Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Man Tries to Cut Off Arms With Saw at Home Depot

WEST COVINA, Calif. (KTLA) — An unidentified man is hospitalized Wednesday after reportedly trying to cut off his arms with a saw at a Home Depot store.

It happened just after noon at The Home Depot on Azusa Avenue.

Witnesses say the man walked down an aisle, picked one a hand saw and started cutting his arms.

“He just began sawing away,” Lt. Rudy Lopez told The L.A. Times.

“He was pretty much intent on doing what he did.”

An employee saw what was happening and rushed to help the man.

People at the store, including an off-duty paramedic, were able to control the bleeding until help arrived.

He was taken to Queen of the Valley Medical Center where he underwent surgery.

No word on his condition. The store was closed for the rest of the day.

by Anonymousreply 4904/23/2013

Mexican or Asian?

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

Arms? Plural? How was he planning to do both?

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

Good question r2.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

I hope Armie Hammer plays him in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

Well he's obviously insane, the article doesn't give his insane "reasoning", but it's pretty much irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

r2- made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

[quote]An employee saw what was happening and rushed to help the man

Help him? Did the employee offer to do the sawing? I think the writer meant to say stop him.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

Wonder what was going through this guy's mind? If I saw of my arms...then what?

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

I'm guessing religious delusions.

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

Don't judge him!

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

Can't you just hear the frantic Home Depot employee on the loud speaker screaming "It's all hands on deck in power tools. Code Red!"

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2013

Did they make him pay for the saw?

by Anonymousreply 1304/11/2013

Lord. Another thread about Lesbian Drama?

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2013

If he cut off only one arm, he wouldn't be eligible for disability. That's why he was aiming for both.

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013

I guess that's one way to deal with a problem of excessive masturbation.

by Anonymousreply 1604/11/2013

[quote] I guess that's one way to deal with a problem of excessive masturbation.

Someone should suggest this to Lena Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2013

The butch lesbian sales associate would be up in arms.

by Anonymousreply 1804/11/2013

What was on his Ipod?

The First Cut is the Deepest ~ Cat Stevens

by Anonymousreply 1904/11/2013

It's obvious he's not too smart if he went to Home Depot for this purpose. Everyone knows that Lowe's has better power saws.

by Anonymousreply 2004/11/2013

And five day laborers ran in to help him saw his arms off for $5.00 apiece!

by Anonymousreply 2104/11/2013

Was it by any chance possessed by an evil spirit?

by Anonymousreply 2204/11/2013

That's disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 2304/11/2013

The mentally ill commit some of the most gruesome acts on others and on themselves.

Remember that Chinese immigrant in Canada who mutilated and ate another passenger on a Greyhound bus?

The more gruesome a crime, the more likely it is committed by someone suffering from mental delusions.

by Anonymousreply 2504/11/2013

I've been to that Home Depot. The most unbelievable part of the story is that there was an employee around to help him.

by Anonymousreply 2604/11/2013

I guess this answers the question of what do I have to do to get some fucking assistance at Home Depot. Because seriously, I have waited forever to get a key copied.

by Anonymousreply 2704/11/2013

LOL @ R26

by Anonymousreply 2804/11/2013

I've tried to gouge out my eyes at Walmart. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 2904/11/2013

[bold] Man who sawed arms in Home Depot still critical [/bold]

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man who intentionally sawed his arms to the bone in a Home Depot store in California remained hospitalized in critical condition on Thursday while investigators tried to determine what led to the horrific action.

The man, whose name wasn't released, underwent surgery and was in intensive care, West Covina police Cpl. Rudy Lopez said.

"He's still not speaking," Lopez said. "We don't know anything about his history, motive, concerns at this point."

Police said the man grabbed several small saws, including one meant to cut drywall, and injured himself Wednesday in a Home Depot store in West Covina, a suburb east of Los Angeles.

An off-duty Pasadena Fire Department paramedic used rope and cloths from the shelves to make a tourniquet to help stop the bleeding before West Covina paramedics arrived to take over.

"I'm not on duty, I don't have all the equipment that I normally have," Capt. Art Hurtado said Thursday.

