Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andy Cohen book signings

Can you just imagine the scum of the earth that must show up to these? He's doing a whole week of them. It boggles the mind.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5704/10/2013

Probably a lot of fat housewives attend.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 104/07/2013

He gets a bunch of trashy fraus who want to be on a reality show.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 204/07/2013

He is so immature its embarassing to watch.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 304/07/2013

Him and Chelsea Handler are the two laziest late night hosts out there. Chelsea has had five breaks since November, Andy has had atleast four. Chelsea only makes 4 new episodes a week from Monday to Thursday on a normal week. Andy will tell us when "Watch What Happens" returns how exhausting signing books was.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 404/07/2013

Chelsea seems mad at the world lately....somethings up with her.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 504/08/2013

Chelsea's being replaced this week by the Kardashians.

If I were her, I'd be LIVID.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 604/08/2013

I'm watching Chelsea now. Could she look more bored?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 704/08/2013

Too bad James Holmes will be unable to attend.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 804/08/2013

He seems to be in love with himself.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 904/08/2013

R8 Ugh that's not right man

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1004/08/2013

He plugs that fucking book as if its his only means of income.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1104/08/2013

He makes my skin crawl. My god, how many network runners give themselves a show?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1204/08/2013

Aw, Andy socializing with the common people. He'll probably asks for wipes everytime he had to shake someone's hand.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1304/08/2013

It's weird how DL hates practically all openly-gay celebs, but whatever, carry on freaks!

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1404/08/2013

Andy is a bad fag, because he plays a campy court jester for the straight folk's entertainment. I prefer my gay heroes to have more dignity.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1504/08/2013

The book is really good, too bad you bashers haven't read it.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1604/08/2013

[quote]The book is really good, too bad you bashers haven't read it.

I hear it is short listed for the Pulitzer.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1704/08/2013

So he's a writer now, is he?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1804/08/2013

I loathe Andy as much as the next person, but I think R4 is being a bit disingenuous when Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert do the same damn thing.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 1904/08/2013

What is the book about?IHim?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2004/08/2013

I always think a thread like this reveals more about the bitter and envious flyovers who post than it does about the supposed subject, in this case, Andy Cohen who for what it is worth is a terrific guy.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2104/08/2013

'quote]I always think a thread like this reveals more about the bitter and envious flyovers who post than it does about the supposed subject, in this case, Andy Cohen who for what it is worth is a terrific guy.

Why do you assume they are "flyovers" (which reveals something about you)? Gay guys on the coasts seem to hate everybody and everything -- including Cohen -- just as much as everybody else on DL.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2204/08/2013

[quote] Andy Cohen who for what it is worth is a terrific guy.

He may be a nice person...but he has contributed to the decline of the culture.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2304/08/2013

I agree with R23.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2404/08/2013

[quote]The book is really good, too bad you bashers haven't read it.

I read it and it was lousy. Just because you can write a book doesn't mean you should. How interesting is your life when the last third of your autobiography is about a bunch of real housewives?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2504/08/2013

It was kind of funny when he did the Charlie Rose show (yes Charlie Rose had him on.) He kept referencing Top Chef and Nee Nee and other people and things like Rose would of course know who they were. (Charlie Rose seemed to die inside a little bit with each word of the interview.)

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2604/08/2013

You can't compare Stewart and Colbert to "Watch What Happens Live" and Chelsea Handler (who I think is hysterical, btw). The Daily Show and The Colbert Report aren't talk shows. They're well researched, well written, satires that take a helluva lot more of an effort to air than pop culture references, TV show recaps, and shots of vodka.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2704/08/2013

R5 Chelsea always seems mad at the world. Her whole "bored bitch" persona is really stale and unfunny.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2804/08/2013

LOL I had this thread on my thread watcher the past couple days...and today I sign on Facebook to find a "friend" posted pics of herself with Andy Cohen at one of his signings!!

by not Kathy Griffinreply 2904/09/2013

[quote] I prefer my gay heroes to have more dignity.

Then look elsewhere for them. You moron.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3004/09/2013

The book's a sell-out on amazon and the good reviews just keep coming.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3104/09/2013

r31...post photos of yourself at the book signing so why can ridicule you.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3204/09/2013

[quote]post photos of yourself at the book signing so why can ridicule you.

I'll see what I can do. What you think of me really matters to me. In the meantime, let's see what you look like. Can't wait to see.

