Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scam job offer???? Anyone else gotten this?

Good day,

Please, take look at the following offer.

Transnational Deliveries incorporated has opened the vacancy of a courier employee. In the event you have received this letter, that means the online recruiting department officers have seen your CV online, as our recruiting department is searching for job applicants on the web.

TND inc is a European company which is situated in Poland (Warsaw). This corporation provides retail trade and forwarding of many items (mostly modern electronics equipment) and vending it to European customers. We have been rather prosperous in this business since 2005.

Your obligations will involve receiving items and forwarding them via United States Postal Service and a lot of other services.

You do not have to put in anything from your pocket. The wage is $1,500 monthly minimal amount and it is based upon every task rate with unlimited peak.

The requirements will be the following:

- aged 18 years old minimum - be located at specified address on a regular basis - a computer equipped with web option - possess daytime contact dial number.

You do not need to have any optional room for storing the products.

This letter will be regarded as an official offer of employment and it does not deal with any suspicious activities.

In case you are interested, do not hesitate to let us know about it via email.

by Anonymousreply 6104/23/2014

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Didn't your mother school ya, OP?

by Anonymousreply 104/04/2013

I know it's a scam R1. I just can't figure out what the scam is.

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2013

Scam. They just change the company name.

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2013

Smuggling. And guess who gets caught holding the bag?

Actually, probably just collecting information

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2013

It's likely a wire transfer scam. You get a "check" from the company and are expected to wire money from your own account in the amount of that check to an overseas account. The check bounces and you're out the money you wired.

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2013

GOT MINE TODAY MAKE IT AT LEAST MORE OF A CHALLENGE. WAKE UP!!

by Anonymousreply 604/10/2013

What R5 said.

by Anonymousreply 704/10/2013

any job offer starting with Good Day is suspect.

by Anonymousreply 804/10/2013

Seems legit to me-as long as you possess daytime contact dial number.

by Anonymousreply 904/10/2013

scam - see R5, money laundering and you are the chump that gets ripped off in the process

by Anonymousreply 1104/10/2013

I saw one of those on judge Judy tv show where the person wasn't able to cash the check after she worked for the secret shopper company, so gave the check to a family member. Who in turn gave cash for the value of the check, when the second person deposited the check to her account, it obiously bounced, and she was charged by the bank for the amo.unt, and ofcourse the first person wouldn't return the cash... Judy Judy ftw I just got my email today for this scam, this is the second or third one in a few months

by Anonymousreply 1204/10/2013

Take it to the bank on the check and see if they will cash it. If you take it to your bank they may cash it and charge it back to your account when it bounces and charge you the bounce fee.

by Anonymousreply 1304/10/2013

Is Warsaw in Nigeria?

by Anonymousreply 1404/10/2013

I answered an add for a secert shopper. Even got the check- over $2,500. They said I'd have to cash the check (into my account) and wire the money and fill out a form about my experience. I got to keep $100 and wire the rest...well...that's it. I still have the check. Anyone know if I cash it at a Check Cashing place, what would happen? Could I keep the money?

You're kidding right? You must know how that scam works by now. When you cash the check and keep just 100 and wire the rest, ten days later it bounces and your bank then removes the balance from your account (for which you got to keep only 100). It's a very old scam that plays off the time it takes for an international check to bounce.

by Anonymousreply 1504/10/2013

Ha I remember when the dipshit teen mom Farrah fell for that scam. Hers was over her shitty Dodge Neon that she was inexplicable selling for 8 k. Some guy said he wanted to buy it and would she ship it to him, he sent her 8000 and asked her to wire back 3000 for some reason only Farrah would fall for, and then his check bounced and he got 3000 from her.

by Anonymousreply 1604/10/2013

I got it and they are registered with the better business bureau. So I'm gonna try it out.

by Anonymousreply 1704/10/2013

What did you get r17? Are you sure about the BBB affiliation? I have heard lately that the BBB is all about money and grift. Be careful and let us know how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 1804/10/2013

"Transnational Deliveries"

This reminds me, I haven't watched "Locked up abroad" in a while.

