Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Looking for opinions here re: bush library...

the dedication date for the "w" presidential library is exactly 10 years to the date of the disgusting "mission accomplished" tragicomedy played out on the aircraft carrier deck. What do you think - was this date actually chosen with that event in mind; was the date selected without realizing the significance of the date; or is there some other explanation? I'm at a total loss here. Thanks for your input.

by Kansas boyreply 904/11/2013

I want to know how the doofus' handlers were ale to get his rich cronies to donate $500 million compared to Clinton's $125 million. That seems excessive even for Republicans. I wonder what that money is really paying for.

by Kansas boyreply 104/11/2013

The only book in the library will be "My Pet Goat."

by Kansas boyreply 204/11/2013

I would love to see a bush library, it could catalouge all the great historic bushes starting with Harry Reems, he had a great bush.

by Kansas boyreply 304/11/2013

The Bushes who just could not possibly make it to Obama's inauguration will show up for this shit show.

by Kansas boyreply 404/11/2013

Here are the renderings of the Bush Library from the architect's website if you are curious. It appears that they were going for a striped classicism approach similar to buildings like the FED that were popular in the 1930s. The funds raised do seem high for the scope of the project though. There is some limestone used but the majority is brick. Also construction costs have been lower through the lingering recession so they probably were able to get favorable bids to build it. But lets not forget that 500 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions if not trillions that were thrown at all of W's defense contractor friends for the Iraq war. This payback is peanuts comparatively.

by Kansas boyreply 504/11/2013

There is a recreation of the Rose Garden and West Wing collonade. Without the vegetable garden, of course.

Why couldn't he just share his father's building?

by Kansas boyreply 604/11/2013

How many coloring books could he possibly have finished? Does he really need a library for them?

by Kansas boyreply 704/11/2013

Do taxpayers pay for any of this? If not, I guess I just don't care. But if so, it should never be built.

by Kansas boyreply 804/11/2013

[quote]Why couldn't he just share his father's building?

There wasn't a tree on the site big enough to build a treefort.

by Kansas boyreply 904/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.