Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Breaking: France Votes 179-157 To Approve Article 1 of Gay Marriage Bill: Article One Legalizes Same-sex Marriage

Translated from French:

The Senate has approved Tuesday by 179 votes against 157 the first article of the bill on gay marriage, the most important, who opens the marriage to persons of the same-sex. This article was adopted “in conformity”, that is to say, without modification from the first reading vote in the National Assembly . This vote becomes final unless the entire bill was rejected after consideration by the Senate. It will not be subjected to a second reading in the National Assembly or the CMP (Mixed Commission). 10:00 Discussion

The vote came after more than 10 hours of discussion on this article in which the right against the bill scrapped by multiplying the catch words in an electric atmosphere. “Despite attempts to obstruct the right, the Senate just adopt Article 1 which allows same-sex couples to marry, “said the group’s president PS François Rebsamen , in a statement after the vote.

“The adoption of this article by a vote of the entire Senate majority, puts an end to the discrimination that resulted from sexual choices of citizens,” he added. “Given the abuses that took place either by manifestations of violence in the street, either by verbal excesses in the chamber, the vote on this article marks a victory for the fight against homophobia, tolerance and the of democracy, “he concluded.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

Wow. I thought the French hated gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

Time to find me a french boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

There are still hundreds of provisions left to be voted on, but this was the first huge hurdle and the most important part of the bill

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

[quote]I thought the French hated gay marriage.

The haters are quite vocal, but they're still a minority.

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

Yeah, its funny how the bigots and racist are always the loudest ones.

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2013

Anyone from France on here?

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2013

Yay! Congrats France!

by Anonymousreply 704/09/2013

Félicitations France

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2013

Another country goes for the USA

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2013

This is great news. I hated seeing those huge crowds of bigots looking like their side was winning.

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2013

So what's next?

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

That's great, but man that's fucking close. France is not much better than the US. The country has always touted itself as being better than America. They've got the same bunch of loons the US does. Anyway, I'm ecstatic for French gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

Ha, ha. All those assholes who were protesting gay marriage in France must be fuming now.

Congrats to the French!

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!