by Anonymousreply 1904/10/2013

There seems to be a phone version of this scam. I received a call from a 732 exchange. It was someone with a heavy Indian accent looking for someone with mobile IT skills to fill a position. When I pressed him about the position, he reluctantly said it was with verison and that I would have to sign a contract with his firm, which he wouldn't identify. It sounded like he was calling from a call center -- you could hear other voices in the background.

by Anonymousreply 2104/10/2013

My partner almost got scammed on craigslist. We were looking for a puppy, and this guy said that he had purebred bulldog puppies, and he only wanted money for shipping ($300 a puppy). He only wanted the puppies to go to a good home, he said. He wanted the money wired to him, then he would ship them (red flag). I emailed him, and said that I thought they would make a nice soft rug, and he said 'great, wire the money and I will ship them '. It amazes me people fall for this.

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2013

Just got the transnational email & it sure is fishy. Let's see, why would a Poland based company send goods to the U.S. for them to be reposted out to a European address? The "I haven't seen locked up abroad lately" comment is funny as hell,& might b true! Haha, yeah I'm gonna get right on that job opp.....don't think so. Need to brush up on the scam attempts. "You need to pull nothing out of your own pocket..... Except bail money!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2304/19/2013

Its an email hacking scam they got me already. They go on sites like snag a job where your resume is viewable and they pray on people who need a job because they are the ones likely to open the email not people who already have a job

by Anonymousreply 2404/24/2013

Just got it today

by Anonymousreply 2504/26/2013

Please from my own dreadful experience, do not fall for this scam from Nigeria. The FBI have been trying to track the dirty low down con artist. I know I was scammed out of $3000.00. Please pass information to the bank or FBI. Trust me!!!!""!

by Anonymousreply 2604/30/2013

I've seen versions of this scam email. The tip-off is poorly written English; DL's grammar troll would have a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 2704/30/2013

I received the job offer this morning. I suspect that it is an illegal import scam or drug smuggling scam. They ship to your home...you forward the package. All is great until the drug dogs hit on the package during shipping. Busted.

by Anonymousreply 2805/01/2013

OMG! Now you tell me, OP!

I sent them a cashier's check for $15,000 as my "signing bonus."

I'm still waiting for the company rep to show up with my training manual and company BMW.

by Anonymousreply 2905/01/2013

I received the same email today and contacted my local Better Business Burea who had received a lot of complaints about this company. I have since deleted the email and will not reply to any future emails from this company.

by Anonymousreply 3005/01/2013

yeah i got this message but i did not understand anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 3105/02/2013

The other thing is this: They purchase electronic equipment with stolen credit card numbers, get the shit sent to your address (because they need an American address), and you turn around and remail it to Poland. Finally, the cops catch up to you and you have to explain it. This particular scam was on 60 minutes years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3205/02/2013

You could always turn the tables. I love stringing them along, then F-ing them in the ass. It's called Scambaiting.

One guy got so mad when I told him I knew it was a scam and wasted all his time he said he was going to come to my house and kill me.

Well bub, I used a fake IP to create a fake email account. Good luck with that. You cant even afford the ticket over here anyway.

Oh, but I am not the only one in on this fun. The website listed below has examples of scammers who got tricked by their prey to send their photo. Then it gets posted.

Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 3305/02/2013

I'm just wondering what percentage of recipients have a CV, have it online, or know what one is.

by Anonymousreply 3405/02/2013

I have a CV but I would not post it online. My employer here in the states required it.

You are right though, its more of a European thing. Most people in America use a resume.

by Anonymousreply 3505/02/2013

[quote] . I emailed him, and said that I thought they would make a nice soft rug, and he said 'great, wire the money and I will ship them '. It amazes me people fall for this.

Love this!

by Anonymousreply 3605/02/2013

I got it and signed up they sent my first in the mail it contains wat it said was going to be in it on the website I'm going to go through with it and see if it s a scam or not

by Anonymousreply 3705/12/2013

R37, Even my Bank of America had a sign on the outside of the door warning customers about payments from strangers in foreign countries; be very careful as you're in too deep already.

by Anonymousreply 3805/12/2013

Anyone with an actual CV online who falls for something like this ought to repeat 7th grade.

by Anonymousreply 3905/12/2013

So I just received the ipod touch and since they are scammin ppl should I jus enjoy MY new ipod????

by Anonymousreply 4005/21/2013

Well you certainly shouldn't ship to where the scammers said to, R40.

