Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Comedian John Mulaney

He's hilarious and I love him. He created the Stefon character on SNL.

I hope his pilot gets picked up.

by Anonymousreply 9301/28/2015

I like him too.

by Anonymousreply 104/05/2013

He's a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 204/05/2013

He looks really good lately. He was on The Jeselnik Offensive this week and he looked REALLY cute.

by Anonymousreply 304/06/2013

Ok, this is a better video. Less open wounds.

by Anonymousreply 404/06/2013

I think he's pretty funny too but you boys can have him - I hope his pilot gets picked up because my SNL crush Nasim Pedrad was recently cast in it

by Anonymousreply 504/06/2013

I know he claims to be straight and even jokes about how people are surprised given how gay he looks and acts. But my god, he must be the gayest straight man alive. I think he's engaged or married to a woman but I foresee many furtive men's room encounters in his future.

by Anonymousreply 604/06/2013

Really, R6? I've seen all of his standup and other appearances, and I don't get a gay vibe at all. Not like I do Tosh or Jeselnik.

by Anonymousreply 704/06/2013

He's straight. We were at Georgetown together. He fucked my roommate a bunch of times. She said he was always paranoid that he would get her pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 804/06/2013

He's not biting in manner or tone, which I appreciate. Some comics just drip with disdain.

by Anonymousreply 904/06/2013

No edge. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 1004/06/2013

He's leaving SNL and taking Nasim Pedrad with him. The show sounds promising, but it's NBC so ...

[quote]The as-yet-unnamed comedy stars Mulaney as a New York-based stand-up comedian who writes for a game show host played by Martin Short. Pedrad would play his roommate Jane, a sweet but lazy teacher. Comedian Griffin Newman will play his wacky other roommate, while Elliott Gould has signed on to play their gay neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 1104/06/2013

He's a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 1204/06/2013

He's so cute. Also a recovering alcoholic. He talks about having been blackout drunk a lot.

Wonder what kind of emotional pain he was trying to deal with... hmm?

by Anonymousreply 1304/06/2013

[quote]He's straight. We were at Georgetown together. He fucked my roommate a bunch of times. She said he was always paranoid that he would get her pregnant.

More details please, R8. Body/cock size/quirks.

I love him, and your roommate was a lucky bitch!!

by Anonymousreply 1404/06/2013

That actually sounds like a fun premise for a sitcom. And it's got Martin Short, to boot. Yay.

Please don't fuck this up NBC please don't fuck this up NBC please don't fuck this up NBC please don't fuck this up NBC please don't fuck this up NBC please don't fuck this up NBC please don't fuck this up NBC please don't fuck this up NBC...

by Anonymousreply 1504/06/2013

For those who don't know his work, I recommend you watch his Comedy Central special, NEW IN TOWN, available through Netflix. I love when he talks about Law and Order.

by Anonymousreply 1604/06/2013

I wonder why he never got bumped to a cast member on SNL like a lot of writers do. Instead he's going straight from SNL writer to sitcom star.

by Anonymousreply 1704/06/2013

He auditioned for cast member and was rejected.

He talkes about it in this interview.

Apparently he calls himself a "formerly gay child"?

God knows why Men's Health wanted to interview him, though.

by Anonymousreply 1804/06/2013

There are plenty of comedians with "edge" and even more who lamely work at it. That's more yawn-inducing to me, R10. Mulaney is kind of a male Ellen Degeneres; eminently likeable.

by Anonymousreply 1904/06/2013

He's an Emmy winner!

by Anonymousreply 2004/06/2013

A clip from New In Town:

by Anonymousreply 2104/06/2013

Oops, here's the link!

by Anonymousreply 2204/06/2013

His standup is really good. Wish there was more of it.

by Anonymousreply 2304/06/2013

I don't get that Stefon character

by Anonymousreply 2404/06/2013

R6, John Mulaney, Michael Ian Black, and Moshe Kasher all incorporate jokes about how gay they come across into their standup. Which of the three would win gayest straight man alive?

by Anonymousreply 2504/06/2013

John Mulaney, R25.

