Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Phantom" star Sarah Brightman: from lovely lady to plastic surgery DISASTER

Good God, I don't even know where to *start* here! The Botox job is HORRIFIC, and adding cheek implants into an already plump face has only made her look fat. I seriously thought that first pic was of Roseanne Barr when I first saw it!!

by Anonymousreply 2604/12/2013

I can't believe it says "her suspiciously wrinkle-free eyes" when the close-up shows wrinkles a-plenty all over her eye area.

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

The Botox work is fine; it's the cheeks that are making her look off.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

She looks like a crone. Why do the British age so poorly?

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

I enjoyed her work in "Ghostbusters"

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

That's not botox, that's an incredibly bad brow lift. Her eyebrows are practically vertical!

And are those new teeth?

by Anonymousreply 504/11/2013

She really doesn't look all that different to me. Aged, yes .... but same chipmunk cheeks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

I agree with r6, she was never really that hot. Pretty much anyone can look glam with careful lighting and airbrushing. Her chipmunk cheeks are her worst feature and she's always had them.

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

It's so bad that the Phantom is putting the mask over HER face.

by Anonymousreply 804/11/2013

I saw her up close a few times when she first starred in Phantom on Broadway and thought she was quite pretty back then (though not beautiful) despite the huge eyes and chipmunk cheeks.

But I was really surprised (and not in a good way) when I saw her at the show's 25th anniversary. She looked like a terrible caricature of herself.

by Anonymousreply 904/11/2013

Too bad Cats closed- perfect for Grizabella-and she doesn't need makeup.

by Anonymousreply 1004/11/2013

always liked her. I've seen her a couple of times in a surprisingly well done concert. Really.

by Anonymousreply 1104/11/2013

I knew Sarah pretty well in the late 70's early 80's and she was always sweet and cute- never really glamorous.

She's a nice person. The whole classical crossover persona is actually her- singing classical music in arena rock arrangements while flying over the audience has always been her idea of art.

I'm not at all surprised she's going into space.

by Anonymousreply 1204/11/2013

r12...thanks for sharing.

When I saw her in concert, I was pretty mesmerized by her..."diva-dom". She played the role beautifully.

Even her dvds with her quirkiness. Is it an act or real?

by Anonymousreply 1304/11/2013

She really doesn't look any different to me. Love her, love her voice, want her played at my funeral.

by Anonymousreply 1404/11/2013

I think it's real (R13).

I took a lot of dance classes with her and actually had Tuesday dinner with her weekly for about a year during Cats. She really wanted to be a great singer and dancer and create "fusion art" which made me laugh. Who's laughing now? She tried to get me to go to her voice teacher who I thought was too expensive. Should have done it!

While I'm sure she listens to business people and knows how to play the commercial game when necessary, I actually think she is sincere in creating her crazy albums and makes music she wants to make.

BTW- She was a really good dancer.

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013

I like that she earned enough money to actually "pay back" ALW's divorce settlement; the day Andrew publicly dumped Sarah, he was practically planning his wedding to Madeline, the woman he was banging behind her back.

by Anonymousreply 1604/11/2013

I hate when the eyes are asymmetrical.

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2013

There's a cartoon cat - not Hello Kitty - who looks exactly like that. Anybody know what I mean?

by Anonymousreply 1804/11/2013

She's fat

She has wrinkles. She's just fat. Her face is fat.

by Anonymousreply 1904/11/2013

I don't think she looks "younger han her years" as the DM purports. She looks like a 52 year old woman to me. And it looks as if it depends on the angle of the photo whether she looks fat-faced or not.

by Anonymousreply 2004/11/2013

[quote]I'm not at all surprised she's going into space.

Outer space is the only place where her work would settle as near as I can gather.

She looks like Marie Osmond now.

by Anonymousreply 2104/11/2013

Eeeeek! That is awful WHY do these women (and some men) keep doing this to themselves?

by Anonymousreply 2204/11/2013

I love it. I've loathed her tacky image, her low-brow aesthetic and her tin-whistle voice for a long time. Seeing her idiocy in full through the mangling of her face just shows what a dull piece of work she is. She looks like a Chinese corpse with cotton wadding stuffed under the skin of the face. And the beaver teeth complete the picture perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2013

Looks like a Jennifer Saunders hallucination.

by Anonymousreply 2404/12/2013

Remember when she was a sexy dancer for the Hot Gossip dance troupe?

by Anonymousreply 2504/12/2013

Sarah performs "I Lost My heart to a Starship Trouper" with the awesomely untalented Hot Gossip, circa 1979.

Ridiculously campy.

by Anonymousreply 2604/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!