Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What does Barbra do all day?

Is she bored a lot?

by Anonymousreply 4904/24/2013

I wander the various shoppes in my basement. I occasionally tend to the koi pond.

by Anonymousreply 104/08/2013

Probably bosses poor James and the gardeners and housekeeping staff around.

by Anonymousreply 204/08/2013

1:00 wake up

2:00 assistant summarizes press clippings

3:00 blow job for James Brolin

4:00 hair and makeup done

5:00 walk around the garden

6:00 dinner

9:00 bed and television

by Anonymousreply 304/08/2013

Are you kidding? She doesn't blow Brolin. She has the money. He has the 'emotional availability' as she raved about early in their relationship when they 'stayed in bed all day'. I guarantee you it is Brolin who's goin' down.

by Anonymousreply 404/08/2013

Plays Parcheesi.

by Anonymousreply 504/08/2013

Sorry, 3:00 and 4:00 were out of order. Hair and make up done, then the blow job for Mr. Brolin (or I do it, if Miss Streisand is busy with her other assistant for those "big movie plans" she wants to begin in her 70's).

by Anonymousreply 604/08/2013

It could be blind item bullshit, but I was sad to read a year or 2 ago about the "award-winning singer/actress/etc. who wandered the empty overlit rooms of her mansion at night, listening to her old records at top volume."

What's even sadder is that Babs doesn't drink or get high, so she's filling the hours with "A STAR IS BORN" or "STREISAND SUPERMAN" without even a buzz or a giggle.

by Anonymousreply 704/08/2013

She claims she never listens to her music once she's done recording the album. So I doubt if the blind item is about her. She's too critical of herself to want to do that.

by Anonymousreply 804/08/2013

R7, just add "while smoking crack" to that BI and the answer will appear obvious.

by Anonymousreply 904/08/2013

Imagine Downtown Abbey but with a staff ratio of 20 to 3. Boring. Maybe Jason lives with her and she picks out his clothes every day, and two of the girls do their nails and hair. She has lots of conference calls but the staff gossip about how nothing ever gets done. Brolin runs the staff crisply as Mr. Carson.

by Anonymousreply 1004/08/2013

Watches A Star is Born (1976) once a day and masturbates.

by Anonymousreply 1104/08/2013

Is it true that she puts rose petals into the toilet before she takes a shit?

by Anonymousreply 1204/08/2013

I didn' do nuthin' today, but...

I plan to let you happy me, summer me, winter me, always be mine.

by Anonymousreply 1304/08/2013

Eats chocolate and watches dogs hump each other.

by Anonymousreply 1404/09/2013

She goes to the supermarket in old Peking! That always works to burn an afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 1504/09/2013

She has one nail done by her live in Korean manicurist each day. It takes seven hours. That doesn't leave much time for loneliness.

As she puts it, "Twenty-four hours of Me Time every day - To Life!"

by Anonymousreply 1604/09/2013

I love this thread

by Anonymousreply 1704/09/2013

It takes all day for Barbra and Ryan to debate who's the top:

by Anonymousreply 1804/09/2013

lord she sounds amazing at r18...forgot about that one.

by Anonymousreply 1904/09/2013

Well, for a fascinating time, Barbra suggested I watch her nine-part YouTube appearance on The Actors Studio.

Barbra was right. It's fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 2004/09/2013

She's busy learning the score to "Gypsy", while Victor Buono accompanies her on the piano...

by Anonymousreply 2104/09/2013

She plays those early tv shows like that one with all the electrical gadgets like hoovers, and those early albums. God, she was good then ..

by Anonymousreply 2204/09/2013

I wonder what the simple folk do.

by Anonymousreply 2304/09/2013

Ultimate Cage Fighting.

by Anonymousreply 2404/09/2013

Yes such wit!

She looks after her large property in Malibu, she breeds roses in her gardens, and I'll couch her habit of collecting and selling all manner of furniture, art, (dolls), etc. in this catagory-

She day trades (stock) apparently loves it.

She runs her foundation and manages her other philanthropic efforts (e.g. Cedar Sinai Women Heart Disease Center). Included here is her political activism and donations based on:

She reads political materials and keeps records on the voting records of Senators and Congressmen (probably her staff does this.)

She probably is always involved in some pre or post production project when it is an album, movie, concert or TV project. I'll couch here related show business affairs like award shows, honors, promotions, interviews etc.

She reads scripts and works with her musical producers to find material.

And she travels and tends to her private life.

Streisand is reputed to be one of the hardest working women in show business even though she says she is lazy. I think she is driven in almost everything she does.

She does not listen to her music unless it is still in production in which case she listens to everything to do with it until the last minute before it goes into final production.

The flower pedals in the toilet thing is a tabloid story she has repeatedly denied along with the no one can look at me directives- she has a "truth" option on her website where she corrects inaccurate press stories about her.

My guess is she has a huge correspondence going on relevant to her show business, philanthropic and political activities and efforts. Surely she has a staff that keeps track of most of it.