BTW, what do you do in life that make you feel so superior?

Have you made millions of dollars doing something you love to do? Thought not.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3304/09/2013

He's spends his time promoting trashy lowlifes so it's easy to figure the people who will rush to his book signings.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3404/09/2013

The NYT did a story on Andy I think a year or so ago. The story painted Andy in rather an unfavorable light as someone who is only interested in people that could help him professionally/socially. Of course we are all like that to some extent but he came off as completely devoid of any depth and sincerity.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3504/09/2013

[quote]he came off as completely devoid of any depth and sincerity.

He makes trashy reality shows, what were you expecting, Alistair Cooke?

Just because he's out & gay & successful, you expect him to tick all the slots in your need for a role model, father figure and fantasy boyfriend.

No wonder you're disappointed.

It's quite clear and it's absurd.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3604/09/2013

[quote]The story painted Andy in rather an unfavorable light as someone who is only interested in people that could help him professionally/socially

I've heard this before about Cohen and the same thing was said about his good friend Diane Von Furstenburg. SNOBS.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3704/09/2013

Hot moobs!

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3804/10/2013

r30/r31/r33/r36 Please kill yourself. It won't get better for you. Jump!!!!

by not Kathy Griffinreply 3904/10/2013

The sad part is I think he is kind of funny and an interesting interviewer when he isn't talking to all the Bravo reality trash.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4004/10/2013

[quote]Then look elsewhere for them. You moron.

r30, my point exactly. Trash like you gravitates towards trash like him.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4104/10/2013

[quote] Trash like you gravitates towards trash like him

I'm not trash and I'm not gravitated towards him.

Good luck looking for your gay role model/father figure.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4204/10/2013

He is a gay walkng minstrel act.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4304/10/2013

Confidential! Don't spread it around BUT the other day someone at the club told me he's a...well dare I say it...a jew!! Shhhh!!! Don't let it get out. We don't want to cost him work with our silly chatter!!! Please!!! Discretion at all times!!!

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4404/10/2013

But how can that be r44? Surely if he were Jewish it would be mentioned on his show, at least in passing..Seriously, though, does Kathy hate him? And why?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4504/10/2013

I can't say I know him well, but I've dealt with him professionally. He's one of those celebrities who's pretty much exactly what he appears to be. In this case, shallow, petty, and attention-seeking.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4604/10/2013

shh...r45....the gestapo could be reading this.

Ich been Catolic. My father is linguist.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4704/10/2013

r46 Please go into detail! When did you meet him. Give us some stories.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4804/10/2013

Does Kathy hate him?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 4904/10/2013

My boyfriend is a big fan of Andy Cohen and most of the Bravo shows.

When the book came out in hardcover I met him for one of the first signings which was held at the downstairs bookstore of The Fashion Institute of Technology. We got there an hour before it began and it was already mobbed.

Half of the crowd were young fashion students and the rest were a cross section of ages and types. Everyone was enthusiastic and excited.

It took another hour for us to reach Cohen who was very charming signing and posing for pictures while sitting on a couch.

I occasionally watch his show and have sampled the Bravo shows none of which I am a regular viewer of.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5004/10/2013

Here you go frothers, a video from a book signing. Melt down about these diabolical people to your heart's content:

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5104/10/2013

some great big fat girls waiting for Andy in Atlanta

is he coming to Buffalo?

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5204/10/2013

There are some jealous bitches here!

My 'B' list status still trumps your class envy.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5304/10/2013

Of course he's going to have crowds at his books signings. He's touring Bumfucke USA and in this fame crazed culture we live in, he is going to be the only celebrity they will ever see in person. A Paperback signing tour, Andy? Seems a little desperate. Maybe he self published.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5404/10/2013

[quote]The sad part is I think he is kind of funny and an interesting interviewer when he isn't talking to all the Bravo reality trash.

I agree, I've seen him on other shows as a guest and he's not as obnoxious as he is when he's doing his own show and talking about the Housewives bullshit, I hate that crap. He comes off less manic and more focused and smart when he's just on his own.

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5504/10/2013

I'll drink to that!

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5604/10/2013

Chelsea has just rubbed out another of her fabulous books, so she'll be out on the autograph circuit shortly.(She seems to have given up her hosting job on Chelsea Lately. And I doubt that she wanted to have the Khardashians take over her show. Soon it will be theirs!)

by not Kathy Griffinreply 5704/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.