Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Twins who dress alike well into adulthood.

What's their damage? These twin sisters in my neighborhood are well into their 70's and still dress exactly alike. They look absolutely ridiculous. People whisper about them. Is it some sort of arrested development?

by Anonymousreply 3204/10/2013

They sound cute. It's their [italic]thang[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

Their age for one thing, Op and r2. Back then it wasn't so common for twins to be born. Now people have veritable fucking litters of kids, but not so much then. Once they have dressed alike for 50 years, they kind of stick with it. It sounds cute for the older ones, if people did it now it would be weird.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

"manifestation of the codependency " Oh quit.

I would love to be a twin and call up to coordinate what to wear every day. I'm 80.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

Photo, please.

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

r4 Are you seriously 80? Wow. Then you can back me about there not being a lot of twins back many years ago and how it wasn't weird for them to dress alike and how they can hardly change it now, right? And congratulations on living 8 decades and coming here to tell us things. r5 photo of r4 right?

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

R6 is following me around again.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

Come play with us Danny.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

[quote]It's incredibly sad how stunted their individual lives are,

How the hell would you know, and who the hell are you to say so?

Chances are their perfectly happy, and no doubt a lot happier than you.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

SWF seeks same!!!

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

Gee Hedy, I hope you never get mad at me.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

In the 60s in Brooklyn Heights the Green twins dressed alike. We figured the guys were lovers.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

Most twins I've ever known seem to have worked at creating separate looks/identities. I can't think of any who dressed alike or had the same haircuts, etc., once they started making those decisions on their own. That is, their parents did them alike when they were little and didn't know better, but once they matured, they developed their individual looks and personalities.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

are the D-squared twins gay? they dress exactly alike. do they fuck each other or do they have separate lovers? maybe they're straight, in fact... anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

Since I know no one who does this nor have I ever witnessed such a thing outside of movies and TV sitcoms, I have no answer.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

I think it's cute.

The one time I saw it, the twins were older women (in their 60s? 70s?) in SF.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

My matching twins sighting: january 1990...gay cruise...twin doctors...matching speedos....only thing not matching= different flourescent colos of zinc oxide on their noses....probably lovers too because even on that floating sex fest they were inseperable

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2013

I lived in a 1910s co-op building with long, somewhat dim corridors untouched by time. On the first floor, was a large five-bedroom apartment shared by identical twin women in their 60s. They didn't dress identically, exactly, but their entire wardrobe was so nondescript and of such uniform brown palette and forms that they may as well have done. They were from Germany originally, and I could never remember their names so thought of them as Ulga and Hulga. Their prison matron figures, identical physical appearance, practical haircuts, cat-eye glasses, brown skirts, brown, blouses, and brown cardigans, and generally severe and utterly silent appearance in a corridor always reminded me of the a very unfashionable, elderly adult version of the creepy twins in "The Shining".

Fuck, there they are.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2013

I knew identical twin antique dealers who are not much on the scene any more (not the Kenos) who looked exactly alike, dressed exactly alike, were quite interchangeable it seemed, shared a house, and were gay lovers.

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2013

The incidence of identical twins has not increased. The incidence of fraternal twins has, because of the practice of implanting two embryos when performing in vitro fertilization, in the hope of getting one live birth. The procedure has been perfected to the point, though, that the great majority of such fertilizations result in twins.

I have twins. They do not dress alike, and it is unlikely that they will do so as they make their own sartorial choices. If they do, we shall have to address a number of issues; they are of different genders. But I won't tell which.

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2013

OP's neighbors

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2013

HAWT!

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2013

R16, that would be the Brown Twins. I'm from SF and used to travel a lot for work. I would come home and see them and just smile! I knew I was home. They were quite iconic here in SF. Sadly, Vivian recently passed away...

by Anonymousreply 2304/10/2013

How do they know that it was Vivian?

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2013

Cool, that's them. Thanks for the info, R23

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2013

I LOVED the Brown twins in SF. I'd see them when I was a little boy and was just amazed by them. I always wanted to got to their shop, I think it was called The Armoire on Nob Hill...

by Anonymousreply 2604/10/2013

r14 - Yup, they're both gay. They lived together until they were nearly 50, but then Dan moved in with his boyfriend (who was also an identical twin). That was 10 years ago though. I don't think they're together anymore.

Weirdly, Dan's boyfriend & twin resemble a younger Dan & Dean.

by Anonymousreply 2704/10/2013

Actually, that should be until they were nearly 40, not 50 in r27.

Although this article says they've never been apart, so I guess the boyfriend thing didn't work out.

[quote]Have you ever spent time apart, I ask.

[quote]"No, we do everything together," says Dean. They look at each other knowingly and Dean lets out a sigh: "Well, we were separated for six months when we were 16. It was horrible."

. . .

[quote]Before I go, the Catens show me around their London house; we walk down a hallway lined with their latest campaign shots, model Lara Stone stares down sexily from gilt frames. "And this," Dean chirrups, "is our bedroom." You share a room? "Yes, of course!" "But you're 47!" I say. They both look a little shocked at my reaction. "We sleep in the same bed – we always have. We just lie in bed blabbing until one of us falls asleep. Unless one of us has a special guest, of course," he says, motioning to the second bedroom down the hall.

[quote]As I walk out of their front door, I turn to them and say, "You really mean it when you say you do everything together, don't you?" They both nod: "We feel things between each other, so we have to do everything together. If something were to happen to one of us… I mean if one of us was in an accident…" Dan trails off. Dean finishes for him: "We came into the world together and we're leaving together. There will never be just one of us. But anyway, let's talk more about hopes and dreams!"

by Anonymousreply 2804/10/2013

Twins are always strange.

by Anonymousreply 2904/10/2013

OK those two are definitely doing each other and always will, even if they take up different boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 3004/10/2013

Wait.. It was called the Twins Armoire in San Francisco.. God I loved them and they loved animal print

by Anonymousreply 3104/10/2013

[quote]I would love to be a twin and call up to coordinate what to wear every day.

You don't need a twin to figure out what to wear. Join the Navy. When you get out of the rack in the morning, look at what everyone else on the ship is putting on and you do the same. Easy!

by Anonymousreply 3204/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.