Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Washed-Up Stars Desperate for Money and Attention

Has anyone ever attended one of these "shows"? Apparently they're so desperate for attendees that they're GIVING away tickets. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 13204/13/2013

Angie Dickinson!

Bobby Crawford! JOHNNY CRAWFORD!

DL fave Carol Lynley!

Earl Holliman!

Lynda Kaye Henning!

RON ELY!

by Anonymousreply 104/04/2013

Carol Lynley always wears the same gold sweater - and she loves to have breakfast with fans - she is a doll. Always pleasant to talk to - and has a good memory about her career and will answer any question!

Carroll Baker is a bit reserved but certainly kind to everyone who talks to her and answers questions as well. Loves to talk about James Dean and Giant.

The only surly participant I ever saw was Val Kilmer....

Only costs a few bucks. You pay if you want an autograph or a photo taken. Why not? The crazy fans are easy to spot and avoid....

Where else could you meet Laurie Mitchell star of QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE and ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE?

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2013

[quote]Only costs a few bucks.

The Goldstar ad is showing the full price as $30! That's not "a few bucks" in my book.

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2013

There are too many to mention coming to this thing that I thought were dead. So that is the good news.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2013

I can't make fun. If this is what it takes to make some money, good on ya.

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2013

Oddly enough, I just went to a cut-rate version of one of these things in Hershey, Pa of all places.

It was mostly a collectables fair in an old high school gym, but there was a room in the back where one could get autographs from "celebrities" and some old pinball machines.

We went because my partner is a pinball machine collector, and he wanted to talk to one of the vendors. This meant I spent an inordinate amount of my day hanging out in this room while he jibberjabbed with the pinball machine people.

Those in attendance were: Eddie Munster, the woman who played Jan Brady in the Brady Bunch Variety Hour (who has the good sense to call herself "fake Jan,) some guy who was in Star Trek: Next Generation as a Romulan (not Worf), a guy who is a zombie on Walking Dead, Mike TeeVee from "Willy Wonka," some Playboy model, and the biggest of all: Bronson Pinchot.

I have to say it was really sort of sad. From what I gathered it was $25 for a pre-autographed picture or $45 for a picture and a personalized autograph.

During the time I was stranded there (which seemed like hours, but was more like 45 minutes), Bronson Pinchot (surprisingly) seemed to be the nicest. He got up and walked around a bit and took pictures (for free) with kids. The Playboy model and Mike Teevee seemed downright sour and surly....probably because no one was interested in them at all. The coolest thing was that Mike Teevee had a large banner behind him that was signed by the entire cast. He wouldn't let you look at it unless you paid for a picture of him. Fake Jan just looked bored and was selling CDs called "fake Jan sings The Blues" or something.

Just sort of sad and fascinating all at once.

by Anonymousreply 904/04/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2013

Geri "Fake Jan" Reischl is a hot mess!

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2013

R7 I always mistakenly thought she was related to Barbara Pepper, the blowsy alcoholic actress who was a friend of Lucy's. She was in many "Lucy" episodes, and also played Doris Ziffel on "Green Acres."

by Anonymousreply 1204/04/2013

I went to the last one a few months ago and it was sorta chaotic. The only person I wanted an autograph of was Virginia Madsen, but her table was mobbed. It felt like a zoo - you know, staring at people who seemed rather bored or sad.

by Anonymousreply 1304/04/2013

Virginia Madsen? Wow her return with Sideways was brief.

by Anonymousreply 1404/04/2013

I love those super-duper-current pix of Carol Lynley, Gunilla Hutton, and June Lockhart!

by Anonymousreply 1504/04/2013

"and June Lockhart!"

Is that bitch still alive?

by Anonymousreply 1604/04/2013

[quote]Is that bitch still alive?

Who you callin' a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 1704/04/2013

R14, the funny thing is Madsen had been scheduled to appear a few months earlier than that but Antonio Sabato, Jr. had been added to the line-up at the last minute and suddenly she was a no-show.

She looked great and seened to be enjoying herself. The only one I felt bad for was Louise Fletcher....nobody was approaching her.

by Anonymousreply 1804/04/2013

I can't make fun of this. There are about 10 celebrities on the list of attendees that I'd love to meet, including Tippi, Angie, Mamie, Diane, and Loni. The funniest thing about that list is that it's alphabetized by the celebrities' first names.

by Anonymousreply 1904/04/2013

I'm amazed Virgina Madsen and Louise Fletcher can't get better work--they both are excellent actors.

