Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Aaron Schock is the only Illinois House Republican who won't comment on gay marriage

[quote]Five of six House members said they still opposed gay marriage, while Congressman's Aaron Schock's office wouldn't return requests for comment.

April 10, 2013

Mark Kirk's fellow members of the Illinois congressional delegation aren't rushing to follow his shift to endorse marriage equality. The Senator announced he supported same-sex marriage ina post on his blog last Monday.

Rep. Peter Roskam of Illinois's 6th congressional district told NBC Chicago last week he respects Mark Kirk's decision but disagrees with it.

Rep. John Shimkus of Illinois's 15th congressional district told WRSP in Illinois, "There's a push for some reason to get votes on the record. I mean, my faith tradition is that marriage is between man and a woman. Sometimes I take offense when the government tries to intrude on that aspect on people of faith. Let Senator Kirk be Senator Kirk and I'll be Congressman Shimkus. This is one where we will disagree."

A spokesman for Rep. Randy Hultgren of Illinois's 14th district said he voted to reaffirm DOMA and is opposed to gay marriage.

A spokesman for Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois's 16th district said, "Congressman Kinzinger personally believes marriage is between a man and a women, and that it is an issue to be decided at the state level."

A spokesman for Rep. Rodney Davis, who represents Illinois's 13th congressional district said, "Congressman Davis is opposed to gay marriage. As he has stated before, he is supportive of civil unions to ensure that everyone has equal protections under the law."

Rep. Aaron Schock's office did not return repeated emails and calls requesting comment, but in January when a reporter asked why he didn't support gay marriage, he responded, "I just haven't."

by Anonymousreply 4704/14/2013

This issue frightens Aaron Schock right out of his gingham shirt and turquoise belt.

by Anonymousreply 104/11/2013

I touched myself during Brokeback Mountain.

by Anonymousreply 204/11/2013

OP, you must be new here.

All articles referencing Congressman Schock must refer to him as COCKGOBBLER Schock. Please edit your article and repost.

by Anonymousreply 304/11/2013

He would comment if he didn't have a penis in his mouth with another dick on deck.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

Please respect his privacy. He is not honey boo boo.

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

So what?

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

Not sure what marriage equality is all about.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

People admire my excellent nipple placement.

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

"Congressman Kinzinger personally believes marriage is between a man and a women, and that it is an issue to be decided at the state level."

Isn't Adam Kinzinger rumored to be a closet case also?

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

It's just silly that people think I could be gay.

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

Cockgobbler and Mittens.

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2013

He can't comment because his face in buried deep in that Filenes Basement Wedding Dress Sale circular that he usually keeps hidden away in his hope chest.

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013

I'm much too busy to pay attention to Supreme Court arguments, so I can't comment on this.

by Anonymousreply 1604/11/2013

Well, it's pretty difficult to comment when you are in Narnia.

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2013

The way in which you express your contempt for Aaron Schock - who deserves all our contempt! - gets a little bit close to self-loathing homophobia, if you ask me. (Not that you do.)

by Anonymousreply 1804/11/2013

Does he have really oily skin, or is he just a moisturizer abuser?

by Anonymousreply 1904/11/2013

He would have been against it, but now he's thinking Mark Kirk is available and rich, and he's already had a serious stroke, so Aaron could inherit some choice assets if he married Kirk.

by Anonymousreply 2004/11/2013

Does he wax or shave his pecs?

by Anonymousreply 2104/11/2013

This guys is a pathetic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2204/11/2013

Someone needs to sit him down and force him to watch the "You're a sad and pathetic man" scene from The Boys in the Band

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2013

Josh Barro said you could find Aarons reply on Scruff. BURN!

by Anonymousreply 2404/12/2013

Closeted gay politicians who vote against gay rights should be outed in the media. During the Rethug convention last summer, the Tampa paper had a photo of Schock walking through a gayborhood in the city.

by Anonymousreply 2504/13/2013

^That pic is at R15.

by Anonymousreply 2604/14/2013

Why don't the Chicago gays out him?

by Anonymousreply 2704/14/2013

is nipples are little silver dollars!!!

by Anonymousreply 2804/14/2013

He's not been outed because these same pics are all there is. The court is not going to change things, Dems in congress will support gay marriage all day long because they will never have to vote to make it law. It will be a state issue. It's very easy to say they back off a decision regarding DOMA now that its too late. Even Obams waited until AFTER NC voted down gay marriage, to say he supported it.

by Anonymousreply 2904/14/2013

In 1994, conservative Congressman Robert Dornan (R-Calif.) became the first to use the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives to conduct an outing. He referred to the "revolving closet" of fellow representative Steve Gunderson (R-Wis.). The sleazy innuendoes of the homophobic Dornan were, however, simply echoing the earlier outing of Gunderson by gay activists, who complained that in his eleven years in office he had never supported gay issues.

by Anonymousreply 3004/14/2013

In 1989, ACT UP in Portland, Oregon carried out what was probably the first pro-queer outing. Its members exposed the sexuality of Mark Hatfield, the powerful conservative Republican U. S. Senator from Oregon. Hatfield had supported various homophobic initiatives, including the Helms Amendment, which aimed to prevent the federal government from paying for any AIDS education or prevention materials that would "promote or encourage, directly or indirectly, homosexual sexual activities."