And this is what complicated folks do (she never sang the "Simple Folks" song from Camelot.)

by Anonymousreply 2504/09/2013

She runs up and down the grounds of her compound shouting "Avigdor, wait!"

by Anonymousreply 2604/09/2013

She's the Heath Ledger troll.

by Anonymousreply 2704/09/2013

#2 is right. She's constantly remodelling and redesigning her digs. That anal retentive book she wrote about her architectural achievements, against all odds, was unintentionally scary/funny.

I bet her stepdad made her sleep on the couch and let Roslyn have a pretty fluffy pink bedroom, and she's never gotten over it.

by Anonymousreply 2804/09/2013

Since her former property in Malibu was once briefly open to the public, I can tell you what she used to do----

-model, re-model and re-model again (down to the smallest detail) the various houses on her property;

-import plants and trees from all over the world, constantly changing the plants and trees;

-supervise a large staff who worked on maintaining the grounds.

-that property has (or had) four small houses all decorated differently, and a larger house where she lived with her son and Jon Peters (& other men later), but even the 'larger' house was quite small, but very nice) by Hollywood standards;

-this is the property where Steisand held her "One Voice" concert" in the 1980s. Although, it is not on Pacific Ocean (her current property is on the Pacific...she moved across the street), it is great location, near the canyons;

-finally she fought with the neighbors about all the imported plants and trees constantly blocking the road...her compound was (is) at the end of road with about 15 much smaller houses. The neighbors eventually took her to court, and won...limiting the daily traffic to her property.

Okay, has anyone visited her present property on the ocean?

Oh, I forgot...anyone who visited her old property received tea and mints (with no limits on the mints, you could go back as often as you wanted...I am not kidding, although my guess is the staff had to count the remaining mints at the end of the day).

I wonder if anyone is still reading...and if anyone is wondering everything is 100 per cent true (yeah, hard to believe).

by Anonymousreply 2904/09/2013

[quote]and tends to her private life.

Are you trying to say a significant portion of her hours are spent fucking James Brolin?

by Anonymousreply 3004/09/2013

I can't tell if r25 is answering in jest....or really thinks about Barbra that much.

by Anonymousreply 3104/09/2013

Will Barbra go to see Bette as her friend Sue Mengers on Broadway? Will Barbra bring her little flashlight and annoy everyone with it while she looks things up in her Playbill like she did it Follies? Will the flashlight match her dress?

by Anonymousreply 3204/09/2013

The first thing Barbra does when she wakes up is verify that the restraining order against Richard Simmons is still in effect.

by Anonymousreply 3304/10/2013

Hot MILF seeks anonymous cum loads along PCH. Anal preferred, bareback only. Your girl in the limo is a young 52, cute face and long painted nails, GREAT body and straight 70's style hair. No handicapped! You must be 8 and thick to ride this bus.

by Anonymousreply 3404/10/2013

Barbra eats several Kit Kat bars and a box of Ritz crackers while endlessly talking on the phone to Donna Karan as both of them watch Jane Fonda's workout DVD for women of a certain age.

by Anonymousreply 3504/10/2013

My cousin's friend who is a stylist to ALL the big names in Hollywood says that Barbra spends all her time on IMDB playing "Jew/Not A Jew".

by Anonymousreply 3604/10/2013

Barbra should join us on DL. It is really quite a lot of fun once you get used to the tone!!!

by Anonymousreply 3704/10/2013

What do I do all day? I paint my fingernails. It takes a long fucking time.

Then I sing "The Best Thing You've Ever Done."

by Anonymousreply 3804/10/2013

Then my husband walks into my bedroom (not his bedroom, my bedroom), and I sing:

"I've Never Been a Woman Before."

by Anonymousreply 3904/10/2013

[quote] Will Barbra bring her little flashlight and annoy everyone with it while she looks things up in her Playbill like she did it Follies?

Barbra saw FOLLIES?!

by Anonymousreply 4004/10/2013

Several times a day, I parade up and down the street in my village shoppe in my basement, I stop, turn, look in the mirror and say, "Hello, Gorgeous."

by Anonymousreply 4104/10/2013

Today I wandered the canyons of Malibu and came to a Stoney End. It was the perfect day.

by Anonymousreply 4204/10/2013

Damn, Barbra really was something else. Man-o-Man, a voice from heaven.

"He Touched Me"

by Anonymousreply 4304/10/2013

Her XIII retirement tour continues in Europe and Israel.

by Anonymousreply 4404/10/2013

yes r40 in NY too, not in LA....I stand by my story.

by Anonymousreply 4504/10/2013

I wonder if she's making big birthday plans

by Anonymousreply 4604/24/2013

big Pussy-hound, Bush supporter

by Anonymousreply 4704/24/2013

Happy Birthday Babs! (You old bag)

by Anonymousreply 4804/24/2013

She probably admires the art, looted from the Jews during WWII, that she bought at bargain prices.

by Anonymousreply 4904/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!