I'm not suprised about the others. Even Antonio Sabato, Jr.--he was beautiful in his day (and I would still gladly do him), but he cannot act.

I'm embarrassed for Geri Reischl that she is still trying to get money off of her Fake Jan stint. That show only ran about six episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2004/04/2013

The fake Jan was very traumatic. Almost as traumatic as when Eve Plumb did that prostitute movie.

by Anonymousreply 2104/04/2013

On his Boy Culture Blog, Matthew Rettenmund always runs down his experiences when he regularly attends these events. He makes them seem fun and he's always dishy about his celebrity encounters.

by Anonymousreply 2204/04/2013

Why on Earth would Dean Cain be there? He surely doesn't need the money.

And Paz De La Huerta? $20 for an autographed photo ($30 for the nude one!!!)--is she that hard up?

Jan Smithers shocks me. I've read that she is very reclusive and has a problem with crowds.

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2013

[quote]Why on Earth would Dean Cain be there? He surely doesn't need the money.

Oh, [italic]honey.[/italic]

"Lois & Clark" was well over a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 2404/04/2013

WOW! Some DL Icons on that list...Loni Anderson, Jan Smithers

Earl Holliman?? That old queen? Well, the fans won't be the only ones in earrings and caftans.

I have a friend who is a dlist from way back when and she makes pretty good money on these things.

by Anonymousreply 2504/04/2013

A job is a job. You've got to have money to pay the rent and buy groceries. Everyone's gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 2604/04/2013

I'd still pay money to see One of my first TV crushes, Ron Ely, nekkid.

by Anonymousreply 2704/05/2013

Jackson Bostwick

is an American actor best known for playing Captain Marvel in the first season of the Shazam! television series in 1974-75.

Bostwick controversially was fired from Shazam! two episodes into the second season and replaced by John Davey

by Anonymousreply 2804/05/2013

Sad, sad, sad.

by Anonymousreply 2904/05/2013

Nell Campbell!

I'd love to take a time machine back to the 1980s when she was hosting her club in New York and show her this.

"Your telephone will fit in your pocket. America will have its first black president. And you'll be sitting at a table signing your autograph for money with Loni Anderson and the girls from Petticoat Junction. Oh, there's so much I could tell you about 2013, but I've got to run. Love you, Nell!"

by Anonymousreply 3004/05/2013

[quote]I'd love to take a time machine back to the 1980s when she was hosting her club in New York and show her this.

Oh no doubt. There should be mandatory attendance for any actor on any television show, a Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come experience.

I do regret never going to one while Mickey Rooney was a regular. I would have enjoyed an autographed photo from him.

by Anonymousreply 3104/05/2013

Before Hammaconda we had Barry Bostwick. I'd go to see that.

by Anonymousreply 3204/05/2013

A friend, who's semi famous, says the reason they do it is because it's all cash ie., undeclared income. You can make $10,000 a weekend, and leave with walking around money. Now make that once a month, for a year, and you've got $120,000 untaxed . It's the C -D list celebrities best kept secret. A person told me Linda Hamilton makes $20,000 a day at the bigger conventions.

by Anonymousreply 3304/05/2013

I wish they had these in NY.

by Anonymousreply 3404/05/2013

Half the WKRP in Cincinnati cast will be there.

by Anonymousreply 3504/05/2013

They should show how they look now! Too depressing.

by Anonymousreply 3604/05/2013

Pictures?

by Anonymousreply 3704/05/2013

wow, Rex Smith! He was so dreamy, I guess his looks have faded since he's not using a current photo.

by Anonymousreply 3804/05/2013

I may have to go to this just for the WKRP cast - especially Jan Smithers. Is it just former celebs sitting signing autographs or are there other things going on?

by Anonymousreply 3904/05/2013

[quote]We went because my partner is a pinball machine collector, and he wanted to talk to one of the vendors.

Any chance your partner's initials are MM?

by Anonymousreply 4004/05/2013

R39, that's mostly it. There are vendors also selling memorabilia, but it's primarily celebs hawking autographs and pictures.

