Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gays: do you have a natural preference for strawberry-flavored food items?

I want to test out a theory.

by Anonymousreply 2904/13/2013

Strawberries are fine, but any "strawberry-flavored" processed food is horrible.

Fake strawberry flavor is nasty!

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

I think what OP really wants to know is whether Gay men are more likely to eat pink food than straight men. And yes, I spent my childhood ordering sundaes with names like "The Snow White" (pink peppermint and marshmallow topping).

The fact is that I don't like most chocolate; so, yes, I tend to order raspberry or strawberry.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

I dislike strawberry. But then I'm a top.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

I actually have a preference for anything cherry or peanut butter flavored.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

I like strawberry, not strawberry-[italic]flavored[/italic]. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

I adore the unique taste of the strawberry malted.

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

It was also a great little gay Cuban/Mexican movie that I loved.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

No strawberry anything for me.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

I was just having this discussion with my ex last night, who told me -- and I don't know why I never knew it -- that he preferred strawberry-flavored anything, as opposed to chocolate. He likes chocolate, but would rather have strawberry-flavored cake or ice cream or syrup on a sundae.

...and I'm the same.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

Don't call me "Gays". My theory is that you are an a-hole, and I don't need to conduct any polling at all.

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

Hate strawberry "flavoring."

It's sick-making.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

I live in SoCal. Strawberries are grown all over the place. They're available for most of the year these days. Just purée some strawbs to flavor things. No need for artificial flavors, ever.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

I like strawberry tarts. Or tarts with strawberries and other fruit. I probably like blueberry tarts best, but that might be because they're easier to make.

I also like Edy's Strawberry Frozen Fruit bars.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

I like to get organic strawbs. The conventionals are among the most heavily pesticided bits of produce.

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

Hell yeah!

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

Why is it that most straight women love chocolate?

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

You can buy a flat of them at the corner impromptu fruit stand fresh from the field. God bless all the wonderful illegals and their stoop laborers.

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2013

Along with believing dogs are male and cats are female, I think that girls like dark chocolate and boys like milk; raspberries are a girl fruit and strawberries are for boys.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2013

I prefer blueberries to strawberries, but will certainly eat both (although finding good strawberries around my area can be challenging). That said, I prefer pretty much all forms of chocolate over berries (and never chocolate *with* strawberries, as is commonly seen around Valentine's Day).

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2013

Do you mean artificial strawberry flavor? Yuk, gross.

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2013

No. I don't like most fruits except for citrus fruits. With flavored food I prefer stuff like chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, almond etc.

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2013

I've got your strawberry right here on the end of my dick.

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2013

I *HATE* strawberries and anything strawberry flavoured!

by Anonymousreply 2304/10/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2013

I HATE strawberry milkshake, more of a banana or vanilla guy.

I love chocolate like everyone does, but not so much chocoloate flavoured stuff or that rich uber chocolatey taste like in choc brownies/cake etc.. only a little of that I can take without feeling sick. Coffee is another one, like the drink - vanilla latte usually, but hate the smell or taste of it as a flavour.

The one I have the most problem with is apple, I like apples (peeled only) but that flavour is rank. Specifically apple juice, I loathe it more than anything! Tropicana "lemonade" was mostly apple juice. Disgusting.

And raspberry is better than strawb.. like that as a flavour. Srawberry stardust were tied with lime as best though.

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2013

The worst artificial flavor ever has to be grape. Grapes dont even taste like that!

by Anonymousreply 2604/10/2013

Strawberry Quick

by Anonymousreply 2704/10/2013

I'm a lesbian and I love chocolate.

Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 2804/10/2013

hey op -

i've kinda wondered about this too at times: IS choosing strawberry/pink coloured sweet treats am early indicator of sexuality?

Should it go on that old, silly list of like that list of stuff they used to think indicated effeminacy/gayness - the way one crossed his legs, looked at something on their shoe, put their hands on their hips (fingers back versus fingers forward), ability to whistle (!), etc -

Know it's all dumb, homophobic cold-war era shit - but at times I see a guy standing or sitting a certain way and i think ya gotta wonder if they weren't on to something - and people certainly took that stuff seriously - remember reading that NASA used to go over how to stand and sit "like a man" with their astronauts so they would never appear in public engagements in any way feminine-seeming...

Anyway - when i was a kid i initially hated chocolate - too strong tasting - and loved me the strawberry milkshakes. iced doughnuts and cakes, ice cream, etc. by teenage years had grown to love chocolate - and caramel and vanilla too! - and strawberry/raspberry/pink became my last choice - especially because even then i thought it tasted kinda fake - and i think too there was peer group pressure as a boy got older not to admit to liking the pretty pink girly flavours...

Only thought of it again recently - when i met a big bruiser of a "bisexual" (read closeted gay!) cop i've been playing with for a coffee and he gleefully tore into two of the pinkest, most strawberry iced cupcakes i've ever seen - these were pink-princess cupcakes that you'd expect to see barbie eating (not that the skinny bitch actually ever would eat!) - and he did it with such gusto and explained how strawberry was his favorite! - and i wondered how no one among his family or friends tweaked to him being gay! gay! gay!

by Anonymousreply 2904/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!