Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tom Cruise: Katie Holmes Divorce Was A Surprise

According to E! News, in a sit-down interview with German TV network ProSieben (via Germany's Bunte magazine), the 50-year-old actor admits that he was unaware that his wife of five years wanted a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

[quote]"To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you -- that's what life is…Life is tragicomic," Cruise added. "You need a certain sense of humor."

Interesting that he thinks relationships/marriage are something to keep under control.

Does he not realize that by saying this he makes his marriage to Holmes look totally arranged?

Someone needs to explain to him what tragicomic means.

by Anonymousreply 104/10/2013

It was a surprise?

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

Clueless.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

I fixed his confused ass.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

It's not that unusual to be caught off guard about spouse wanting a divorce.

Happened to Nicole Kidman, happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

I thought he caught Katie tunneling out of the family compound with their 5 year contract clutched in her hand.

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

He may want to see a therapist. After all, he did start their relationship on a couch.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

I'm sure the Sea Org slavey who was responsible for reporting on Katie's emotional state got a good beating.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

Yep, he's a very tortured guy.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

Using tragicomic in a sentence is akin to using thrice. They're words, but...

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

Perhaps 'tragicomic' was a mistranslation of 'schadenfreude'. Which makes it something we all felt.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

When they first began dating, he kept telling everyone how she was so "amazing." She proved that she's amazing by arranging the break-up without his cult suspecting what was about to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

She was very clever about that divorce. She must have had the shit on him and his cult for them to fold so quickly.

The way she obtained a prepaid cellphone, sneakily rented an apartment proves she was planning it for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

'Tragicomic' is the sort of word used in conversation by an uneducated dyslexic middle-aged man trying to seem wise and dignified.

Cruise's situation might approach tragedy if the arrangements he has contrived are exposed: self-engineered ruination. Until that time, his fabrications are indeed a source of mild comedy.

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

The Kennedy Space Center keeps advertising a new space film narrated by Tom Cruise. That's one reason to stay away from that tourist attraction.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

He. Talks. Like. A. Robot.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.