Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Curious to know if anyone on Datalounge has ever had Liposuction or one of the newer SmartLipo treatments. I am seriously considering trying this to get rid of love handles and a little stomach pooch on the front.

How did you go about finding your doctor?

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2013

Bump! I want it too.

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

Great thread op. I just got botoxed today for the first time, and while I was nervously waiting to get shot in the face I paged through all the before and after pics for a variety of services available. For the longest time I had nothing but disdain for cosmetic procedures and the people who indulged in them, but I finally changed my mind when I realized I just looked angry all the time due to the deep furrows in ny brow -- no wrinkles any where else, just that perpetual pissed off look. I won't know for a few days how well the treatment worked, but now that I've taken the plunge, my mind is totally open to the possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

Well here's my story. I've always been slightly overweight. As a kid I remember even poking myself with a needle to try and get the fat out. So I have issues with my weight that go way back. I was chubby, not obese or even fat. I was the kid who didn't want to take my shirt off for basketball when we played skins and shirts. To this day, even though I am in shape, taking my shirt off is an issue for me.

On the other hand, I have beaten myself up for even considering liposuction, saying that if I had more will power, more reserve I would finally achieve the results I wanted. I have been going to the gym, at least three times a week if not five or six for the last 15 years. In my mind I have never had the body I've wanted all because of a stupid paunch on my stomach I cannot get rid off and love handles that give me more of a square shape than a V. And as I get older, I have to practically starve myself to even see results anymore.

So if something like SmartLipo would get me closer to the body I have longed for for over 25 years, why not? I shouldn't beat myself up for wanting something that would have such a huge impact on my life.

I guess that is why I feel silly, because I will admit something as vain as having fat sucked out of my perfectly healthy body, would have a major impact on my life.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

It is very important to get the right surgeon. Don't believe photos, ask to speak to patients.

In order to get love handles you need to be assured they will enter from the back and the belly button, lazy surgeons like to use the belly button only.

Do be aware you cannot exercise for 6 weeks after the procedure so you will have 6 weeks of bird food, and you will lose tone and muscle elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 404/11/2013

What is SmartLipo?

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

A dumb procedure. Standard lipo is best.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

'Smart' or stupid lipo uses a laser to melt fat.

It tends to have an uneven result, bumps, eggs, or no result at all.

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

I had it done about 10 years ago on my lower stomach and outer thighs. My thighs turned out ok (although cellulite seems more apparent now), but my stomach is uneven. Thankfully it's pretty low so it's not terribly noticeable, but there definitely places where he took too much fat out and there are divots.

If you're going to do it make sure you have enough money to do any corrective procedures that are needed. I'm too afraid to go back for fear it could make things worse.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

my best friend got lipo. he got his gut, love handles and tits done.

afterwards, it looked like he was in a car accident. bruising from his chin to his knees. it was shocking.

i say just accept yourself the way you are. youre old and fat and only getting older and fatter. deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

I'm with R9. As you age you cannot expect to have the body of a 25 year old.

I may consider a little botox and maybe a neck job but nothing drastic. I'm terrified of turning out like some of the celebs.

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

Botox and a neck job?

so you would rather look like a tragic queen than a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

Well on encouraging thing that I never knew that is as adults we do not produce more fat cells. When you get fat, it's just an enlarging of the fat cells you currently have. I don't know why that makes losing weight in my mind more manageable. But it does. I am not fat, I am just swollen.

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2013

I've had it done. It's worth it, but again, make very very sure you are choosing the right surgeon. The wrong one will leave you wishing you had never done it. The right one will make you wonder why you didn't have it done sooner. It can be amazing to never again have to worry about a protruding stomach, because yours is now flat.

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2013

What city are you in r13?

by Anonymousreply 1404/16/2013

Beware. Post operative infections are more common than you know, and can be devastating.

I have not had lipo and never will, but have both a male and female friend who had this complication.

The dude got over it with 2 courses of antibiotics.

My female friend was hospitalized for three weeks, was first incised and drained, but then had to be fully cut open. IV antibiotics, blood thinners, fevers and terrible pain. Of course cosmetically she now has major scars. Emotionally she is a basket case.

Sorry, but lipo is not botox. Don't cut into your abdomen if you don't have to, ever.

by Anonymousreply 1504/16/2013

R15, I don't know what butchers worked on your friends, but infections like that are decidedly *not* the norm.

OP, I had lipo about a decade ago on my belly, lower manboobs and inner thighs. The good news is you won't ever have a potbelly if you gain weight. The bad news is the reason you won't ever have a potbelly if you gain weight again is because it goes to other places. I gained 25 pounds after knee surgery had me off my feet for several months, and it all went to rather curious places, noticeably my arms and ass. Hell, even my neck grew! I had to go up a full neck size in dress shirts (from 16.5" to 17.5"). And yes, I had some minor dimpling for a while, but you can't really tell these days.

Oh, and R9 is right: expect full-body bruising from your neck to knees, even in areas where no fat was directly removed. (Best to do it outside of swimsuit season, in other words.) Also, you'll probably notice for about two years afterwards that certain parts of your skin feel "hard"; that's from internal scar tissue healing the spots where your fat was sucked out. Again, like the bruises, it goes away eventually.

by Anonymousreply 1604/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!