He pings so loud he gongs, as some say.

by Anonymousreply 2604/06/2013

R25, probably Moshe. He is EXTRMELEY gay. Then maybe Michael Ian Black.

Mulaney comes off more silly than gay, but I think his jokes about being gay are much funnier than Kosher's.

by Anonymousreply 2704/06/2013

R24, that's because you're flyover, or old, or both.

by Anonymousreply 2804/06/2013

He writes all of the Stefon segments. Will there be no more Stefon?

Anyway, I would fuck the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 2904/07/2013

Get naked and post pictures, Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 3004/07/2013

Get in line, Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 3104/07/2013

His Xanax story is fuckin awesome.

by Anonymousreply 3204/07/2013

Come back, R8, and give us the John Mulaney sex gossip.

by Anonymousreply 3304/07/2013

I found his girlfriend on Twitter. I'm following her and sending her nasty tweets.

by Anonymousreply 3404/17/2013

Pilot filmed yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 3504/24/2013

His sitcom sounds a lot like Seinfeld. Stand-up comic plays himself, with a best friend (George), a girl friend (Elaine), and a wacky neighbor (Kramer).

by Anonymousreply 3604/24/2013

Gross. His character's name is just Mulaney. It's very pompous. Why can't he just be John? Seinfeld didn't have people going around calling him Seinfeld. It was always just Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 3704/24/2013

I stumbled on his stuff a while back and I've become a big fan. My favorite bit is his "What's New Pussycat" story which had me roaring, and I'm not a laugh-out-loud sort.

I hope we see more.

by Anonymousreply 3804/24/2013

That was horrible, R38. Boring and unfunny and long. How did he get his own show with this horrible material?

by Anonymousreply 3904/24/2013

Because he's hilarious, R39 aka guy who hates everything.

So is he going to still write for SNL if his sitcom gets picked up? I would guess not, which I guess would mean the end of Stefan.

by Anonymousreply 4004/24/2013

Why would it be the end of Stefan? Jason Hater isn't leaving SNL.

by Anonymousreply 4104/25/2013

I'm going to see his show in San Francisco this weekend. I'm going to try to sleep with him afterwards. Comedians are receptive to groupies, right? Will report back with how big his cock is.

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2013

He seems short and dreadfully unfully.

by Anonymousreply 4305/04/2013

R42, ar you a chick. I follow him on Instagram nd he. His girlfriend seem genuinely into each other. She's very pretty, too,the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4405/04/2013

He's 5'11.

by Anonymousreply 4505/04/2013

Damn he's cute.

by Anonymousreply 4605/04/2013

He looks kind of weird. He looks like a fish with one eye on each side of his head. And that voice, my God. He takes getting used to. Now that I've seen him a few times he doesn't look or sound as weird. Hopefully that will be the case with his sitcom. People will get used to him.

by Anonymousreply 4705/04/2013

I would like to see his anus

by Anonymousreply 4805/05/2013

NBC announced some new shows for next season today, and his how was not one of them. I'm not sure what that means, though.

by Anonymousreply 4905/09/2013

[quote]Why would it be the end of Stefan? Jason Hater isn't leaving SNL.

Bill Hader performs Stefan, but John Mulaney writes him.

by Anonymousreply 5005/09/2013

a former gay child who grew up to be a straight man? huh? explain....

I think I may hate him.

by Anonymousreply 5105/09/2013

really r8...he fucked a girl in college so he's straight....Do people really still think like this?

by Anonymousreply 5205/09/2013

He got engaged today. To a woman.

by Anonymousreply 5305/09/2013

how convenient....NBC announces it's fall season this Sunday......GAY!

by Anonymousreply 5405/09/2013

I'm not into his standup, but he's got that nerdy, insecure look that's right up my alley.

by Anonymousreply 5505/09/2013

I guess his show didn't get picked up?

by Anonymousreply 5605/10/2013

right r56 NBC passed on it....I bet he dumps the fiancee.

by Anonymousreply 5705/10/2013

This is very disappointing. But maybe when they announce their full schedule it will be on it?

