Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

6-year-old boy dies after accidental shooting by 4-year-old neighbor in NJ

The Associated Press

Apr. 9 8:43 PM EDT

TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) — A 6-year-old southern New Jersey boy who was accidentally shot in the head by a 4-year-old playmate has died from his wounds.

Ocean County prosecutor's office spokesman Al Della Fave confirmed the death of Brandon Holt on Tuesday night. He has declined to provide further details.

Authorities say the two boys were playing outside Monday night when the 4-year-old boy got a .22-caliber rifle from his Toms River home and it accidentally discharged.

The children were about 15 yards apart at the time.

The 4-year-old wasn't injured.

No criminal charges have been filed, but authorities are investigating.

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2013

Guns don't kill people, 4-year-olds do.

Fucking insane. The people who owned that gun should be arrested and charged with murder.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

If only that 6-year old had a gun...

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

The parents should be charged for having a loaded gun under the bed.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

Hopefully the parents will be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

This is very sad....about 4 blocks away from me...nice neighborhood but stupid lives everywhere....first report said the father kept the gun under his bed...I am sure the charges will come crashing down any minute...

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

Is this the same 4-year-old that shot and killed someone the other day? I lose track these days.

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

How awful. What a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

Latest news says local county police are mute on the info...no press conference or anything...neighboring Atlantic county taking over investigation...bet the gun owner is or has ties to police...we shall see!

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

I toe you I wa hawcowe.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

I'll bet the gun-nut father is blaming the 4-year old instead of himself. Too bad the kid didn't off daddy instead.

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

Oh dear.

Your gun laws need to be fixed up. How long is it going to take you all???

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

[quote] Your gun laws need to be fixed up. How long is it going to take you all???

Unfortunately we're far past the point where "fixing up" our gun laws will change anything. Every gun-loving idiot in this country already has an arsenal.

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

My mother used to love to quote the caption of an old New Yorker cartoon that went something like, "Boy, 2, Kills 3."

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

Does anything EVER happen to the parents of these kids who shoot someone, accidentally or otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

Nope. The guns are legal and there are no laws in the books requiring that guns be locked up in the home. So they're not responsible for a crime.

True story -- one day my mother in FL heard her back door alarm go off and didn't think much if it since she unlocked the back door every day at 2 pm for my aunt who lives nearby and comes to my mother's house every day to sneak-smoke in my mother's enclosed porch. After a few seconds, when my aunt don't call out hello, my mother went into her dining room and there was a little kid with a green plastic rifle. My mother said, "Who are you and why are you in here?" The boy, who was about six years old said, "I'm looking for bad guys."

There had been a robbery on the street and the sheriff had told everyone to keep an eye out for strangers.

My mother said the kid was definitely weird. He had no boundaries at all and asked if he'd make him a sandwich. She said no, you can't walk into people's houses, you must go home. She was very pleasant toward him.

Two days later my mother sees police cars at the house across the street. The same little boy had walked into a neighbor's back yard with a real handgun, again "looking for bad guys." The woman who rented the house talked him into giving her the gun and called the police. When the police got there, they arrested the woman renter because she was on probation and was not allowed to have firearms in her possession. The woman said, "But it's not my gun! I took it from the little boy and called you so that nobody would get hurt." No matter. Cops arrested her anyway for parole violation. (The gun was fully loaded, BTW)

Nothing happened to the boy's parents because they hadn't broken any laws.

Typical Florida story.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

4 year olds these days are fucking hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

R15 - Child Endangerment?

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2013

Anthony Senatore, father of N.J. 4-year-old who shot and killed playmate, is indicted

(CBS/AP) MAYS LANDING, N.J. - The father of a 4-year-old New Jersey boy who fatally shot his 6-year-old playmate earlier this year was indicted Wednesday on six counts of child endangerment. An Ocean County grand jury returned the indictment Wednesday against Anthony Senatore, 33, of Toms River.

Authorities say Senatore had multiple unsecured weapons in his home. They say his 4-year-old son got a .22 caliber rifle and fired a single shot that struck his 6-year-old neighbor, Brandon Holt, in the head on April 8. He died the next day.

Senatore was arrested several weeks after the shooting, following a lengthy investigation, and was later freed on $100,000 bail. His lawyer, Robert Ebberup, did not return a call seeking comment late Wednesday afternoon.

Although the shooting occurred in Ocean County, Atlantic County is handling the matter because Senatore has relatives who have worked in law enforcement in Ocean County.

Senatore faces five counts of second-degree child endangerment - one for each of the five unsecured firearms investigators say they found accessible to his children, ages 12, 8 and 4. He was also charged with a third-degree count of child endangerment for keeping the loaded .22 caliber rifle unsecured in a bedroom where his 4-year-old son was able to access and fire the weapon at Holt.

Senatore also faces a disorderly person offense for enabling access by minors to a loaded weapon.

Authorities say that besides the rifle used to fire the fatal shot, two 12-gauge shotguns and two other shotguns were all found unsecured, in close proximity to ammunition and accessible to Senatore's children.

New Jersey gun owners are required by law to properly secure weapons if they know children could have access to them. Firearms can be secured by using a container box or a trigger lock.

by Anonymousreply 1809/26/2013

Wow, the 4 year old used a shotgun. I automatically thought it was a handgun. A shotgun is a serious weapon for a toddler to be able to pick up and use accurately.

by Anonymousreply 1909/26/2013

Sadly, I'm not sure these stories are really news anymore. Its like a weather report in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 2009/26/2013

R19, he did not use a shotgun, he used a .22 caliber rifle. The thing that seems more strange to me is that a 4 year old would be able to hit someone with a .22 caliber bullet from 15 yards away. That was either some Final Destination type shit or someone else fired the gun.

by Anonymousreply 2109/26/2013

Its sad to say, but at this point I DON'T CARE!!!!! If people are irresponsible enough to leave a gun around, fuck it. Better the kid than me.

by Anonymousreply 2209/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.