Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Family kicked off flight after complaining about the in-flight movie being too sexually explicit

I love it. These parents think everyone should kowtow to their snowflakes. Those kids wouldn't even know what was going on. Kids don't have dirty minds, adults do.

by Anonymousreply 1804/13/2013

Shit. Does this mean that from now on the only thing as flight entertainment will be kiddie shows like the Teletubbies?

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

There is already a thread on this.

The complaint was not that the movie was too sexually explicit -- believe me, even if they show slasher movies and films that have an on-screen body count upwards of 200 in-flight, no airline will show a tit.

The parents considered the film too violent, which it probably was, since violence is treated far more cavalierly than something as healthy as sex in popular movies.

Making an emergency landing because someone made a verbal complaint is just bizarre... that must have cost the airline a bundle. Something is missing in this tellingt.

Anyway, I didn't realize mainstream US airlines still had drop-down center-aisle movie screens. The last airline I flew that had those was Lot Polish Airways, and the kid in my row said "Where's my screen? I've never seen big screen like that in a plane before!".

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

Well I would be pissed off if the in flight movie was Alex Cross- it got a 21% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Tyler Perry and Ed Burns? Pee-yew. I think they could have chosen something more appropriate; it doesn't need to be a kid's film but there are plenty of films that don't have adult themes and violence in them.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

Wasn't it a Tyler Perry movie? However it was shut down is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

The pilot landed in Chicago due to "security concerns." That really sounds strange. It wasn't a family of four thugs. Two were little kids.

by Anonymousreply 604/12/2013

I am glad the airlines do this. These helicopter parents don't FUCK with the airlines. Pilots have big enough egos as it is!

by Anonymousreply 704/12/2013

Probably, some freaked out flight attendant got on the phone, exclaiming dramatically to the cockpit: "Guys ... we have a SIT-U-ATION going on!"

by Anonymousreply 804/12/2013

I love the Teletubbies :)

by Anonymousreply 904/13/2013

R3 - I believe I have seen those screens on some Delta aircraft not all that long ago.

by Anonymousreply 1004/13/2013

It is rated PG 13.

by Anonymousreply 1104/13/2013

What kind of person thinks they can tell an entire plane full of people that they cannot continue watching a movie because they would prefer that their children not see it. Or that they have a right to talk to the pilot mid-flight.

by Anonymousreply 1204/13/2013

In-flight movies are not a secret. If they were so sensitive they should have asked what it was going to be when they booked their flight.

by Anonymousreply 1304/13/2013

I wish it had occurred to me to have the flight rerouted when that hideous piece of shit showed up on the screen. Christ Almighty.

by Anonymousreply 1404/13/2013

I really think the airlines should have the legal power to throw passengers over board in incidents like these, without landing. They could technically modify the planes for this.

by Anonymousreply 1504/13/2013

WTF is the world coming to?

by Anonymousreply 1604/13/2013

How long can it be before some Haus Frau demands the plane land so some peanut eating passenger can be removed from the flight, because the Fraus spawn is allergic to peanuts.

You know it is going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1704/13/2013

It probably already has happened.

by Anonymousreply 1804/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.