Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beyonce and Jay Z Blasted For Cuba Vacation

Love the box braids!

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2013

It must be nice being besties with the Prez. I wonder if someone gave them a heads up that the trade embargo with Cuba was going to be lifted once the Castro's were out of the picture? Can you say Cohiba, yo?

by Anonymousreply 104/06/2013

Janet did box braids much better.

by Anonymousreply 204/06/2013

What's new? Little Mr & Mrs We Can Do Whatever We Want.

by Anonymousreply 304/06/2013

It's not hard for Americans to go to Cuba. You can go directly from Mexico or Canada and Cuba doesn't stamp your passport at all. It's pretty easy to get a visa to go there as well.

by Anonymousreply 404/06/2013

I want to go without having to go through Canada first!

by Anonymousreply 504/06/2013

Then go through Mexico, r5

by Anonymousreply 604/06/2013

Is it those white repug Cuban's in Miami that are the ones doing the complaining? I read somewhere that some of them are mad because Beyonce and Jay Z dared to socialize with black Cuban's. To them Afro Cuban's are invisiable and shouldn't even be acknowledged.

by Anonymousreply 704/06/2013

I don't care either way.

by Anonymousreply 804/06/2013

they are breaking the law. end of story.

by Anonymousreply 904/09/2013

These coloreds wouldn't be so uppity if I hadn't been defrauded.

by Anonymousreply 1004/09/2013

I'm no Bey and JayZ fan but isn't this whole Cuba hate thing a little stale now?

It's 2013 for fuck's sake, not the 1960's. Castro's got to be close to death if not already dead.

by Anonymousreply 1104/09/2013

Something in me hopes that R9 lives in a Red state where sodomy is still illegal.

by Anonymousreply 1204/09/2013

Janet did sodomy much better.

by Anonymousreply 1304/09/2013

The point is, they got a "cultural" visa to visit the country but the visit was probably to check out the cigar industry. When Castro steps down, the state dept. will most likely relax tourist restrictions, and will open trade with the island. JayZzzz wants to get in on the ground floor as an investor and distributor of Cohiba cigars in the States. The finest cigars in the world. As well as opening up some kind of nightclub or hotel on the island. Are you all really that naive? What upsets some people is how the administration probably stepped in and got the okay for them to visit the island. I have to say this about getting Cuban exiles and Cuban Americans riled up. You DO NOT want to be their shit list.

by Anonymousreply 1404/09/2013

How hard is it to go to Cuba nowadays? I was under the impression when I saw this story that it must be really difficult and thought it was strange when I read that the Treasury Dept. approved the trip somehow. Then I checked my e-mail and had something from my state bar association marketing some special tourist trip package to Cuba that was also some company that got approval from the Treasury Dept. to organize trips:

"Historically rich. Culturally diverse. Environmentally magnificent. For decades, the Caribbean’s largest island—roughly 90 miles away from U.S. soil—has been but a mystery, perceived through secondhand sources and beyond the grasp of American travelers.

This exclusive opportunity to explore Cuba is organized and operated by Go Next, Inc., who has been issued a People-to-People license by the U.S Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) that authorizes registered travelers of the educational exchange program to visit Cuba. Go Next invites you to personally experience the people, culture, landscape and architecture of this distinct Caribbean nation on a week-long journey developed for the Illinois State Bar Association.

With an intimate group of only 25 travelers, share enriching activities that illuminate the realities of Cuban citizens and provide an ideal gateway into their daily lives. Through informative and educational People-to-People exchanges, uncover Cuba’s sheer beauty, paradoxes and remarkable intrigue on this unforgettable adventure. Space is limited, so sign up now. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to unravel the mysteries of a fascinating country through its most candid, inspiring source—its people."

by Anonymousreply 1504/09/2013

Does he still sell crack? Maybe he was there to check out possible suppliers.

by Anonymousreply 1604/09/2013

Ruh roh. JayZzz says the White House was aware of his visit to Cuba. THEY are claiming ignorance. And he said it in another innane rap, oh sorry, Hip Hop ode to mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 1704/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!