Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Blondie biography "Parallel Lives"

It's a good read so far. Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Keith Moon and Roger Daltry all tried to sleep with Debbie, who remained loyal to Chris Stein. Daltry got pissy about it.

Patti Smith refused to perform on the same bill with Blondie.

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013

Does it mention Dagwood's hunger strike and why she never appeared pregnant with Alexander and Cookie?

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

Yeah, Blondie was kinda of a joke in the punk scene, and when they got successful everyone hated them.

by Anonymousreply 204/10/2013

Blondie and The Go Gos both rose above punk to become successful pop acts. They decided they liked pop better.

by Anonymousreply 304/10/2013

Did her and Joan Jett ever hook up?

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

There are photos of Joan & Debbie sitting close together in the book but no dish. The official account is that Debbie & Chris were entirely monogamous.

I hadn't realized how much Clem Burke and Jimmy Destri brought the the classic Blondie sound. It explains why Deb's solo hits dried up when the band ended - the power pop was truly a group effort.

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

Debbie's solo career flopped primarily because just as it was starting out, Chris Stein became life-threateningly ill, which shifted her priority to taking care of him. She certainly would've had a more successful pop and acting career if that hadn't been the case. I don't think Debbie needed the band, after all their/her biggest hit, by far, was Call Me, which was written and produced by Giorgio Moroder. He used his studio musicians to record it, it was really a Debbie solo track. The guys had no involvement other than backing vocals. I'm sure Debbie could've had a nice string of dance-pop hits with Giorgio and similar producers.

by Anonymousreply 604/11/2013

Did she actually claim she was Marilyn Monroe's secret daughter?

I should have thought of that!

by Anonymousreply 704/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.