Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Parents who overshare. Are you one of them, do you know any?

[quote]Do you dare to overshare your kids' exploits on social media?

From bragging "mommyjackers" and smug "sanctimommies" to pictures of poop-smeared kids and placenta art, blogger Blair Koenig has seen it all. In fact, she's made a career of cataloging examples from the worst parental offenders on her website STFU, Parents.

Koenig has collected examples of the most frequent and flagrant Web etiquette violations into a new book, "STFU, Parents: The Jaw-Dropping, Self-Indulgent, and Occasionally Rage-Inducing World of Parent Overshare."

Read an e-mail Q&A with Koenig below, edited for clarity and brevity:

CNN: What inspired the website?

Koenig: I started the site in March 2009 after noticing a lot of "kidformation" in my Facebook newsfeed. Several of my friends were new parents, and my feed was suddenly filled with updates about fluctuating fevers, diaper changes and nap times.

I began thinking this was something others might be experiencing when a friend (and mom of two) sent me a few screen shots of her old college friends talking about their "perfect" children in their status updates.

I had no idea back then just how much parents truly overshare about their kids. The examples that inspired the site now seem very tame. But regardless of what gets posted, the purpose of the blog has always been to highlight modern parenting trends while having a laugh. I'm interested in discussion and etiquette, but I also want it to be entertaining.

{more at link]

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2013

OMG, she even has a peanut allergy category.

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2013

"Let me state again: If the smell of a FUCKING PEANUT sends someone into "Peanutocalypse Now" flashbacks . . . They. Fucking, Need. Therapy.

It's a fucking PEANUT! A PEANUT!

Unless they were anally raped by a few thousand Cashews, having a FREAK OUT over a peanut constitutes THER-A-PY!"

This has to be a DL'er.

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2013

A friend of mine shared that her 9 year old daughter wanted a training bra - and commented something like, "To train what?" making fun of the little girl wanting a bra.

Is that something that really needs to be in public? This mother has no respect for her daughter's privacy.

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2013

"precious little fuck trophy"

I am so using that now instead of crotch fruit.

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2013

I have a friend who just posted about his one-year old eating his own shit.

((((((((((shudder))))))))))

funny blog.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2013

"You are mean. You could've allowed the toddlers to come and then played dwarf tossing over the side of the boat. It's like skipping stones, only more fun 'cuz toddlers and / or little people make a big splash when they hit the water"

Some of the comments are hilarious. This in response to a girl complaining that she wanted an adults only wedding on a boat and her BIL's wouldn't come if their kids were not welcome.

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2013

It's amazing how many of these fraus total identity is wrapped up in being mommies. It's as if they consider themselves nothing without BABIES!

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2013

"(BTW she had twin daughters. Vagena is one, the other one is named Vadgesty. Oh, you want full names? Vadgesty Foxi Maiden and Vagena Tamphen Pohtaytar - what insane judge approved these names?!!)"

Apparently these are real names.

by Anonymousreply 904/04/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2013

One mommy tattooed a pic of an apple with her daughter's bite marks on herself

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.