Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Simon Cowell Says He 'Couldn't Care Less' If People Think He Is Gay

"It would make no difference to my life or my career. A lot of my friends are gay, but I'm not and don't even think that way any more."

He added: "I couldn't care less (if people think I'm gay) because it's nothing to be ashamed of. It feels like such an antiquated question now."

by Anonymousreply 3404/30/2013

Haha, typical of the closet cases. The questions are always either antiquated question or a violation of their privacy.

What a creepy hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

We just hope to God he isn't. Enough bad publicity as it is what with glory holes, anal adventures, dread diseases.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

Closet case, or choosing his words carefully - from what I've heard from many different sources, he is at the very least bi...

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

Oh he cares, alright. Why hide it and have those publicity stunt girlfriends if you don't care.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

Do you like his prominent moobs?

Do you?

I do.

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

Good for him. I'm just so delighted that he said "couldn't care less" rather than "could care less." Whatever else he might be, he's smart. Although only a fool would make that mistake.

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

R6, ya think? There's a 50/50 chance of getting that one right after all :P

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

Lately, R7, I've been hearing it wrong more than the law of averages would predict.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

Didn't Simon routinely taunt contestants who seemed gay? He's right that homophobic attitudes are becoming antiquated, that's the only reason he sounds pro-gay now, and pretends he always was.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

he reads datalounge

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

What r6 said. I had to read it twice to make that he he'd really said it correctly.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

Why is it when a gay man says he couldn't care less if people think he's gay it means he is confident and not ashamed of who he is, but when a straight man says it its automatically assumed he is a closet case?

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

R12, Simon isn't straight..

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

R13 That really doesn't answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

R6: I totally agree, so nice to see someone put that expression correctly

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

r3, don't exaggerate. Please list the 10+ sources that confirmed his gay lovers.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

Simon Cowell is disgustingly fugly. I pray he's straight. Yuck. We don't want the bitchy little man-queen.

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2013

R4 is correct. He cares a lot because he goes to great bearding lengths. And his "I don't care" comment is a typical closet case remark.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2013

[quote]"I don't care" comment is a typical closet case remark.

I'm not in the closet, but I also dont care what strangers may think about me. Haven't since high school.

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2013

I don't know if he's gay but no matter what he says his words would be turned back on him and he'd be called a closet case, on DL anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2013

I just thought "could care less" was the American way of saying it, it certainly isn't the British so Simon would never say that.

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2013

Any man who spends his days taking lemon-milk baths, surviving on hyped-up vitmain injections, and bloating his face with botox is gay.

G. A. Y.

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2013

The brilliant Louis Theroux has an episode of his show about scum PR man Max Clifford (now charged for sex offences as part of that Jimmy Savile operation, couldn't happen to a nicer person and real karma) focusses heavily on Simon Cowell and is very revealing.

by Anonymousreply 2304/30/2013

He has a lot of fake girlfriends for a straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 2404/30/2013

I swear to God Almighty. If that vile man EVER comes out of the closet as gay, I will FORCE myself to become heterosexual, just so I don't have homosexuality in common with him! I think Simon Cowell is the most disgusting man on earth. If I had the choice of having sex with either Cowell or Rosie O'Donnell, it would be a tough choice.

by Anonymousreply 2504/30/2013

I never thought he was gay.

To Americans, British + bitchy = gay.

Ryan, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 2604/30/2013

Paula, you're so right. British guys are never gay.

by Anonymousreply 2704/30/2013

So he 'couldn't care less', but has been paying Max Clifford £250K - a year? - a month? - to 'look after his interests.'

If people still think he's gay, Max's overstated efforts have clearly been in vain.

(Incidentally or not, SC paid £50K bail for the later-jailed boy abusing pop impresario Jonathan King.)

Maybe SC is now pre-empting fall-out as the police trawl show business for sex abuse. As against that, if anyone has bargaining power it's MC. His files must equal or exceed Murdoch's for Establishment scandal. After all, big names in serious trouble go to MC first, to pre-empt or deflect the tabloids. Interesting times.

by Anonymousreply 2804/30/2013

Simon is not gay. His penis is.

by Anonymousreply 2904/30/2013

I personally know an excellent source on this topic, and Cowell is gay. I have no fucking idea why he tries so hard to hide it. I can only assume very, very deeply embedded homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 3004/30/2013

R30 Any one who can put two and two together can tell he's gay.

Is he openly gay in his private life at least? If not, does he never get laid?

by Anonymousreply 3104/30/2013

The "Is Simon Cowell Gay" question always puzzles me.

He was "with" that singer Sinitta for ages. She said publicly that in all the years they were together, they never had sex. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 3204/30/2013

If he is not gay, someone needs to sit down with his manboobs and have a talk about slutty shirts.

by Anonymousreply 3304/30/2013

It's important that gays are free to 2xist. And have you seem me work my too tight white tees in support?

by Anonymousreply 3404/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.