They can be fun but one time I went and it just seemed so depressing. Corey Feldman packed up and left early because nobody was approaching him, while the late Jane Russell was a virtual autograph machine, just signing anything that was brought forth in front of her.

by Anonymousreply 4104/05/2013

90-year-old Barbara Hale at a Hollywood Show from last year, sharp as a tack:

by Anonymousreply 4204/05/2013

I have a feeling that I would wind up buying autographs from the real D List folks out of pity.

I'm guessing the hotel cocktail lounge after the show closes might be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4304/05/2013

[quote]On his Boy Culture Blog, Matthew Rettenmund always runs down his experiences when he regularly attends these events. He makes them seem fun and he's always dishy about his celebrity encounters.

These are fun reads -- he is dishy, but respectful (most of the time).

by Anonymousreply 4404/05/2013

Damn, the "What's Happening!!" cast will be there too! I gotta be there.

by Anonymousreply 4504/05/2013

Great link, R44, thanks for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 4604/05/2013

It can't be any more depressing than being a celebrity who can't leave your own home without being stalked by people you want no part of.

by Anonymousreply 4704/05/2013

R42 Barbara Hale looks GREAT for 90!

by Anonymousreply 4804/05/2013

It's amazing that Paz de la Huerta has cycled from annoying BPD Manhattan It girl to supporting role on an HBO series to washed-up Z-list celebrity at an autograph fair within a space of less than three years.

She peaked much too soon. No one in Hollywood will work with her before she even really had a career, and now she's stuck in Sheboygan, WI and Hershey, PA in shopping malls (i.e. the last places she ever wanted to be) signing autographs for dumpy lower middle-class middle Americans (i.e. the last people she would ever want to be around) the next few years, until people completely forget who she ever was.

Sometimes I think karma DOES exist!

by Anonymousreply 4904/05/2013

[quote]And Paz De La Huerta? $20 for an autographed photo ($30 for the nude one!!!)--is she that hard up?

Drugs are expensive, R23. Los Angeles dealers won't front forever, especially after someone gets fired.

t

by Anonymousreply 5004/05/2013

Are you people even gay? Have you ever heard of a sports show? These guys are our sports stars. I go to CHILLER in New Jersey. It started out as a small horror convention and has grown to be the biggest autograph show in the east coast.

I'm a movie fan. I love movies and I collect DVD/Blu-rays and love talking to actors about their work. Thanks to Chiller, I have met Ann-Margret and have my "Bye Bye Birdie" DVD signed to me. I have my favorite "popcorn movie" "The Poseidon Adventure" signed by Oscar winner Ernest Borgnine, Stella Stevens, Leslie Nielsen, "Valley Of The Dolls" by Oscar winner Patty Duke, "Some Like It Hot" signed by Tony Curtis. I have over 120.

Celebs like for the cash but it's also an ego boost to get to meet fans who like you and their work. I haven't had one bad experience. The last show, I got to meet Valerie Harper again and we had a great conversation about Broadway and her upcoming autobiography and I'm grateful I did.

They have two shows a year, the big show is in October, the smaller show is this month

by Anonymousreply 5104/05/2013

That's what I'd hate about being an actor- you can't really choose your roles when the rent is due.

George Clooney had the right idea: do a couple high-paying roles, invest well and spend the rest of your career doing projects you care about.

by Anonymousreply 5204/05/2013

Wow, I didn't know Tippi Hedren was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 5304/05/2013

[quote]A person told me Linda Hamilton makes $20,000 a day at the bigger conventions.

Wow really?! And it's all from autographs and pictures? I had a friend who worked in a hotel in LA and he once mentioned one of these conventions, specifically, what a rough looking 50 something woman she was. She must've been a heavy partyer.

by Anonymousreply 5404/05/2013

Most of these are people even "Dancing With the Stars" or "Splash" wouldn't touch.

by Anonymousreply 5504/05/2013

Virginia Madsen? Really? I blame all you bitches that refuse to watch Scoundrels. Don't make the same mistake with Hatfields and McCoys!

by Anonymousreply 5604/05/2013

[quote]Are you people even gay? Have you ever heard of a sports show? These guys are our sports stars.

