Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Animals that routinely beat humans in intelligence tests

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

Um, all of them, Katie?

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

And which tests are those? I think my dear departed parakeet Fred would be right up there.

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

Crows make and use tools, have a memory that last years, and can speak to each other with a vocab of over 250 sounds.

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

W&W for R2.

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2013

Crow does a sequence to solve a problem

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2013

Crows use cars as nutcrackers.

I wasn't joking about my parakeet Fred. He would play (and masturbate) so hard with the swing in his cage that he'd routinely knock it down. (he'd also routinely fall off his perch out of excitement) Fred also had a ladder in his cage. When he first started doing all of this, he'd stare down at the fallen swing. One day I saw him at the bottom of the cage, swing in beak and he appeared to be struggling to get it up the stairs. I saw this several times. My roommate didn't believe me until he saw it himself. I got home one day and he was practically screaming "Fred tried to drag the swing up the stairs!"

I guess he managed to observe people putting the swing up and managed to make the association.

by Anonymousreply 704/09/2013

My fucking German Shepherd. We spend hours per week trying to stay ahead of this bitch. This is our fifth GSD and by far, incredibly far, the smartest. You always hope you are going to get a really smart dog, until you truly get one!

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2013

Don't forget the octopus. They're very good at problem-solving.

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2013

I liked the story of the oceanic lab which was finding its crabs eaten overnight with shells laying everywhere. They set up cameras and reviewed the footage the next day to find that one of the octopus would open its aquarium, crawl across to the crabs, have a meal and then crawl back to its home.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!