Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has the North Korean bomb threat increased racism and prejudice towards Asians in America?

I'm deeply concerned about this. I am Asian (Chinese) and quite frankly, I don't think it's fair if there is more prejudice towards Asians because of North Korea.

Not every Asian in America supports the North Koreans. I, for one, VERY VERY STRONGLY disagree with what the North Koreans are doing. I haven't seen any prejudice so far, and hopefully there won't be any prejudice or discrimination towards us.

by Anonymousreply 2304/12/2013

I'm sure someone will respond to your post in the event there is something to comment upon.

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

[quote]Not every Asian in America supports the North Koreans.

I seriously doubt that [italic]any[/italic] Asian in America supports the North Koreans. The NK government (as distinct from the NK populace) is nuts & most people realize that, including Asians everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

I don't know a single person who views this situation as blameworthy among all Asians, and especially not Asian Americans. The Koreans in the US are either overwhelmingly from SK or else refugees and escapees from NK (I'm guessing more of the former). I don't think anyone (intelligent) suspects there are NK sleeper cells among us.

Having said that, I'm sure some idiot redneck is going to be in the news for harassing an Asian business or somesuch, but these are isolated incidents.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

Unlikely. But if it did, it would make about as much sense - none - as Islamic terrorism increasing hatred of and prejudice against Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

Everyone knows Americans are stupid enough to jump to this conclusion, the same way they killed Sikhs after 9/11.

But how do they reconcile the erratic, desperate behaviour of a Korean boy dictator with his hilarious pony riding in the Gangnam Style video they saw on YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

It doesn't take much to increase racism and prejudice in America.

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

Cry me a river.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

You sound like you're just aching tone a victim, OP.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

[quote]Everyone knows Americans are stupid enough to jump to this conclusion, the same way they killed Sikhs after 9/11.

I hope you didn't just prove that fact about Americans being stupid by essentially stating that the problem with the idiots who murdered Sikhs was merely that the targets were Sikh.

Do I really have to tell you murdering innocent people based on race/religion/sex. pref/etc., is wrong or did you already know there is no justification even if the target of murder was the "right" religion?

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

The only people who take this threat seriously are stupid idiots who already are racist.

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

This thread is useless without internment camps.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

It has nothing to do with North Korea, op.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

OP, are you afraid that you won't be able to blend in and be a de-facto white anymore?

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

Or you chinks rook arike to me, Tojo. Bansai, you kamikaze sushi-eating chopstickers. Have chow fun liding in pedi-cab litters purred by chinky men in big saipan hats. Rotsa ruck - and rotsa rice, kabuki saki srant-eyed yerrow men!

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

I'm *quite* sure OP is Asian.

Oh, and OP, I remember when you tried this a few weeks ago.

Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

[quote]Everyone knows Americans are stupid enough to jump to this conclusion, the same way they killed Sikhs after 9/11.

IIRC, this happened once.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

Obvious troll.

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2013

Whatever happened to the asshole who shot the Sikh in so-called retaliation for 9/11?

He must have felt pretty fucking stupid when he realized he threw away his own freedom in a pointless gesture that didn't even possess the crazed meaning he had thought it did.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2013

[quote]Whatever happened to the asshole who shot the Sikh in so-called retaliation for 9/11?

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2013

Angry people look for outlets for that anger.

Americans are broke, unemployed and angry.

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2013

R20. Speak for yourself

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.