Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gays who have trouble with the "L" Word

Not Lesbians, nor the show, but "Love."

Ever date a guy who just wouldn't use that word no matter what?

What causes this weirdness?

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

The word 'love' as in 'love you' at the end of almost every phone call and saying 'I love you' way too quickly in a relationship or saying it at all when it is not warranted or sensible to the situation -

is a ridiculous fad in recent years. It's an anathema to so casually use 'love you' at the end of phone calls for casual friends, friends of no endurance, casual acquaintances.

And 'I love you' should not be said except in the most serious of romantic, intimate relationships of length.

People have devalued love by using the term so sloppily.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

The word 'love' should never be used with someone you are just 'dating', OP.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

And yet these people almost certainly use it with parents, grandparents, and relatives they feel nothing for.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

R1 and R2 are examples of this weirdness.

You are freighting this word with so much significance how could you ever use it?

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

R4, that's because the word 'love' does have special meaning.

The word 'love' has been terribly devalued by the cellphone age of ending so many conversations with casual friends with the faddish phrase 'love you' when that casual friend is certainly not in the realm of love and will not even be in your life for any length of time and with whom you share the most casual of connections.

And saying 'I love you' in a dating situation is highly ridiculous and devalues the meaning of love.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

OP and R4, you are so hungry and needy for love that you are looking for love to be expressed in the most casual of relationships and in relationships of no endurance and length.

Love is reserved for someone you would love for a lifetime or decades.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!