Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Most Stunning Ad Ever Made for a Used Car With 128,000 Miles That's Been Puked In Twice

From Adweek:

[quote]"You're going to need an abacus to keep track of all the ass you'll be getting in this thing!" That's one of dozens of stellar lines in the homemade ad below—a truly astonishing collage posted to Craigslist by one Nate Walsh, who may be a scrapbooking fanatic ...but is certainly one of the most inventively twisted human beings in the greater southern Illinois area. Each section is more hilarious than the last, as Walsh pitches what's clearly a piece of crap not just with humor but with panache. It ends up reading like the most amusing infomerical script you've ever read—complete with the stunning price reveal at the end, and the car framed by Wieden-esque images of fighter jets, explosions and fireworks. Seriously, you couldn't do better than this. (It makes that earlier homemade Pontiac ad look like it was made by a preschooler.) Because people are stupid, it's already been flagged for removal from Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2013

I've bought two lemons off Ebay because I guess I didn't ask enough questions. My fault if I thought "starts good, runs great, daily driver!" was just a breezy way to indicate that a car ready-to-go. Should I also ask "Is the underside so rusted that the engine could fall out at any moment?" or "Did you switch-out the tires after you took the pictures, for those made for a little Subaru?".

by Anonymousreply 104/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2013

That was fun. He still won't sell that car, though.

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2013

I'd buy it to see him naked. I bet he'd be game.

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2013

Hope he gets a job in advertising.

Copywriters at some of the advertising agencies I've hired over the years haven't been as talented as this guy.

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2013

The ad is worth more than the car. The ad almost makes the car a collector's item.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2013

He is a MUCH better writer than that girl who didn't get into college. Everyone thought she was so good, and she just wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!