Well, no. We're not talking about Joe Namath or Tiger Woods here, we're talking about the equivalent of the bat boys for the Cleveland Indians. These people are, for the most part, the guys who played 5 games in the NFL, and then got cut from the team when their knee blew out.

by Anonymousreply 5704/05/2013

[quote]These are fun reads -- he is dishy, but respectful (most of the time).

I just read the one where he met Gordon Thompson, who told him that Joan Collins was "cunty" the day he auditioned with her! When he introduced himself, she said, "I know who you are, and it's ridiculous darling, you're much too old."

Also, Gregory Harrison seems like a really cool guy and he's still fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 5804/05/2013

[quote]These people are, for the most part, the guys who played 5 games in the NFL, and then got cut from the team when their knee blew out.

To YOU, not to other people. Chiller is always packed and even though I'm not interested in lots of guests, there have been plenty I have been. I love all kinds of movies from A to Z and TV shows, so my Linda Blair signed "The Exorcist" is right alongside my Ernest Borgnine's "Marty". Or my Mary Tyler Moore Season 1 signed by Valerie Harper and Ed Asner who added, "you've got spunk!". But the best part for me is talking about their work with them. When I told Pam Grier that her recent autobiography was the best I had read in years (the truth) she jumped up and gave a big hug and said "Wait! I have something for you." She pulled out a 45rpm record. She recently digitalized her collection and she had some records in her bag that she was giving away to a few people. She gave me her original Sly And The Family Stone record of "Everybody Is A Star" and signed it to me. That was cool. These shows are fun.

by Anonymousreply 5904/05/2013

R58's link is fascinating if you have any interest at all about how these shows work.

by Anonymousreply 6004/06/2013

[quote][R14], the funny thing is Madsen had been scheduled to appear a few months earlier than that but Antonio Sabato, Jr. had been added to the line-up at the last minute and suddenly she was a no-show.

I don't get this. What does Sabato showing up have anything to do with Madsen being there?

by Anonymousreply 6104/06/2013

[quote]A person told me Linda Hamilton makes $20,000 a day at the bigger conventions.

Why does Linda have to resort to this? She got a $50 million divorce settlement from James Cameron when they divorced over a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 6204/06/2013

R23, Dean Cain sounds like someone who would attend the opening of a letter. I saw him this summer at the Dragon-Con parade in Atlanta as one of the celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 6304/06/2013

Who cares what people say r59? I think that's fucking awesome and these same people would love to hang out with Pam Grier and make her smile. How fun! Good for you, if we were friends I would love to see all your cool stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6404/06/2013

great recap R9!

by Anonymousreply 6504/06/2013

Tippi Hedren is a great, smart lady who fights for animal rights. I heard her speak recently and she's so inspiring and cool. Signed autograph for me and we had plenty of small talk. if you are a big Tippi fan go visit her tiger sanctuary Shambala.

by Anonymousreply 6604/06/2013

R61, Madsen is divorced from Antonio Sabato, JR.

by Anonymousreply 6704/06/2013

Oh, thanks R67. I hadn't realized they'd been an item.

by Anonymousreply 6804/06/2013

Isn't there a child involved in the Madsen/Sabato tangle?

by Anonymousreply 6904/06/2013

Can someone please explain "hot mess" to me?

by Anonymousreply 7004/06/2013

Terrible, bad, fugly, pathetic. You get the picture.

by Anonymousreply 7104/06/2013

I can see Linda Hamilton making 20 grand a weekend, what with all the Terminator freaks out there. But, really, she was married to James Cameron and should be set for life, and then some. Sad she's still clinging on to a role created by her asshole ex.

by Anonymousreply 7204/06/2013

How fascinating these events are. Like a WalMart of the has beens. I'm a sucker, I'd feel sorry for the ones getting no attention as well.

by Anonymousreply 7304/06/2013

Were they doing things like this in the fifties? Would have made my life a lot easier.

And longer.

by Anonymousreply 7404/06/2013

[quote]Why does Linda have to resort to this?

Why do you think all people have to resort to it? Some actually like doing it. The show I went to where Linda was, she was hugging and even kissing on the lips. She loved being there talking about her work with fans. My friend has the limited edition "The Birds" Barbie signed by Tippi Hedren and she even drew her own birds on it, her fee funds her habitat. Richard Dreyfuss has an educational foundation he did it for. I have "Jaws" and "Close Encounters" signed by him.

