Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How Do I Get Over My Hypocrisy Regarding Religion?

I'm agnostic and tend to claim that I don't care for any religion, but I find I'm more tolerant of Christians and Muslims than I am Mormons and Scientologists. Really, each of those religions are homophobic, sexist, etc.; so why do I find it fairly easy to make a distinction?

The reason I find this subject curious is because I can't stand Elisabeth Moss, Michelle Stafford, Christopher Masterson since they're Scientologists...yet I think they're all extremely talented (and Christopher is soooooooooooooo fuckable...as the linked side-by-side with Matt Bomer proves).

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013

You aren't a hypocrite. Scientos and Mormons are loads worse than others.

by Anonymousreply 104/09/2013

The latter two are actual religions? At least Islam and Christianity have amazing artistic history.

by Anonymousreply 204/09/2013

I'm an atheist, but I can respect a person's faith, as long as they don't try to force it on others. Christians and Muslims tend to be the ones who try to impose their dogma on others more than other religions. So think of it that way. As long as what they are doing doesn't impact your life or anyone else's think of their religion as some sort of hobby they enjoy, like stamp collecting or needlepoint.

by Anonymousreply 304/09/2013

Scientology isn't a religion. It's a bunch of whacked out cultists that are in it for money.

by Anonymousreply 404/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.