Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm having my first colonoscopy in the morning.

I'm terrified. There is a family history of colon problems in my family, which is why I'm having this at a relatively young age. I keep envisioning the doctor's face turning grim and telling me that I have tumors everywhere. I had to take today off of work because I was such a panicky mess. I've spent the past three hours on WebMD reading about all of the unsavory things that could happen to me, if they find a problem. I'm scared. Hold me. Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 1005/19/2013

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

Look, whatever the state of your colon, it already IS that way. Don't fear the test or results.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

You should be sedated enough whatever the doctor's face registers it'll all be giggles to you.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

I had my first colonoscopy a couple years ago. They found three small polyps. The hardest part was finding someone who could take off work and give me a ride home. They won't let you drive after giving you anesthesia.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

what if you get a boner when they shove that behemoth camera in you?

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

I had one several years back. The worst part is not being able to eat the day before. When you get on that table and they tell you to count back from three, you'll say "Three" and the next thing you know you'll be waking up after the procedure.

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

...ding dong the bells are gonna chime!!

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

The colonoscopy doesn't give you cancer. In the unlikely event that you have it, the test finds it early enough to avoid it becoming a problem. NOT finding an existing tumor is a problem.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

How did everything come out?

by Anonymousreply 905/19/2013

Damn it, r7, you beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 1005/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!