Thanks R64 I had a conversation with Betsey Palmer who had a pivotal part in the original "Friday The 13th. She had been working in a play in upstate NY and on her way home her car dies. The next day the offer came in for this low budget horror film and she took it thinking no one would ever see. She was paid $5000 and she bought herself a new car. She said she did the shows because she is amazed people still talk about it, can't believe she is horror film royalty and because so may people made so much off this small little film except the cast, the shows were like paypack. Makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 7504/06/2013

[quote] I can see Linda Hamilton making 20 grand a weekend, what with all the Terminator freaks out there. But, really, she was married to James Cameron and should be set for life, and then some. Sad she's still clinging on to a role created by her asshole ex.

You know she isn't just popular or remembered for her Terminator role. She did a fairly popular and successful TV series called "Beauty and the Beast" that still has lots of fangirls in a tizzy.

by Anonymousreply 7604/06/2013

Hamilton was also in the original "Children of the Corn." Not as big as "Terminator" but still on horror fans' radars.

by Anonymousreply 7704/06/2013

And where Linda Hamilton is concerned, don't forget the 7 episode ABC TV legend called King's Crossing.

Or in the case of King's Crossing, please recall the 7 episode ABC TV legend. Or Google it. It was there. It really was.

by Anonymousreply 7804/06/2013

Barry Livingston, now a character actor who continues to work regularly, goes to these events. (He was "Ernie" on "My Three Sons") His book starts with a description of an autograph show, he was next to Jay North who was having a slow day....Interesting book

by Anonymousreply 7904/06/2013

I know this may look sad to outsiders but consider that an upper end cult figure [star trek, major icon of a certain era] can earn 6-7 figures a year just sitting and signing shit and being nice.

Will anyone pay you to do same?

THAT could be considered pathetic as well if you were inclined to be judgemental.

Actors who have been forgotten by the business but are remembered by fans can make a decent living just showing up.

Not a bad living actually, and a heck of alot easier than being on a set for 12 hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 8004/06/2013

Some of the folks on this list I would love to see just so I could say that I saw them.

Mamie Van Doren?! She's an icon of the 1950s! (Will she be wearing her bullet bra?)

Ron Ely ("Mr. Ely, I have many fond memories of masturbating while watching you as Tarzan...")

June Lockhart -- Amazing that she's still around and I bet she has many great old Hollywood stories.

Dean Cain -- That makes me sad! Apparently he really was just another pretty face. And isn't he a closet case? The rumor was that he goes to these things to cruise for sex.

Angie Dickenson?! -- ("Ms. Dickenson, I loved that scene where we could see your pussy in Dressed to Kill! Can I have your autograph?")

by Anonymousreply 8104/06/2013

Dean Cain has a BAD agent.

He returns scripts and offers unread, saying that they were 'unsolicited'.

Dean needs to fire his agent, then he could get work.

by Anonymousreply 8204/06/2013

Dean Cain works an insane amount, but it's all direct to DVD/made for cable shit most people never see. You'd think he had a dozen illegitimate kids from different baby mamas he was trying to support. He does need to fire his agent and find someone a little more discerning.

by Anonymousreply 8304/06/2013

Cain currently hosts some lame syndicated bloopers/funny videos show.

by Anonymousreply 8404/06/2013

Why is Gregory Harrison not starring on a current TV show? He looks every bit as hot as he ever did. It must be by his choice.

by Anonymousreply 8504/06/2013

R85 no Gregory Harrison wants to work. He does an occasional stint on tv, but not getting cast much.

by Anonymousreply 8604/06/2013

Greg would be perfect as a love interest for Connie Britton on Nashville or for any one of those middleaged broads on other shows.

by Anonymousreply 8704/06/2013

Gregory Harrison would work on the reboot of "Dallas."

by Anonymousreply 8804/06/2013

There is no more "slumming"...Either actors are making money or not, if they're free for a day why not get paid $5,000 (or more) to meet fans and take pics? The actors are getting paid to do what they do for free on the street every day. People like to meet celebs, they've figured out a way to monetize it. Stars do this ALL THE TIME for charity, the dollar figures are much higher though. Wouldn't you sign autographs for $1,000+ PER HOUR?

