Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Republican Defends Law Forbidding Oral Sex

Apr 8, 2013

[quote]Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli is defending a law that forbids consensual oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 3304/09/2013

Do these people have nothing else to do???

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

So this means that he's never received or performed oral sex? What a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

What a liar.

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

Wait, I thought Republican voters were supposed to abhor government intervention in people's lives.

You know, "Don't Tread on Me" and all that?

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

He means homo oral sex, not hetero oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2013

What is this fringe republican fixation on sex?

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2013

No blowjobs for Ken!!!

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2013

I sure would like to perform oral on that journalist in the video clip--David Parkman. Hot.

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2013

Libertarians are every bit as hypocritical as Republicans. Just ask famous Ayn Rand worshipers Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Paul Ryan for THEIR views on gay oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2013

R5 Watch the video. He wants to ban it for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 1104/09/2013

I love how the caption in the video is calling him "can kuch in delhi"

by Anonymousreply 1204/09/2013

Not true, R5. Did you watch the clip? He wants to criminalize ALL anal and oral sex, heterosexual as well as homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 1304/09/2013

This guy is now too extreme even for VA. It will be fun watching him get defeated, though I'm sure he's popular in the Lynchburg area.

by Anonymousreply 1404/09/2013

You bitches have no idea what I have to go through to keep my vibrator collection hidden.

by Anonymousreply 1504/09/2013

I think he's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 1604/09/2013

How would that even be enforced? I can't imagine other repubs going along with this, since they seem to be ones engaging in oral sex in places where the risk of being caught is greatest, such as men's rooms and public parks.

by Anonymousreply 1704/09/2013

I wish someone would just ask these guys in public why they're so fixated on sex.

by Anonymousreply 1804/09/2013

I don't think they really are, R18. It's just campaign strategy. He's looking for free press and talking about oral sex is a quick and effective way to get a TON of coverage. I guarantee Colbert and Stewart will be spit roasting him within the week. Any press is good press. Also, he knows he'll get the fundies on his side. They are a HUGE voting block in the backward, hillbilly states.

by Anonymousreply 2004/09/2013

[bold](bang bang bang)

by Anonymousreply 2104/09/2013

This is meant to target gays and prostitutes since it would only affect public sex since they cannot monitor what goes on behind closed doors unless they are planning on doing surprise raids on homes in the off chance someone happens to be doing one of these acts.

by Anonymousreply 2204/09/2013

And yet, R22, there's plenty of laws out there banning public sex. I have problems believing that these idiots would be doing that much strategery.

by Anonymousreply 2304/09/2013

So much for small government

by Anonymousreply 2404/09/2013

[bold] 10 Years After They Were Declared Unconstitutional, 14 States Still Have ‘Sodomy’ Laws [/bold]

Ten years ago this June, the Supreme Court struck down Texas’ ban on “[d]eviate sexual intercourse” in Lawrence v. Texas, declaring in the process that the law may not criminalize non-commercial sexual activity between consenting adults. As Dana Liebelson reports, however, 14 states still have anti-sodomy laws on the books nearly a decade after the Supreme Court declared them unconstitutional. These include four states — Montana, Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas — which specifically outlaw gay sex, in addition to ten other states outlawing oral or anal sex between any two partners. In 2011, Tim Murphy mapped this out: (at link)

Last week, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) filed a brief seeking to keep Virginia’s so-called “crimes against nature” law on the books. Although he claims he’s doing so merely to allow prosecutions against adults having sex with children and similar crimes, he had the opportunity to vote for such a narrow and constitutional sex ban when he was a state lawmaker. Instead, he voted to keep Virginia’s broad and unconstitutional ban on the books.

by Anonymousreply 2504/09/2013

If you're anti-sodomy, you have to be anti-oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 2604/09/2013

"How would that even be enforced?"

Oral Sex Drones.

by Anonymousreply 2704/09/2013

There goes the straight male vote!

Well, there goes the sane, rational, non-hypocritical straight male vote, which might be smaller than you think.

by Anonymousreply 2804/09/2013

R7 did you pave the roads and set up the sewage and electrical systems in the totally independent neighborhood you live in? I also assume you have your own military, police and fire departments and grow all your own food.

by Anonymousreply 2904/09/2013

Surprising that Cuiccinelli would take this position in an election year.

The VA Governor's race is this fall and he is in a close contest in the polls with Democrat Terry Mcauliffe.

VA is no longer a red state. It is a purple state. That's why it has 2 Democratic Senators and has voted twice for Barack Obama.

Risky for him to be this right-wing.

by Anonymousreply 3004/09/2013

[quote]I sure would like to perform oral on that journalist in the video clip--David Parkman. Hot.

David Pakman is a progressive political show based in Massachusetts. Had Elizabeth Warren on his show last year.

by Anonymousreply 3104/09/2013

"Just ask famous Ayn Rand worshipers Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Paul Ryan for THEIR views on gay oral sex."

When it was pointed out to Ryan that Ayn Rand was an atheist, he said he had gotten Thomas Aquinas and Ayn Rand confused, and, in fact, it was Aquinas on whom he based his political "beliefs."

Anybody could get the two mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 3204/09/2013

I predict that Virginians will not elect Coo-Coo-Boy as their next governor.

by Anonymousreply 3304/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!