by Anonymousreply 5805/11/2013

Must have been a pretty dreadful pit for NBC to pass given their relationship with Lorne michaels and the fact that they have all least five sitcom holes to fill.

by Anonymousreply 5905/11/2013

It was always meant as a midseason replacement.

by Anonymousreply 6005/11/2013

No r60....just no

by Anonymousreply 6105/11/2013

I was looking forward to seeing this every week.

by Anonymousreply 6205/12/2013

He and Ryan from Million Dollar listing NY have similar anuses

by Anonymousreply 6305/12/2013

Fox picked up the show.

by Anonymousreply 6401/11/2014

Cute face, wide womanly hips.

by Anonymousreply 6501/11/2014

He often jokes about his wide, womanly hips.

by Anonymousreply 6601/12/2014

FOX ordered more episodes and it's on their Fall schedule. Great news!

[quote]MULANEY – From Emmy Award-winning writer and comedian John Mulaney (“Saturday Night Live”) comes MULANEY, a multi-camera ensemble comedy series about a rising stand-up comic trying to take his career to the next level and the friends and mentors who lift him up, hold him back and push him around. JOHN MULANEY is a 29-year-old comedian working the stand-up circuit and looking for his big break. But life drastically changes when self-centered comedy legend and game show host LOU CANNON (Emmy Award winner Martin Short, “SCTV,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Father of the Bride,” “Primetime Glick”) hires Mulaney as a writer. Lou may be John’s entrée into the world of big-money show business, but he’s also a total nightmare. Still, the job represents everything Mulaney thinks he wants. But does he really? And, at what cost? And what does it say about him if he quits? And what does it say about him if he stays? And has Lou had work done? Mulaney’s life becomes a tug-of-war between the stress of his new job and his guilt over not being there for his two best friends and roommates: JANE (Nasim Pedrad, “Saturday Night Live”), a tightly wound, yet directionless personal trainer; and MOTIF (Seaton Smith, “Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell”), a powerhouse comic who shares nothing in common with Mulaney – except the world of stand-up. Rounding out this odd group of friends is ANDRE (Zack Pearlman, “The Inbetweeners”), a trust-fund baby who has a knack for showing up in Mulaney’s life at the worst possible moments. If Mulaney has one refuge from the chaos that surrounds him, then it’s his neighbor, OSCAR (Academy Award nominee Elliott Gould, “M*A*S*H,” “The Long Goodbye,” the “Oceans 11” franchise), a 71-year-old gay veteran of New York who has seen it all. Oscar is opinionated, refined, gentle, wise and sometimes extremely cantankerous, but most of all, he’s an oracle of sound advice when Mulaney feels like life has gone off the rails. A unique mix of ensemble comedy, stand-up performances and an observational point-of-view, MULANEY is a show about the big questions in life: how hard they are to answer and how easy it is to maybe just ignore them and pray they go away. MULANEY is produced by Universal Television, Broadway Video and 3 Arts Entertainment. The series is created and written by John Mulaney. The series is executive-produced by Mulaney, Lorne Michaels (“Saturday Night Live,” “30 Rock”), David Miner (“30 Rock”), Dave Becky (“Louie”), Jon Pollack (“30 Rock”) and Andrew Singer (“Portlandia,” “30 Rock”). Andy Ackerman (“Seinfeld”) serves as both director and executive producer.

by Anonymousreply 6705/12/2014

bump

by Anonymousreply 6805/12/2014

Thanks for posting that, R38. I was about to. That's one of the funniest routines I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 6905/12/2014

Trailer for the show:

by Anonymousreply 7005/23/2014

He got married.

by Anonymousreply 7107/13/2014

I wonder if he's the person behind Stefon's Twitter account (@yay_Stefon)

by Anonymousreply 7207/13/2014

Any pics of him shirtless anywhere? I find him weirdly hot. Seems to have a tight body under those comedian clothes.

by Anonymousreply 7307/13/2014

I wanted him to be gay. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 7407/13/2014

any nudes of this guy? he is way beyond hot.

by Anonymousreply 7507/13/2014

R76, we are all DYING to know who you think is hot, who you think is not "another extremely average AWG."

by Anonymousreply 7707/13/2014

The writeup at R76 sounds awful. Roommates with a personal trainer and an old gay neighbor? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 7807/14/2014

He's lucky as fuck NBC didn't pick it up. It would have aired between Sean Saves the World and The Michael J. Fox Show and would have been cancelled after 3 episodes.