Also, here's how (my guess) this event operates--They pay the bigger names extra to show up and don't take a cut of their profits...The big names (like Dean Cain) are loss leaders to sell entrance tix to the event...Same thing as how car shows used to operate, tons of tickets would sell to kids coming to see the celeb question and answer sessions

by Anonymousreply 8904/06/2013

Is this an American phenomenon, or do Brits line up to meet old Doctor Who companions? I would think the Japanese would be mad for something like this.

by Anonymousreply 9004/06/2013

June Lockhart is a sweetie. Was WEHO Pride Parade Grand Marsharlette back in the mid 90s. A real doll.

by Anonymousreply 9104/06/2013

[quote]that sounds like the makings of a good low-budget film

Seriously, how is this not a TV series on USA. John Stamos or Jeremy Piven as a shady operator who organizes these things. Every week, we could have a new spate of D-list celebs arguing over who gets placement where and fighting crazy fans. They'd get some money and health insurance and we could get a little walk down memory lane.

by Anonymousreply 9204/06/2013

I would love to meet Mamie Van Doren as well. She's ridiculous but she owns it, and I love that she has the guts to look the way she wants to look even though she's 82.

Her website and blog are a hoot. She's also an opinionated liberal who posts a lot of political news on her Twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 9304/06/2013

Would the D-Listers play themselves?

by Anonymousreply 9404/06/2013

[quote]Would the D-Listers play themselves?

Yes. It'd be like a cross between LARRY SANDERS and THE LOVE BOAT.

by Anonymousreply 9504/06/2013

[quote]John Stamos or Jeremy Piven as a shady operator who organizes these things. Every week, we could have a new spate of D-list celebs arguing over who gets placement where and fighting crazy fans. They'd get some money and health insurance and we could get a little walk down memory lane.

I could see this more on HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc. Maybe have Larry David involved.

by Anonymousreply 9604/06/2013

[quote] Dean Cain -- That makes me sad!

Why feel sad for a Republican, Rick Perry-supporting asshole?

by Anonymousreply 9704/06/2013

Someone should go and ask Angie Dickinson if she was really second choice to Lucille Ball in " Dressed to Kill."

by Anonymousreply 9804/06/2013

[quote]Is this an American phenomenon, or do Brits line up to meet old Doctor Who companions? I would think the Japanese would be mad for something like this.

Yes Britain does it to....

by Anonymousreply 9904/06/2013

]quote]Someone should go and ask Angie Dickinson if she was really second choice to Lucille Ball in " Dressed to Kill."

They should ask that of EVERYONE! "So, Dean, is it true Lucy was the first choice for Superman?"

by Anonymousreply 10004/06/2013

Here's the line-up of stars at the Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Septemeber.

by Anonymousreply 10104/06/2013

R101...on your list: Ed Asner and Shirley Jones (didn't expect to see them there), "F Troop's" Larry Storch and Dennis The Menace himself--Jay North.

by Anonymousreply 10204/06/2013

[quote]Someone should go and ask Angie Dickinson if she was really second choice to Lucille Ball in " Dressed to Kill."

Ha,I met her and she did indeed sign my "Dressed To Kill" DVD. She took it, looked at and said, "Oh this was a scary one!". If she eve comes around again I will ask her!.

by Anonymousreply 10304/06/2013

[quote]Someone should go and ask Angie Dickinson if she was really second choice to Lucille Ball in " Dressed to Kill."

Ha! There's a shower scene I would have loved to have seen. Especially if they had a close up of Lucy's fire-engine red pubes.

by Anonymousreply 10404/06/2013

[quote]Especially if they had a close up of Lucy's fire-engine red pubes.

Hidden by the Chesterfield smoke emitting from the stall.

"Aim the water lower Gary...my butt's getting damp."

by Anonymousreply 10504/06/2013

[quote]Carol Lynley always wears the same gold sweater.

Someone should gift her another.

by Anonymousreply 10604/06/2013

I find it very SAD and disappointing that OSCAR winner Patty Duke, has to attend these type of shows. You would never see Sally Field there or Meryl Streep there, and Patty is as good if not a better actress than them.

by Anonymousreply 10704/10/2013

not HAS to attend NEEDS to attend

by Anonymousreply 10804/10/2013

[quote]I find it very SAD and disappointing that OSCAR winner Patty Duke, has to attend these type of shows. You would never see Sally Field there or Meryl Streep there, and Patty is as good if not a better actress than them.

