Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Badge Dale

About to break out in World War Z, Iron Man 3, and The Lone Ranger. Formerly seen in 24, The Departed, The Pacific, Rubicon, Shame, etc. Father is noted (and openly gay) choreographer Grover Dale. Mother was the fabulous Anita Morris, who died of cancer when he was 15.

Please discuss.

by Anonymousreply 2306/09/2013

And another.

Personally, I find him nasty hot...if that's a thing.

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

He's a very good actor. If he breaks out, he deserves it, and it's not because some publicists decided to shove him down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

I like him a lot. I've seen him in The Pacific, 24, and Rubicon.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

A charisma-free zone in "The Pacific".

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

I hear what you're saying, r4, but it was hard to separate out my overall disappointment with the miniseries from the lackluster performances. (I actually thought Joe Mazello did some of the most believable acting -- yikes!) Anyway, I'm honestly looking forward to seeing if Badge can demonstrate a bit more range than he's shown thus far. Up to this point, he's only really ever played distraught and/or overwrought.

Still nasty hot, though.

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

I love this guy. Not enough to go to the theatre and see either Iron Man 3 or Lone Ranger, but I'll definitely view the DVD (or whatever).

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

Particularly so in Shame.

He needs to arrest that male pattern balding stat, though.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

Very delectable in Iron Man 3, distractingly so.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

R5 I was disappointed in The Pacific at first but having watched it a couple of times, I like it almost as much as Band of Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

I worked on the crew of Rubicon. He was a really nice guy, extremely polite and even-tempered. I don't think, however, he'll ever become a major star. He doesn't have the It Factor. He'll work a lot, regardless.

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

Won't people be put off by his amputated hand?

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

"Rubicon" was such a bland, boring disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

beautiful, in a wholly different world. . . .

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

I love Rubicon, r10. For your sake, as well as my own enjoyment of that "thinking person's" show, I'm sorry it was cancelled. Have kept the entire series on my DVR because I like to go back to it.

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013

Is Grover Dale really out?

by Anonymousreply 1705/24/2013

He had his two front teeth knocked out in an accident in his apartment in London when he was over there shooting World War Z.

by Anonymousreply 1806/09/2013

"Accident in his London apartment." Dammit, why didn't *I* think of that??

by Anonymousreply 1906/09/2013

R7, what did he do in "Shame"? Please tell NOW if he engaged in the homosex!

I thought he was hot to death in 24, but he hasn't aged all that well, and until recently he was wearing his hair in *very* odd fashions, particularly in "Rubicon." He looked great in "Iron Man 3," though, and I look forward to seeing him in "World War Z."

Agreed that he's not big-movie-star potential, but I could seem him becoming a Mark Ruffalo type: handsome and talented enough to be cast in a variety of good character roles.

by Anonymousreply 2006/09/2013

He was exellent in Iron Man 3 (talking about giving a supporting role weight! in an otherwise stupid movie) and also in Shame.

by Anonymousreply 2106/09/2013

Is he friends with Balthazar Getty?

by Anonymousreply 2206/09/2013

Very true, r21. He was one of the saving graces in Iron Man 3 -- you really felt danger when he appeared on screen.

by Anonymousreply 2306/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!