Now he gets to air between New Girl and The Mindy Project which seems like a much better fit.

by Anonymousreply 7907/14/2014

He got married to that Jewish girl, huh? She's really pretty. But the dude is getting his own show, he should've waited to see what came of that before locking any chick down.

Anyway, this guy is hilarious. Check out New In Town on Netflix.

Also, SNL has seen a huge decline since he left last year.

by Anonymousreply 8007/14/2014

John Mulaney married his fiancee Annamarie Tendler on Saturday, July 5, Us Weekly can exclusively confirm. The former Saturday Night Live writer and the makeup artist and author tied the knot in Boiceville, NY at the Onteora Mountain House.

Mulaney, 31, and Tendler were feted by some of their famous friends, including Seth Meyers, SNL actress Nasim Pedrad, Nick Kroll and Amy Poehler, an insider tells Us. (Mulaney is currently working on the Kroll Show in L.A.)

In lieu of a wedding gift, the bride and groom asked for guests to donate to the Innocence Project, which helps wrongfully convicted individuals through DNA testing.

The writer took to his Instagram following their nuptials to share an intimate snap from the big day with the caption: "July 5, 2014. On a beautiful and perfect day, I married a beautiful and perfect woman. I wish I could live it over and over again. (taken by @jessepafundi)."

The new spouses first met years ago during a Massachusetts getaway. "After a group vacation to Martha's Vineyard, John rode shotgun while Anna drove a carload of people home," the couple shared on their wedding site. "He did bits the whole ride and killed. They were not dating at the time, but Anna knew they would be soon after."

Credit: Brian Killian/Getty ImagesJohn Mulaney, Annemarie Tendler and friends Mulaney has kept mum about his relationship for the most part. However, he did tease last year that his hairstylist love gives him free haircuts during a New York magazine interview. In December 2013, they also attended the Sleep No More New Year's Eve Party in NYC with friends Kroll, Poehler, David Cross and wife Amber Tamblyn.

Before his years at SNL, Mulaney—who celebrated his bachelor party in Las Vegas in May—worked as a Comedy Central intern. Up next, the actor-comedian is slated to star in his own FOX comedy, Mulaney.

by Anonymousreply 8107/14/2014

The Emmy winner and his wife:

by Anonymousreply 8207/14/2014

What a horrible picture. It makes him look like a giant.

by Anonymousreply 8307/15/2014

[quote]"After a group vacation to Martha's Vineyard, John rode shotgun while Anna drove a carload of people home," the couple shared on their wedding site. "He did bits the whole ride and killed. They were not dating at the time, but Anna knew they would be soon after."

Who the fuck is the narrator here? They have an omniscient voice narrating their life??

by Anonymousreply 8407/15/2014

[quote]He got married to that Jewish girl, huh?

What Jewish girl? Is she widely known or something?

by Anonymousreply 8507/15/2014

[quote]I love when he talks about Law and Order

Me too. His impression of Ice-T is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 8607/15/2014

Yikes at the picture @ R82. Is she a midget or something?

by Anonymousreply 8707/15/2014

he's like 6'3" I met him today and he was taller than me (6'1")

he's SO sexy. stringy ex-suburbanites, why do I love them

by Anonymousreply 8801/21/2015

Maybe his humor wouldn't be so dull if he came out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 8901/21/2015

Umm he did not strike me as the least bit gay.

by Anonymousreply 9001/21/2015

His show is really embarrassingly awful.

by Anonymousreply 9101/21/2015

Lick me

by Anonymousreply 9201/21/2015

He needs my cock in his ass and mouth!

by Anonymousreply 9301/28/2015
Need more help? Click Here.