Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead' Surges Up UK Chart

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013

This is why I love living in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

This is why I'm an Anglophile!

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

From Billy Bragg

[quote]This is not a time for celebration. The death of Margaret Thatcher is nothing more than a salient reminder of how Britain got into the mess that we are in today. Of why ordinary working people are no longer able to earn enough from one job to support a family; of why there is a shortage of decent affordable housing; of why domestic growth is driven by credit, not by real incomes; of why tax-payers are forced to top up wages; of why a spiteful government seeks to penalise the poor for having an extra bedroom; of why Rupert Murdoch became so powerful; of why cynicism and greed became the hallmarks of our society.

[quote]Raising a glass to the death of an infirm old lady changes none of this. The only real antidote to cynicism is activism. Don't celebrate - organise!

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

Still ... How not to feel the faintest surge of joy?

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

Blissful. Reminds me of when the BBC contrived to keep the Sex Pistols' "God Save The Queen" from No.1 during Silver Jubilee year.

There'll be Ding Dong parties everywhere next Wednesday, which might just give the editor of The Daily Mail his own long-awaited stroke. (At least there's a vacancy at The Ritz.)

by Anonymousreply 504/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.