- Richard: The Sexy Scotsman

- Jamie: The Black Irish Beauty

- Matthew Goode: To the Last Drop

by Anonymousreply 2302/15/2015

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

Matthew Goode...

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

The results aren't what I expected. In hindsight, I think I may have linked to a bad picture of Jamie Dornan though.

by Anonymousreply 404/09/2013

You should not have posed it as a poll if you wanted a specific answer. You should have just told us what you thought.

by Anonymousreply 504/09/2013

Jamie looks like the early stages of meth zombie.

by Anonymousreply 604/09/2013

Richard Madden's next film, "long nights short mornings" is said to be About "A 23-year-old who is addicted to love" and "His erotic odyssey". Will it be like Michael Fassbender in "Shame"?

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

I am curious about Richard's Long Nights Short Mornings movie too. By the way, he wins the poll for me, If someone's looks can inspire a crazy Craigslist ad...then they win.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

I didn't want a specific answer, R5...I'm just surprised at the results, that's all.

For purposes of full disclosure: I voted for Matthew Goode since he's most my type. While I find Richard and Jamie to be equally gorgeous, Matthew seems the most debonair.

Anyway, better pic of Jamie is linked.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

Shame on could I have left Henry Cavill off this list?!

by Anonymousreply 1006/20/2013

Jamie Dornan was utterly compelling playing a serial murderer in The Fall. He's got my vote.

by Anonymousreply 1106/20/2013

Richard Madden is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 1206/27/2013

I started this thread a few years ago and it's been on my mind because of how the subjects' careers have blown up...despite the tepid response it received.

Richard Madden will be co-starring with Cate Blanchett in Cinderella (as Prince Charming)...

Jamie Dornan is the man of the hour as the star of Fifty Shades of Grey (even though he's currently last in the ranking)...

and Matthew Goode (who I originally voted for) co-stars in the Oscar-nominated The Imitation Game...

Have opinions changed or is it still a tie between Richard and Matthew?

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2015

No one on your list is better than Matthew Goode. Jamie Dornan comes next, though he's from Belfast, so he counts as a Brit, not an Irishman. Hugh Dancy would come third, Richard Madden fourth. And Cavill doesn't make the list. He was so pretty on The Tudors, but he lost it when he became the British Bulk Buddy.

by Anonymousreply 1402/14/2015

R14, I like your taste! And I'm definitely kicking myself for neglecting to add Hugh Dancy...I think at the time I figured he was significantly older than the other guys. Still, even though he has shit taste in women, Hugh is totally my type of guy.

by Anonymousreply 1502/14/2015

R15, their ages cover a 12-year span, in which Hugh and Matthew are closest in age. Hugh was born in 1975, Matthew in 1978, Jamie in 1982, Richard in 1986. Hugh was the first of these fellows I started to notice, in Daniel Deronda in 2002. Match Point was the first Matthew Goode movie I saw, in 2005. The other two are much newer to me.

I first noticed Jamie in a Calvin Klein ad, and Richard Madden is someone I have only barely noticed. I didn't realize when looking at the Cinderella commercial that he was in Game of Thrones (which I gave up after either the second or third season).

It was definitely Hugh Dancy, though, who opened my eyes up to this new generation of attractive actors from the UK.

by Anonymousreply 1602/14/2015

I just noticed that Hugh Dancy exhibits the same asymmetric ocular orbit condition that Shannon Doherty has.

It's anomalous but not unattractive.

In fact, I like it when otherwise good looking men have one small defect or imperfection like a snaggletooth or wing nut ears. It makes them more vulnerable and human.

by Anonymousreply 1702/14/2015

Shit, my sausage fingers slipped and voted for Jamie. I meant to choose Matthew Goode.

Though Hugh Dancy would get vote if he were in the running.

R15 what color eyes does Hugh have?

by Anonymousreply 1802/14/2015

Hugh's eyes appear to be green in the various pictures I've come across.

by Anonymousreply 1902/14/2015

R17 he's very pretty

by Anonymousreply 2002/14/2015

The fairest one of all is...

1 Richard - handsome man 2 Matthew - pretty boy 3 Jamie - deer in the headlights

by Anonymousreply 2102/14/2015

gotta go with cavill and madden.. both are so pretty but they can still both look quite manly and masculine as well....and i'm "old school" i love muscle, therefore i love cavill as big and musclebound as possible i say!..explains my "thing" for kellan lutz!...

jamie looks too vanilla runway male model dime a dozen for me... although he looks much better with a beard then shaved...

matthew? wouldn't give him a second look if i passed him on the street.. but that's just me...

by Anonymousreply 2202/14/2015

Ha! Now that people know who he is, Jamie Dornan takes the lead. It only proves my theory that the more famous someone is, the better looking they are.

For additional proof: People are claiming Russell Tovey is the hottest guy on Looking!

by Anonymousreply 2302/15/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!