Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

LGBT-friendly vacation spots

Wondering if anyone has a spot they go to regularly?

My BF, friends and I are hoping to find something quiet - something with a nice cabin or small house to rent.

Has anyone been to Saugatuck? Any recommendations there?

Any other suggestions to check out (particularly in the Midwest?)

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2013

Russian River area of Northern California. Lots of nice vacation rentals, the Pacific minutes away. A world class zip line through the redwood canopy. Wine country etc. Very LGBT friendly.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

I've been to Saugatuck, although many years ago. I found it to be really lovely and low key. Lots of natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

more ideas?

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

I used to have a second home in Saugatuck. It's a quaint little town, decent beach, some cute shops and restaurants. It's a nice weekend getaway from Chicago, but I don't think I'd travel from a great distance to get there. P-Town or other places like that have much more to offer in terms of a critical mass of shops, restaurants and gays.

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

Rocky mountain national park in Colorado. Fly into Denver, and drive about an hour and a half into the mountains. Beautiful scenery, hiking, and animal watching. Very gay friendly as well.

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2013

P-Town seems like an overcrowded, overpriced tourist trap.

by Anonymousreply 704/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

P-Town in the summer is generally overrun with hetero day-trippers now, even on weekdays.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

Ogunquit, Maine

by Anonymousreply 1004/10/2013

If you like beaches OP

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

Affordable, quiet gay vacation towns

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

[quote]P-Town in the summer is generally overrun with hetero day-trippers now, even on weekdays.

Ptown is still predominately gay from the Crown & Anchor on down to the West End. The West End is entirely gay and always will be. The East End, around the art galleries, is predominately gay, too. The heteros stay mainly around the center of town, but everyone mixes beautifully in Ptown.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

How about just go somewhere you want to go, honestly...

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

Ptown in the fall is beautiful and quieter than summer but still pretty festive with theme weekends for Bears and Women and Carnival. Also Ogunquit is GREAT this time of year and the piano bar at the Front Porch is very fun. Og though seems more straight than Ptown but not an issue at all.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

Asheville, NC is terrific. Beautiful, quirky and very gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

R14 Wow. That is truly the most helpful comment I've ever read on Datalounge.

I can't even imagine how I could continue my day to day existence without that deeply profound thought. It enriches and enlightens us all.

by Anonymousreply 1704/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!