Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Retired' actress Amanda Bynes continues to hit the skids -- in New York

NY Post

by Anonymousreply 2605/24/2013

Drugs or mental illness?

I'd say mental illness because she's letting her appearance really go and there are reports of really bizarre behavior but maybe she's so into drugs that it's affecting that badly. I've heard of heroin junkies keeping together better than her.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

Big deal, she's smoking pot. Just like nearly half of all adult Americans.

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

R2 most sane, responsible people do it in the privacy of their own homes. Risky to do it in public and may reveal how far gone she is to just spark up in the street like that. She seems disconnected to reality or where she is.

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

[quote]Just like nearly half of all adult Americans.

Riiiiiiiiight. You mean half of the adult Americans who travel in *your* social circles.

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

No R4, wrong.

[quote]In a 2007 study psychologist Louisa Degenhardt of Michigan State University and her colleagues found that 43 percent of U.S. adults aged 18 or older have tried marijuana at least once.

You should try some. It may help with that stick lodged in your ass.

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2013

If you can't run down to Duane Reade for a few minutes without sparking up you've got some problems.

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2013

[quote] It’s not the first time Bynes smoked openly in public. In December, spies saw Bynes at a Duane Reade “blatantly smoking [a suspicious-looking cigarette] and she had lipstick all over her face.”

Oh yeah, half of all Americans are lighting up in Duane Reade.

by Anonymousreply 704/09/2013

The reports of her busting out into tears after her wig fell off and she failed at a cartwheel are pretty funny. She clearly needs help, and I feel compassion, but I can't help but laugh at the mental image.

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2013

Mental illness with major self-medication, and huge distrust of her family's attempts to help her, because they're the ones who pushed her into show business in the first place?

Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2013

A hair salon actually called police as she was leaving because she was acting so bizarre.

One comment: "She was recently kicked out of a gymnastics class for coming out in her underwear."

Wow, I'm thinking she's schizophrenic but what drugs is she on?

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

It seems theatrical to call the police because someone is acting odd. Odd is not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

Schizophrenia hits women older - men at 20 to 28 - women at 26 to 32

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

R3, to be fair to dear Amanda---she did try smoking it in her home, but the HOA kicked her ass out because of the smell of marijuana smoke. What's a girl to do?

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

Her latest tweet:

I'm suing every blog, every magazine, every news source that's saying I'm doing anything wrong "erratic behavior" is not me! I'm suing In Touch, Us Weekly, Perez Hilton for hiring paparazzi who follow me then take the worst photos with the worst angles. I'd like to put up their worst photos on my twitter until they only start putting up my twitter photos when writing a story when there is NO story, just an awful photo posted with instead of a caption, they say I have erratic behavior when I do NOTHING wrong. There's NOTHING with my life, other than you putting up awful candid photo after photo. I'm working out, it's hard getting in shape with an eating disorder. Please follow me on twitter then look forward to be sued if you if say I have erratic behavior or am living my life wrong in anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

I thought Twitter had a character limit?

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 1804/11/2013

Seems like she wants attention any way she can get it, so she's doing a Lindsay Lohan career move. Who was even talking about her a couple of years ago?

by Anonymousreply 1904/11/2013

Wow, she was so cute when she was younger. I remember thinking she was very poised and confident for a teenager--sharp and funny. She's really hit the skids. She looks like a strung out russian hooker.

by Anonymousreply 2004/11/2013

[quote] the 27-year-old retired actress appeared without a care in the world as she puffed away.

Maybe that's because she doesn't have a care in the world. She made millions before she retired, and can live comfortably on them the rest of her life. She can also walk around smoking joints if she wants, with no consequences other than from the nosy media. She didn't get arrested, because it's a minor "crime" and NYC is a very liberal city anyway. Maybe a cop would check it out if he personally saw her with a joint, but even then it's not like she'd go to prison.

I think she probably smokes too much pot if she's doing it in public, and by too much I mean that it's hard on the lungs, but it's also none of my business.

by Anonymousreply 2104/11/2013

She's 27 R12. Just the right age.

by Anonymousreply 2204/11/2013

[quote]She made millions before she retired, and can live comfortably on them the rest of her life.

Uh, no, R21. Not unless she lives out the rest of her days in a broken down trailer park in a flyover state. "Millions" goes up in a puff of smoke if you don't VERY carefully and shrewdly managing your money. She's livin' la vida loca in NYC. Her money will be gone by the time she's 30 and she'll be on Celebrity Rehab.

by Anonymousreply 2304/11/2013

Doubt it. This is more likely a theatrical ruse perpetrated by amanda herself. Much like the one perpetrated by Juaqine Pheonix. I'm sure she's just fine.

by Anonymousreply 2405/07/2013

Whenever I see an Amanda Bynes story, I don't think about her and her predicament. I think about how fucked up and heartless we become as a society that she is being paraded around in the media for laughs and fake pitty.

Really disgusting, not Amanda, but what we have become as a "reality TV" culture.

by Anonymousreply 2505/07/2013

BREAKING!!! Amanda Bynes arrested after throwing a bong from her apartment window near Times Square!!!

by Anonymousreply 2605/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!