The mainstream media did not report the Hatfield outing and few Americans learned of it. Despite this failure, this action of ACT UP helped change the face of queer America by using outing, and the threat of outing, as political tactics.

by Anonymousreply 3104/14/2013

He's too busy with that dick in his mouth!

by Anonymousreply 3204/14/2013

[italic]From Edge Boston:[/italic]

Aaron Schock, a young congressman from Illinois, has been receiving national attention not so much for his political stances as for his buff physique, his non-reluctance to display it, his (to some questionable) wardrobe choices, and his sexual preference.

His performance at a media event on Jan. 30 only added to speculation on the Web about which "church" the unmarried representative attends. The Capitol Fax blog posted a video that showed reporters swarming around the conservative. One reporter asks Schock why he doesn’t support same-sex marriage, which has is a hot-button issue in his home state.

Lawmakers in Springfield, the state capital, are discussing a measure that would legalize same-sex marriage. The head of the state GOP created something of a crisis in the party when he came out in favor of the measure, with various county party leaders and right-wing groups calling for his ouster.

Instead of giving a firm, definitive answer about his views on marriage equality, Schock, 31, hesitated and seemed confused. "Uh, well, I, I just haven’t," he said. When the reporter asked him the question again,

Shock did a slightly better job at explaining himself; but his answer was still muddled. "I think everybody has a set of beliefs on issues, social issues in particular, that are a reflection of how they were raised and their set of beliefs," he said.

by Anonymousreply 3304/14/2013

Shock voted against the repeal of "Don’t Ask Don’t Tell" and including sexual orientation as a hate crime.

Last year he stated flat out that he was against same-sex marriage. He told gay journalist Chris Geidner that he was in favor of retaining the Defense of Marriage Act. He did add, however, he had not "really thought too much about it."

by Anonymousreply 3404/14/2013

he had not "really thought too much about it."

Because I was too busy fantasizing about being tag teamed with two giant cocks up my ass.

by Anonymousreply 3504/14/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3604/14/2013

Last year at the Republican National Convention, Michelangelo Signorile of SiriusXM’s OutQ asked Schock outright if he was gay.

"Those questions are completely ridiculous and inappropriate," he told Signorile. "I’ve said that before and I don’t think it’s worthy of further response. I think you can look it up."

Schock then flounced off.

by Anonymousreply 3704/14/2013

[quote]"Those questions are completely ridiculous and inappropriate," he told Signorile.

As uncomfortable or awkward as it may be, asking 'those questions' of an elected official are not ridiculous or inappropriate when the issue of marriage equality is in the news everyday and when speculation about a specific elected official, namely Schock, is often in the news and when he responds by saying "he just hasn't" given any thought to marriage equality.

Conversely, Schock's response was 'ridiculous and inappropriate' particularly given that his own state which he represents in Washington DC is considering marriage equality.

by Anonymousreply 3804/14/2013

He was too busy to respond because he was taking it up the bee hind

by Anonymousreply 3904/14/2013

The only reason he got elected was because Central Illinois is a flyover shithole and all the stupid old people wanted to vote for someone that reminded them of their grandson.

by Anonymousreply 4004/14/2013

Gay rumors continued during the convention when Schock commented on Paul Ryan’s body while he was in a gay neighborhood in Tampa. TMZ filmed him walking past stores selling gay-related items while dishing about the former GOP vice president nominee’s super-worked on physique.

Someone asked Schock if he has any fashion tips for Ryan, he replied, "I think Paul’s in great shape. I think a little bit of leaner attire to help accentuate that physique he works so hard to, you know, maintain."

by Anonymousreply 4104/14/2013

Video - Schock on gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 4204/14/2013

Schock's view on Paul Ryan's body.

by Anonymousreply 4304/14/2013

His boyfriend offered a lame response, why can't Miss Shock?

by Anonymousreply 4404/14/2013

Lots of rainbows in that video!

by Anonymousreply 4504/14/2013

I'm just surprised he hasn't bearded up yet

by Anonymousreply 4704/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!