Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Secret Video of Mitch McConnell Talking About Attacking Ashley Judd’s Mental Health

How freaked out was Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) about a possible election challenge from movie star Ashley Judd? So freaked that in February he assembled a secret meeting of advisors on how to use a "wealth of material" from the actress' mental health history to paint her as an egomaniacal "mentally unbalanced" anti-Christian hysterical lady.

And, of course, they recorded the meeting.

On the 12-minute clip from that strategy session, obtained by Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief David Corn (of 47 percent video fame), McConnell can be heard telling his oppo crew: "This is the Whac-A-Mole period of the campaign…when anybody sticks their head up, do them out."

His brain trust then takes over. "I refer to [Judd] as sort of the oppo research situation where there's a haystack of needles, just because truly, there's such a wealth of material," the leading aide offered.

Much of those riches, the aide continued, centered around Judd's struggles with depression and family fame:

She's clearly, this sounds extreme, but she is emotionally unbalanced. I mean it's been know, she's suffered some suicidal tendencies. She was hospitalized for 42 days when she had a mental breakdown in the '90s.

The aides note that crazy ladies clearly also think crazy things about basic building blocks of American civilization, like consumerism, Christian patriarchy, and hating the homosexuals. "Like I said," the top aide told McConnell and Co., "you know, we're still drilling down and there's a wealth of material, and it's just hard to get all the way around it." They must have been so bummed when Judd declined to run.

by Anonymousreply 2704/12/2013

Well McConnell certainly qualifies for egomaniacal and mentally unblanced.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

Now is she the one with Hepatitis-in-remission- or the one who looks like a trucker in drag?

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

Typical. They defend by attacking.

[quote]McConnell campaign manager Jesse Benton said in a statement: "We've always said the left would stop at nothing to attack Sen. McConnell, but Watergate-style tactics to bug campaign headquarters are above and beyond."

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

R2, Naomi, the mother in her 60's, is the one with hepatitis in remission.

Wynonna is the very good, famous singer who looks like a truck driver in drag.

Ashley is the pretty movie star actress who has brains and education.

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

This could finally destroy him. A mean old man picking on an innocent woman... Bad for his image.

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2013

And don't even get me started on that puffy face.

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2013

Now where'd I put my chin?

by Anonymousreply 704/09/2013

Even uglier than he is on the inside, Mitch McConnell has the ugliest facial features in D.C. He is the devil himself, with looks that kill.

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2013

R7 you beat me to it.

I'd rather have a slightly kooky actress in that seat than Foghorn Leghorn, the Chinless Wonder.

That lack of a chin makes him look like an 85 year old lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2013

Mitch McConnell is a big ol' cunt! She needs to go in this next election.

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2013

[quote]movie star

Am I in a time warp? Is it 2001?

by Anonymousreply 1104/09/2013

She really wanted this. I think it wrecked her marriage. Bet the Repugs paid her off. Everyone has a price; it's not like she's been making a lot of movie money lately.

by Anonymousreply 1204/09/2013

I hope she changes her mind.

by Anonymousreply 1304/09/2013

"Bet the Repugs paid her off."

by Anonymousreply 1404/09/2013

That kind of conversation goes on in every canpaign in the country. Who cares!

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

Is it true that even most other Republicans hate him?

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

I'm glad Ashley got about before it really got ugly. Republicans run the dirtiest campaigns with the most vitriol personal attacks on each other and against the Democrats. The ghost of Lee Atwater still resides in the house of the GOP.

The party of God isn't so godly when it comes to politics... or anything else for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2013

"an egomaniacal "mentally unbalanced" anti-Christian hysterical lady."

sounds about right. We even had to put her in the bin for a while.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2013

"an egomaniacal "mentally unbalanced" anti-Christian hysterical lady."

That sounds EXACTLY like mitch mcconnell

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2013

Bingo, 19! W&W.

by Anonymousreply 2004/10/2013

Will the Dems make a big deal out of this or will the ignore it like they did with the Vitter scandal?

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2013

R22, please read R3. We get you. We got you way before you even had a reflex like your bro. Mitch. Please look out for him. He might need a nice helmet-polishing one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 2304/10/2013

Anyone would be an improvement over McConnell, who indeed does look like the dykey elder actess who played the role of "Mom" in the regrettable Dan Ackroyd film "Doctor Detroit".

Nevertheless, Ashley "Judd" Ciminillo Franchitti is as crazy as a bag of rabid gophers.

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2013

A Kentucky Democratic operative claimed Thursday that two leaders with a local liberal group were the ones who secretly recorded a February strategy session with Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and his aides.

The allegation comes after McConnell claimed his office was bugged, following the publication in Mother Jones magazine of the recorded meeting -- where aides could be heard bashing then-potential challenger Ashley Judd.

Jacob Conway, who is with the Jefferson County Democratic Party, said that two leaders with the group Progress Kentucky told him at the time that they recorded the session.

by Anonymousreply 2504/11/2013

So, he wouldn't....

Judd is absolutely bat shit and had ZERO chance of winning.

How long did she stay in the race? 3-4 days?

by Anonymousreply 2604/11/2013

On the news this morning, they said the people doing the recording just happened to be in the building and heard the discussion from out in the hall.

by Anonymousreply 2704/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!