If Sally Field or Meryl Streep wrote a book, they would go on a book tour and sign books that people paid for. These people are actors, not royalty. I just went to the Carol Burnett book signing at Barnes & Nobles in NYC on Tuesday. My friend is a life long fan. To meet her, you had to buy the book at list price which came out to $27 and change. Not much different BUT the shows have an advantage.

They kept announcing that she would only sign the book which is usually the rule for book signings, no memorabilia, no photos with her and the crowd groaned. At these shows you don't have to pay to meet the star, you do if you want something signed such as posters or DVDs, whatever you admire the celeb for or just a headshot photo or you can have your picture taken with them.

by Anonymousreply 10904/11/2013

I'm surprised Melissa Gilbert hasn't hit these.

by Anonymousreply 11004/11/2013

I'd like to meet Bronson Pinchot. I bet he's a hoot. Wonder if he's hooked up w/fans? I read he's a horndog and kinda pervy with women. If that dog Amy Hecklering could snag him, a farily good looking, fit woman would have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 11104/11/2013

Bronson Pinchot was at the last Chiller show in Oct and he would leave his table and walk around the crowds. Seemed to be enjoying himself.

by Anonymousreply 11204/11/2013

Hey, it's easy money. I'd do it with no reservations.

by Anonymousreply 11304/11/2013

[quote]I'm surprised Melissa Gilbert hasn't hit these.

The other attendees were complaining about the stench from her "Half Pint" shit bras, so we relocated her out to the back parking lot next to the dumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 11404/11/2013

Oh thank you Beverley. I knew she would be part of this, just wish a notice would have been put up over her relocation. I will watch out for her when I park my car.

I would love to get a bra signed by Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 11504/11/2013

No Pia?

by Anonymousreply 11604/11/2013

Jesus. I'm so Z-list I can't score an invite.

by Anonymousreply 11704/12/2013

Actually Donna would probably do very well with TV fans and her "Out Of This World" or Disney's "Even Stevens" shows or movie fans with "Saturday Night Fever". I'd meet her.

by Anonymousreply 11804/12/2013

Looks AWESOME.

by Anonymousreply 11904/12/2013

What a fascinating thread. I'm in the LA area and I may check one out.

by Anonymousreply 12004/12/2013

Well the big Hollywood Show is next week!

by Anonymousreply 12104/12/2013

Donna Pescow was at one of the eventsI went to a few years back...my friend went to see her specifically and believe me, she is all business. She started rolling off her rates the minute we approached her. Otherwise, she was okay.

by Anonymousreply 12204/12/2013

Melissa Gilbert has a wedding to plan, R110.

by Anonymousreply 12304/12/2013

R120, I may go too. Never been to one but my curiosity is piqued. Jeremy Miller from "Growing Pains" just got added! How much to get the dirt on Kirk Cameron?

by Anonymousreply 12404/13/2013

Patty Duke is joining "Glee" as a lesbian! And so far it doesn't interfere with Chiller show coming up in two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 12504/13/2013

Bronson Pinchot and WOMEN???

The mind reels!

by Anonymousreply 12604/13/2013

r109 it is "sad" b/c Patty Duke should be working(BTW a book tour is not the same as these fan shows). And I guess someone finally heard us on DL, b/c Ms. Patty Duke is going to become part of the GLEE cast.

by Anonymousreply 12704/13/2013

Did anyone ever, you know, hook up with one of those stars (for money or for free) on those events? Though it seems to be more of a older faded legend star crowd at those autograph booth events, is it not?

by Anonymousreply 12804/13/2013

What ever happened to Kimmy Gibler?

by Anonymousreply 12904/13/2013

I wonder, what do the A-listers, especially those like Meryl Streep and Brad Pitt who've been on the top-tier for decades, think of all this? Do they pity these has-beens and never-weres? Do they dread ending up like that?

by Anonymousreply 13004/13/2013

yes and yes

by Anonymousreply 13104/13/2013

[quote](BTW a book tour is not the same as these fan shows).

Honey, I attend both frequently and they are all but the same. A star selling their ass to the public. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 13204/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.