I'd notify your internet provider and local law enforcement's fraud unit. If the scammers contact you looking for the ipod, tell them you were told it was purchased with a stolen credit card number. That should shut them up.

Bear in mind that in all likelihood it really was bought with a stolen card number. You may need to return the item eventually and/or explain the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 4105/21/2013

[quote]So I just received the ipod touch and since they are scammin ppl should I jus enjoy MY new ipod????

You in danger, girl!

by Anonymousreply 4205/21/2013

Well this is the funny part about it they aren't sending a check they are using western union the don't have my credit information or my social so they can't try anything and I saved all emails just in case law enforcement does try to come get me

by Anonymousreply 4305/21/2013

R38 I didn't give NY information like social or any of that and they are sending me a check either its coming through western union lol so they could try

by Anonymousreply 4405/21/2013

Scam companies always use Western Union; clear sign that they aren't legit. Harder to trace, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 4505/21/2013

R44, Don't even think of cashing that check at your local bank.

by Anonymousreply 4605/21/2013

Its coming thru western union not through a check typo

by Anonymousreply 4705/21/2013

R47, Still how will you cash it?

by Anonymousreply 4805/21/2013

Um, R48? Western Union is a cash service. Sender pays with cash and the amount they send is picked up as cash on the other end.

by Anonymousreply 4905/21/2013

Right r49 thank u so its sounds legit to me even if it isn't I won't be put in jail I saved all messages so it will be worth it

by Anonymousreply 5005/23/2013

it's a scam trust i know they will not pay you so you will have worked for free they got me already i have been waiting to get paid but they have failed to do so and they stopped sending me tickets lol i felt so stupid but like they say if it sounds to good to b true it is

by Anonymousreply 5105/25/2013

R51 what method of payment did u use

by Anonymousreply 5205/27/2013

r51 maybe you should take the money they're sending you and buy a "." button and a shift key.

by Anonymousreply 5305/27/2013

yes it is a scam, all looks legit even up to the paper work trail but they dont pay you and when its time to be paid after all the shipping plus bonus they delete ur posts.

by Anonymousreply 5407/04/2013

That's funny....I got that recently to...actually about a few mins ago at 11:30pm...A little late for any business to be contacting me. But I'm assuming it's a scam, there's definitely something weird going on if other people don't use the technique of selling things overseas for profit...probably some law interferes with it.... The newer I phones cost around 500-799$ when they came out in Japan or china...imagine buying the same 99$ I phones here and making a good 100$ profit if you wanted to... Doesn't ebay ship overseas?

by Anonymousreply 5504/09/2014

I got this today and knew it was junk when they referred to them as Apple gadgets so I clicked reply all to get all of the email addresses to block. If you don't do reply all and just select junk mail you will miss one address that is coming up as a blind email address. Do reply all then cut the "TO" addresses bring up junk mail options and select blocked senders and add them one at a time. The junk option sometimes wont read them one if you try to do both in Outlook.

by Anonymousreply 5604/11/2014

My friend Julie says you'd be an absolute fool if you didn't jump at the opportunity to work for this company.

by Anonymousreply 5704/11/2014

If they offer to pay you through paypal then it is legit. I did this type of work for about 6 months. They send you item to your home through UPS or FedEx then you ship them to where they need to go

by Anonymousreply 5804/16/2014

This is what I believe this to be... There are several web sites that buy and sell stolen credit card numbers. I believe this company Transnational is buying these stolen credit card numbers and then quickly charging expensive re-sellable electronics to these cards, but they are using USA shipping points. Then when you receive the "package" you will forward it to another destination. It's called "scrambling shipments"

by Anonymousreply 5904/16/2014

Just received an email regarding Transnational Immediate Delivery company. It sounded suspect to me. So I sent an email to this company to let them know how I felt and also to let them know I will be researching them and contacting any authority I need to if they are scamming. I agree with the blogger who said it sounded like a drug smuggling business and anyone getting caught up in this business would be the one holding the bag. Glad I trusted my instinct. Also, there were misspellings in email and that makes me leery too.

by Anonymousreply 6004/23/2014

Is anyone dumb enough to believe that companies need to conduct mass email head hunts for fricking COURIERS in 2014?

by Anonymousreply 6104/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.