/12/2013

How does Steinem make money? And don't tell me from Ms. Magazine. Has she ever held a real job of any kind? It doesn't make sense to me. Did she marry a rich man?

by Anonymousreply 2004/12/2013

Famewhores are anyone's property who give them the attention, fame, and money they crave.

by Anonymousreply 2104/12/2013

gloria Steinem, We couldn't agree more!

by Anonymousreply 2204/12/2013

Why didn't Gloria ever achieve a child? Barren?

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2013

This is out of character for Gloria. She should get to a doctor. Seriously, we might be hearing soon that she is sick. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 2404/12/2013

I wonder if Kim has to use a putty knife to scrap the cum build up off the walls of her vagina?

by Anonymousreply 2504/12/2013

She's not? In my culture a woman like her will be called a bus because anyone can get on a bus, which I'm sure is a public property.

by Anonymousreply 2604/12/2013

Actually, it's pretty creepy how strangers walk up to pregnant women and touch their bellies. Wtf is that? Would you appreciate random strangers touching your stomach?

by Anonymousreply 2704/12/2013

[quote] Do yourself and everyone a favor. Open a book and educate yourself.

Why don't you educate YOURSELF about this trashy family. kim kardashian is purposefully dressing to make herself look super fat so that she can get a big $$$$$ contract with a weight loss company after she gives birth to her bastard child while still married to another man. Neither of those men is the man she proudly had piss all over her in their sex tape, which she went on to share with the public - for more $$$$$$. This skank has NO shame. She's done more to degrade women's rights. I don't know why anyone would defend her. This whole 'fat thing' is just another scam by the kardashian skank.

by Anonymousreply 2804/14/2013

I agree but Steinem is missing the point - that Kim and the Kuntrashians have marketed themselves to everyone as merchandise.

One can't be an attention whore and then cry, whine, fan oneself and do the dance of the seven veils crying "you've violated my privacy".

by Anonymousreply 2904/14/2013

There's nothing about that media whore that isn't public. The bitch puts it all out there.

by Anonymousreply 3004/14/2013

-more discussion

by Anonymousreply 3106/09/2013

[quote]One can't be an attention whore and then cry, whine, fan oneself and do the dance of the seven veils crying "you've violated my privacy"

You'd have to be able to count to seven to get there.

by Anonymousreply 3206/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!