"I kind of MacGyver-ed it," he added, referring to the 1980s TV show about a secret agent who used whatever materials he could find to solve problems.

Hurtado, 51, a firefighter for 21 years, had stopped by the store with his wife to pick up material to replace the trim on his daughter's house.

As he arrived, he noticed police cars. When officers pulled on medical gloves, Hurtado followed them into the store.

"It's just mayhem in there," he recalled. 'Somebody's screaming in there as they're approaching the door that there's blood everywhere."

Hurtado saw blood in several aisles and people running around hysterically.

He walked down an aisle and saw police officers next to a man lying face down in a pool of blood.

"It looks like a crime scene to me, a dead body," he said. "There's splatter everywhere, I'd say another 50, 75 feet of blood."

Hurtado told the store manager that he was a paramedic and he was allowed to move in. He and the officers flipped the man over. He was barely breathing and had no neck pulse.

Hurtado knew he had to do something.

He called for quarter-inch rope and said he would have used his shoelaces if none was available. Somebody grabbed a package of rope from a store shelf. Hurtado had a police officer cut 24-inch sections and he used it and shop towels to make a tourniquet for one arm.

The man started to come around, moaning, and arriving West Covina paramedics took over.

Hurtado, who was working without protective gloves, cleaned up with hand sanitizer.

He said the man had cut through nerves, tendons and arteries to the bone above both elbows. Without fast medical help, he could have died, Hurtado said.

"It's just things you do instinctively. I'm here to serve," he said. "Any one of my brothers and sisters in the department would have done the same thing."

by Anonymousreply 3004/11/2013

"I'm sawwy!"

by Anonymousreply 3104/11/2013

Did he use his feet to cut his arms? How the hell did he cut that deep into both arms?

by Anonymousreply 3204/11/2013

Definitely religion-induced psychotic break.

"And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Matthew 5:30

by Anonymousreply 3304/11/2013

r32, the article says he used more than one saw, but I imagine you could do both arms at the same time with something like this.

by Anonymousreply 3404/11/2013

He didn't use a power saw, he used a drywall saw, the lamest of all saws.

They keep the live power saws away from the customers by making the employees enter a password to activate them.

(FYI, the password is usually the store number)

by Anonymousreply 3504/11/2013

Drywall saw:

by Anonymousreply 3604/11/2013

ER had something like this in an episode -- it was a drug addict and his girlfriend in need of a fix.

by Anonymousreply 3704/11/2013

Gosh I hope they save this mentally ill guy's life so that he can go on that shooting or stabbing spree he is probably fantasizing about this very moment.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him - at least he cut off his own arms and not his two-year old daughter's feet with a lawn mower like that brilliant dad in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 3804/11/2013

Man forced to go to extreme measures to get customer service at Home Depot

by Anonymousreply 3904/11/2013

When I was 16, there was a guy my age who killed himself, supposedly with a chainsaw. I didn't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 4004/16/2013

Yes, R40, make this all about you.

by Anonymousreply 4104/16/2013

What was on his Kindle?

A Farewell to Arms

by Anonymousreply 4204/16/2013

Arms and the Man

by Anonymousreply 4304/16/2013

"while investigators tried to determine what led to the horrific action."

He be nuts.

There. I've saved you a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 4404/16/2013

God, I love you witty bitches!

by Anonymousreply 4504/17/2013

Sounds like a Mexican area, so I'm thinking it was a mentally ill Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 4604/17/2013

"Damian, it's all for you! It's all for YOU, Damian!"

by Anonymousreply 4704/17/2013

He was depressed because the Nazis at Home Depot repaired all the glory holes there. It was the best cruising spot in the West Coast until those corporate cunts stopped all the fun.

R17 She has the ugliest arms I've ever seen. Maybe this deranged man though he was Lena Dunham!

by Anonymousreply 4804/17/2013

Damn!You guys posted all the best punchlines!What can I add but...I've heard of therapy for compulsive shopping but isn't that a little extreme?Wait I'll try to do better?Did he forget to read the instruction manual or was this on purpose?Talk about an extreme cure for masochism!

by Anonymousreply 4904/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!